You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The 97

Anubis

Ah the same Yorkshire Ripper who could have been caught in November 77 if they had bothered to investigate Sutcliffe's red Corsair they would have found that the tyres on it linked him to a murder 9 months earlier.

Instead he carried out a further 7 murders till he was caught by chance....Wow that is something to be proud of

I've been arguing the toss with a bunch of blatantly right wing cretins on Twitter today who have been defending the SYP and stating that alcohol was the root cause and that our fans killed our own (amongst other things). I've kept myself from insulting them and mainly directed them to The Taylor Report.

However, I'm livid with myself for getting drawn in as all it's done is just put me in a woeful mood and i really should have known better.

But it is amazing and hugely disturbing just how many people still insist on a different truth, even now. 

• Upvote 1

A lot of people are just interested in playing the other side to wind LFC fans up too. You have to realise that the majority have been brainwashed and even if faced with the truth will always side with their anti LFC agenda. Had the same arguement with a Forest fan yesterday. He's 44 years old and still thinks, even after the report, that the fans "might have had SOME part" to play in this. Cunts are going to be cunts and sadly that's human nature.

I've been arguing the toss with a bunch of blatantly right wing cretins on Twitter today who have been defending the SYP and stating that alcohol was the root cause and that our fans killed our own (amongst other things). I've kept myself from insulting them and mainly directed them to The Taylor Report.

However, I'm livid with myself for getting drawn in as all it's done is just put me in a woeful mood and i really should have known better.

But it is amazing and hugely disturbing just how many people still insist on a different truth, even now.

Haters are going to hate. Ignore them (if you can)

I went through a phase of sending anyone I saw posting a JFT39 a screenshot of the list of charges brought against fans.  It's pissing against the wind though mate so best leave well alone. 

Haters are going to hate. Ignore them (if you can)

I went through a phase of sending anyone I saw posting a JFT39 a screenshot of the list of charges brought against fans.  It's pissing against the wind though mate so best leave well alone. 

Right on cue, some whopper has just brought up the classic Heysel argument.

I've given up now. 

Fuck them. Fuck the whole fucking lot of them. They don't possess an ounce of compassion, or integrity or any quality which would entitle them to call themselves decent normal human beings. They are so filled with hate that they will believe a lie as long as it suits their vile agenda. That or they would not know the truth if it came up to them and battered them over their Neanderthal heads.

Don't waste your time with these scum. Fuck them right off. We know the truth, and every genuine decent person knows the truth. Let the hateful scummy bastards believe what they want. If any such individual is reading this, bully for you, you found a moment in your meaningless existence to come here and read what we are saying. Now kindly fuck off, crawl into a ditch and die. That way the gene pool will become less tainted by you and your vile kind.

Made the mistake of seeing what was on the SYP's facebook page; 

https://www.facebook.com/southyorkshirepolice

Summary

• Ticketless fans need to take some of the blame 
  • Fans were drinking til 10 minutes before the game 
  • SYP did only what they could with limited resource
  • Liverpool fans are quick to remember what happened with Heysel 
  • What has this got to do with the city of Liverpool? That's the problem the entire place thinks it's constantly owed something

It's going to take a lot time to reverse some of this mentality. 

I think it's quite amusing that the "JFT39" crew are usually the same ones who are saying "time to move on" over Hillsborough.

So, a disaster from 1989 should just be left alone, not discussed or reported on, but you're constantly happy to bring up a disaster from 1985? Stunning logic.

If anything, if the "JFT39" crew's desire for justice for the victims of Heysel is genuine rather, than as I expect just a pathetic point scoring exercise on social media, they should be championing the recent news about Hillsborough and should also be motivated by it. If they think there are still wrongs to be righted after that sad day in 1985, do what the Hillsborough families did. Fight. And then fight some more. Instead of just being a dick on the internet.

These people, and those who continue to perpetuate the drunk, ticketless fans argument, used to anger me.

