You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 97

Anubis

Not sure if this this has been posted but they've responded to the ban: 

"The Sun and Liverpool FC have had a solid working relationship for the 28 years since the Hillsborough tragedy. Banning journalists from a club is bad for fans and bad for football. The Sun can reassure readers this won’t affect our full football coverage.

"The Sun deeply regrets its reporting of the tragic events at Hillsborough and understands the damage caused by those reports is still felt by many in the city. A new generation of journalists on the paper congratulate the families on the hard fought victory they have achieved through the inquest. It is to their credit that the truth has emerged and, whilst we can't undo the damage done, we would like to further a dialogue with the city and to show that the paper has respect for the people of Liverpool."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-sun-liverpool-fc-ban-reporters-hillsborough-coverage-journalists-anfield-a7573846.html

"Banning us is bad for football." 

"Soz about the damage we did" 

"Think of the new journalists, they like you" 

"Can you let us back in?" 

Cancer of a paper. 

Not sure if this this has been posted but they've responded to the ban: 

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-sun-liverpool-fc-ban-reporters-hillsborough-coverage-journalists-anfield-a7573846.html

"Banning us is bad for football." 

"Soz about the damage we did" 

"Think of the new journalists, they like you" 

"Can you let us back in?" 

Cancer of a paper.

Exactly mate, we have long memories:

1jgeqz.jpg

They deserve everything they get.

• Upvote 6

Digging through to Australia by the looks of it.

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/02/17/exclusive-hillsborough-groups-tried-to-join-us-nuttall-has-never-been-in-touch/

At the UKIP spring conference earlier today, Paul Nuttall finally emerged from hiding to tearfully call the exposure of his false claims regarding the Hillsborough disaster a coordinated, cruel and almost evil smear campaign

Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage subsequently told the Express that the Labour party had stymied Nuttall’s efforts to provide support to Hillsborough campaign and support groups:

For years the Labour party have tried to keep him out of the whole Hillsborough debate purely for party political reasons.

He has tried in the past to join the various groups and he has literally been excluded from them

Messrs Nuttall and Farage have apparently never heard of the old maxim about holes and stopping digging.

Margaret Aspinall, Chair of the Hillsborough Families Support Group told the SKWAWKBOX:

They’ve said what?! We have never, ever – and I mean ever – heard from Paul Nuttall. We’re not a group he could ‘join’ anyway – you have to have lost a family member at Hillsborough. So clearly Mr Farage has no idea what he’s talking about and we will not have him casting aspersions on us or our families.

Kenny Derbyshire, Chairman of the Hillsborough Justice Campaign, was even more forthright. He told this blog:

Paul Nuttall and Nigel Farage are talking absolute nonsense. We have never heard from him, not even once and if they’re trying to claim they’ve been blocked from joining us they’re just trying to cover up one lie with another. How dare he – we’ve never thought much of him and this just confirms our opinion.

When the SKWAWKBOX’s exclusive on the inconsistencies of Nuttall’s claims started to be widely circulated last month, Paul Nuttall went to the Express to condemn the ‘slurs’ against him – which got the Guardian interested and their article led to his humiliation on Radio City Talk this week.

Clearly neither he nor Farage learned any lessons from that and are still trying to go on the attack with ‘alternative facts’ to ease the pressure on Nuttall ahead of next week’s Stoke Central by-election. To do so in a way that is so easily checked is foolish.

But to do it in a way that attempts to blame the families bereaved in the very tragedy that Nuttall has been rightly vilified for making false claims about – that is both despicable and unforgivable.

If Nuttall has any sense or decency, he will retire from politics – and never show his face in Liverpool again.

• 3 weeks later...

Just been sat near Jenni Hicks in M&S cafe in Widnes. Touched her shoulder as I left and just said "you'll never walk alone Jenni". Had to say something and she looked at me with a warmth you can't imagine and just said "thank you love". What a woman. Walked off nearly in tears. if she wasn't enjoying her scone so much i'd have sat next to her for a chat but thats a bit weird isn't it. 

• Upvote 9

• 1 month later...

A day not at all unlike this one. In the blink of an eye the seemingly mundane became extraordinary. Thousands of lives changed forever irreparably, 96 lives lost.

And for many, their struggle had just began.

I can't imagine what it must be like to fight against such a loaded, corrupted system for such a time. 96 may be the number of people who died that sunny April day, but it's also the banner behind which many more thousands of good, honest, hard working, deceny, loving people chose their side and made their stand.

Personally, I'm no longer angry at The S*n or even at McKenzie, I pity them more than anything. Thanks to the tireless campaigning of HJC and many others, the truth - the REAL Truth - has won the day.

Everyone knows just what a diseased organ the flagship paper of Murdoch's NI empire really is. McKenzie's reputation is already lower than a snakes belly, he will forever be tarnished by his lies of that day, ad by his quite hideous arrogant refusal to admit such in the decades since. He's been shamed and has zero professional integrity or clout. The man is a joke and he will remain so for far longer than the 27 years that it took to clear the names of our 96.

