Anubis

The 97

On 01/08/2021 at 10:29, dockers_strike said:

Good that the threat title has been updated to reflect the 97. I wonder if the club has any plans to do the same on the shirts?

It might be too late for this season, but I think instead of saying '97' on the back in future, it might be an idea to put '1989' or 15/4/1989' between the flames. The tragedy has claimed the lives of more than the 97 as so many others had their lives ruined by it. Commemoration of the date would make it inclusive of them too. As I say, just an idea.

• Upvote 11

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

It might be too late for this season, but I think instead of saying '97' on the back in future, it might be an idea to put '1989' or 15/4/1989' between the flames. The tragedy has claimed the lives of more than the 97 as so many others had their lives ruined by it. Commemoration of the date would make it inclusive of them too. As I say, just an idea.

I like it. A lot.

I like the idea and how it recognises the wider impact of that day but I think there's something poignant about it being the number. It humanises it, it makes it clear it's not in memory of a "few" but of 97 fans. Either way, I hope we recognise Andrew in this way, I've no doubt we will.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

I like the idea and how it recognises the wider impact of that day but I think there's something poignant about it being the number. It humanises it, it makes it clear it's not in memory of a "few" but of 97 fans. Either way, I hope we recognise Andrew in this way, I've no doubt we will.

Yeah. That’s a great point too. 

For those that matter they’ll never be forgotten though. 

As the Devine family adjusted to their new life, where everything was centred around caring for Andrew, Bettison’s trajectory soared. He became chief constable of Merseyside Police in 1998, was made an honorary fellow of Liverpool John Moores University six years later

How the fuck was that allowed to happen?

1 hour ago, Scooby Dudek said:

It is he right thing to do and good to see the club immediately organise it. 

Yeah. I didn’t think for a second they wouldn’t do right on this. 

Confirmed on the offal that from next season, the kits will have 97 between the flames on the back. Also, 96 Avenue has been renamed 97 Avenue.