You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 97

Anubis

36 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Looking at his profile he seems to be one of these cunt lawyers who gets paid shitloads for representing scumbag murderers and taking great delight in getting them off on legal technicalities.

You're better than that. 

I suspect this guy is a twat of the highest order. 

Scumbag murderers don't get off on legal technicalities. The nature of justice in the UK means there is a Prosecution and a Defence. 

Mr rb14 might well be described by a few people as "taking great delight" in "getting a scumbag murderer" off on a "legal technicality", but I can tell you that justice was absolutely served by the convicted murderer's rightful acquittal and release from a life sentence, despite the police's obstruction, withholding of evidence, and statement that they "know he's guilty" on the steps of the court after the acquittal hearing. 

Are there cunt lawyers? Absolutely. There are cunts everywhere. Is Goldberg a cunt? Probably. Almost certainly.

I intend to make representation to the Bar Standards Board about Goldberg's statements. I don't expect it'll get very far. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

The Class and dignity shown by this lady over the years has been humbling. She deserves so much better.

E2U79oZXIAET49m.jpeg

Much love and respect to her and all those who must be devastated by this utter disgrace today.

More than anything, I wish them the peace they so deserve, but I know that they will never rest and fight until they have the justice that is rightfully theirs.

Heroes every one of them.

• Upvote 2

If you remember how how Judge Openshaw (remember the poor chap comment ) behaved at the original and subsequent re-trial of David Duckenfielld then this is hardly surprising.

I guess as shite as it is in ending it now just delayed the inevitable outcome . I mean if you read this from the always excellent David Conn then it not only makes your blood boil but again highlights how the establishment close ranks 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/28/how-david-duckenfield-trial-left-hillsborough-families-distraught-again

But what can never be taken away is something the families fought for and the debt the city and its people owe them 

E2ThncNXMAcVFw9?format=jpg&name=small

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Previous documents completed for the Taylor Inquiry appear to contradict the ruling in the recent criminal case that Taylor wasn't a judicial inquiry and was instead an administrative matter. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/03/judicial-hillsborough-inquiry-questionnaires-cast-doubt-trial-ruling

and the end of that article tells you all you need to know. cunts. 

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Previous documents completed for the Taylor Inquiry appear to contradict the ruling in the recent criminal case that Taylor wasn't a judicial inquiry and was instead an administrative matter. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/jun/03/judicial-hillsborough-inquiry-questionnaires-cast-doubt-trial-ruling

Beneath contempt. I really dont know how the judge could have come to that conclusion never mind the CPS 'deciding' not to appeal. Just one more piece in the utter travesty jigsaw.

Sorry, out of +ve for the day.

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Breaking, SYP and WMP to pay damages to the families and people involved in the Hillsbrough disaster. Blood money, should have had proper justice.

An admission of guilt while at the same time making sure nobody faced any justice..

What a great legal system we have 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Maxine Peake will play Hillsborough campaigner Anne Williams in a 4 part drama on ITV in the next few weeks .

Hopefully they do it justice but if Maxine Peake is involved I really think they will .

What an inspiration Anne Williams was.such determination and dignity. RIP

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Tj hooker said:

Maxine Peake will play Hillsborough campaigner Anne Williams in a 4 part drama on ITV in the next few weeks .

Hopefully they do it justice but if Maxine Peake is involved I really think they will .

Not sure Id be able to watch this. I'll be in bits but thanks for posting.

• Upvote 1