In the past I've been to services at Anfield and at Hillsborough, and shed more than a tear or two along the way, I'm not ashamed to say. But today, for me at least, it does feel different. A day to mourn, to grieve, and to remember, of course, but today it also feels right to smile, to laugh, to joke, and to rejoice. Remember The 96 always, but also I give thanks for what they've each given to us; the love and the pride for my team and for the City of Liverpool and it's people, their resistence, their solidarity, passion, determination, hunger for truth and their unrelenting, unwavering quest for Justice has just been unbelievably humbling. And for that I smile and say "Thankyou".

It's been my privilage.

God Bless The 96.

• Upvote 19

A day not at all unlike this one. In the blink of an eye the seemingly mundane became extraordinary. Thousands of lives changed forever irreparably, 96 lives lost.

I can't imagine what it must be like to fight against such a loaded, corrupted system for such a time. 96 may be the number of people who died that sunny April day, but it's also the banner behind which many more thousands of good, honest, hard working, deceny, loving people chose their side and made their stand.

Personally, I'm no longer angry at The S*n or even at McKenzie, I pity them more than anything. Thanks to the tireless campaigning of HJC and many others, the truth - the REAL Truth - has won the day.

Everyone knows just what a diseased organ the flagship paper of Murdoch's NI empire really is. McKenzie's reputation is already lower than a snakes belly, he will forever be tarnished by his lies of that day, ad by his quite hideous arrogant refusal to admit such in the decades since. He's been shamed and has zero professional integrity or clout. The man is a joke and he will remain so for far longer than the 27 years that it took to clear the names of our 96.

In the past I've been to services at Anfield and at Hillsborough, and shed more than a tear or two along the way, I'm not ashamed to say. But today, for me at least, it does feel different. A day to mourn, to grieve, and to remember, of course, but today it also feels right to smile, to laugh, to joke, and to rejoice. Remember The 96 always, but also I give thanks for what they've each given to us; the love and the pride for my team and for the City of Liverpool and it's people, their resistence, their solidarity, passion, determination, hunger for truth and their unrelenting, unwavering quest for Justice has just been unbelievably humbling. And for that I smile and say "Thankyou".

It's been my privilage.

God Bless The 96.

You've just made me cry. But as you rightly say, they aren't sad tears. happy? No, but not sad. proud. 

96 Souls Will Never Walk Alone

We Love You Liverpool We Do 

It's been my privilage.

God Bless The 96.

No more words needed than that.

JFT 96

• Upvote 1

It's been my privilage.

God Bless The 96.

I hope this post makes it into the top repped posts this sites ever had x 

• Upvote 2

The 96 weren't the only ones to suffer tragedy in sporting disasters, but they arguably had one of the greatest impacts - certainly in European football. They are significant not because of any exceptional bravery - they simply went to watch football, but because inadvertently they exposed the horrors of stadium safety, the myth that all football fans were mid-20's male yobs, and the unfettered ability of the police to lie to the government and the public and expect to get away with it.

Remembrance of the 96 is too often deemed to be 'not letting go' or 'basking in the grief'. It's not. It's about being reminded that tragedy potentially lurks around every corner, and complacency should never surface again. 

The 96 should never be forgotten - their legacy is a reminder to everybody. Many fans aren't aware that not all of the 96 were Liverpool fans. At least one was a neutral (Spurs fan I think).

I detest the 'time to let go' comments I sometimes hear. It's made by people who completely miss the point of why they should never be forgotten. They are as relevant today as they were the day they died. 

• Upvote 2

Just watched programme 'hillsborough timeline' on lfc tv.

The courage, dignity, spirit and unbreakable resolve of the families just leaps out of the screen as footage from across the 27 years up until last years long overdue verdicts were delivered.

The setbacks, the disappointments, the frustration at being blocked, lied to and of course all this whilst grieving were heartbreaking to watch - interspersed with footage of lying bastards who were covering up the tragedy and people caught up in it all....then the relief at the world being told at last that these brave, inspirational people who never gave up were right all along and their loved ones were unlawfully killed was an incredible thing to watch.

Listening to Margaret Aspinall say how her lad and the other 95 could finally rest in peace summed it all up beautifully.

I wish I had a fraction of those peoples courage, fight and heart.

YNWA JFT 96

• Upvote 5

How you can play your part:

When you spot the S*n newspaper in a pile in the newsagents, stick a load of other newspapers on top of it. Anyone then wishing to buy the S*n cannot find it. Do this at every newsagents, super market etc you go in.

anyone else still doing this, i have my kids doing it now ha

Celtic fans have organised a petition to ask their club to join in the boycott.

https://www.change.org/p/celtic-ban-...ter_responsive

• Upvote 1