Now? They're pissing in the wind. They're wrong. Totally wrong. Don't get annoyed by them. It's what they want. Continue to be polite and educate. But, ultimately, just laugh at them. At the end of the day, they're not worth the sweat off my hairy undercarriage.

Much love.

xxxxx

• Upvote 2

Made the mistake of seeing what was on the SYP's facebook page;

https://www.facebook.com/southyorkshirepolice

Summary

• Ticketless fans need to take some of the blame
  • Fans were drinking til 10 minutes before the game
  • SYP did only what they could with limited resource
  • Liverpool fans are quick to remember what happened with Heysel
  • What has this got to do with the city of Liverpool? That's the problem the entire place thinks it's constantly owed something

It's going to take a lot time to reverse some of this mentality.

they did only what they could with limited resource? There were a hundred of them in a line of the halfway line doing fuck all while the results of their mismanagement was unfolding in front of their eyes.

A lot of people are just interested in playing the other side to wind LFC fans up too. You have to realise that the majority have been brainwashed and even if faced with the truth will always side with their anti LFC agenda. Had the same arguement with a Forest fan yesterday. He's 44 years old and still thinks, even after the report, that the fans "might have had SOME part" to play in this. Cunts are going to be cunts and sadly that's human nature.

exactly this. They ll continue to sing to wind us up. However it shouldn't just be accepted. If these songs are sung they should be reported. People in Glasgow dont stand for sectarian songs and now the clubs will be fined for it at least. Songs sung about disasters should be treated like this as well.

they did only what they could with limited resource? There were a hundred of them in a line of the halfway line doing fuck all while the results of their mismanagement was unfolding in front of their eyes.

Here's a response: 

942207_542596935782391_924806483_n.jpg?o
Colin Brumwell The outside gate was opened because the officers outside feared for fatalities outside ,there is footage of a young fan being rescued by a mounted officer after being crushed by the closed gate and when it opens an unknown number of fans many without tickets pushed through all on film and after that the situation was beyond anyones control

Like · Reply · 4 · 4 hrs

If you're interested in the development of that conversation, look for "Update:" from SYP and then find Andy John Swfc Dunn wearing a striped kit. 

Hillsborough inquest: Why the FA's weasel words on Hillsborough are inadequate for the 96

The FA have escaped lightly - the 96 deserved better from the 'guardians of the game'

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/hillsborough-inquest-why-the-fas-weasel-words-on-hillsborough-are-inadequate-a7003826.html

• Upvote 1

Spot on. You also have to put this into the political context of the time. Thatcher and her allies would have been delighted that it was people from the City of Liverpool (and especially football fans at that) involved at Hillsborough. It's now documented that the Cabinet were in favour of "Managed Decline" for Liverpool.

They removed Labour Councillors for setting an unbalanced budget( yet how much was lost by them on ERM Mechanism disaster, among others). They wanted the rest of the country to believe Scousers were a Communist unlawful rabble,to whom the usual rules of society didn't apply

Throw in the constant propaganda from the media, police and even that shitbag Carl Lane for perpetuating the myth in her cringworthy tv series Bread.

Repeat a lie often enough,and people believe it.,and it just proves how important the Media are,and how much influence they have over public opinion,and therefore election results.. 

• Upvote 1

From that SYP Facebook link, the following quote jumped out:

SYP did only what they could with limited resource

That only serves to make these people highlight the totally inadequacy of planning and management of the game undertaken by the likes of Duckenfield and the other senior officers. SYP were totally unprepared and under-resourced for the task because they were so complacent and pre-judgemental of the whole situation and ALL football supporters. They were prepared to wing it and if things went pear-shaped, the inbuilt culture of blame and cover-up would take care of the aftermath. Some officers went against the narrative and did a genuinely great job in difficult circumstances, that much is true, so I don't want to tarnish them all with the same brush but SYP really need to stop with all this "woe is me" propaganda.

• Upvote 2