You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dortmund home leg

chacha shakoor

So deflating, Dortmund are a great side and wouldn't look out of place in the last 4 of the CL, let alone this. But, we've ourselves to blame, going to gung ho' from the off, the tie was in our favour we should have played pragmatically and made Dortmund come out and try frustrate them. 

We didnt go gung ho. Coutinho and Moreno messed up for the first then sakho kept going back to goal when he should have stepped up for the 2nd.

At the other end, our finishing has not been good. lallana's toe and air shot summed it up.

Good gauge for our manager where we actually are in relation to some of the best in Europe. We have been indulging of late in our self-generated hype after the first round draw as well as our defeat of mighty Stoke. This game will show how much we are lacking in quality players with pace, ball control, passing, pressing.... The only redeeming fact being this Dortmund team was constructed by our own manager. 

Klopp sadly thinks this group of mediocre players are better than they are and it surprises me he thinks they can go after a side like this and blitz them...no suarez's or stevie's in this shower jurgen lad...he should have made us secure first...we didn't need to score first..naive of him...be tight first and then grow into it and win it...way we set up with just the two in the middle they just exploited space and flooded us with numbers outnumbering us and then on us quickly...should have played a holding midfielder and cut out them playing between lines - this team isn't good enough to set up to go after a team this good...they are quicker, stronger and cleverer and we would have been better being set up solid with numbers in the middle to work hard and stem them not a slow milner and can with 3 number tens in front of them offering no protection so they could waltz onto our defence.

• Upvote 1

Barely contain the glee, you utter fucking cretin. When you're man was in charge we were limping out of a shit group.

I just stated the obvious which a lot of other LFC fans can see and have said.

Klopp is certainly upholding the traditions of Rodgers bad period in Europe last season, when I said I hope it's like Madrid I meant under Rafa and not Brendan.

Guest Pistonbroke

He'll be going back to Swansea for about 8m. He isn't good enough. None of these fucking central midfielders are.

Totally agree although if Rodgers does get the Swansea gig we might get 15+, one or two could make it if we had better players around them, especially a quality DM. 

Milner doesn't have enough to play in a midfield two. None of our midfielders are good enough, which is why we need three of them in there! An overhaul in the department is needed in the summer. Keep one or two, add Grujic as a youngster coming through, and sign someone to boss the middle for us. 

Back to this game, I'd bring on Sturridge for Lallana. He's just not quite tricky enough, strong enough, or fast enough. Don't get me wrong, Firmino and Coutinho could easily be replaced too, but they have more of an x-factor and could manage to pop up with something really good out of the blue. Sturridge for Lallana. 

And maybe try to get Allen in the middle too. It needs shoring up in there. 

Klopp is certainly upholding the traditions of Rodgers bad period in Europe last season, when I said I hope it's like Madrid I meant under Rafa and not Brendan.

A lot of fans have stated the obvious from day one if you look past the positives. The fact is we aren't that good and no one is denying that, but your making out you are a fucking genius by acknowledging that fact instead of just supporting the team.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fuck off you cretin. 

if Lucas or Allen were on the pitch they would have brought that cunt down before he played the pass for the second goal. Naive play.

Yeah and the other lot on here would be fucking moaning about Lucas or Allen giving away a free kick in a dangerous area and then some if theyd have scored from it.