You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dortmund away leg

Ever since our decision to boycott the PL title there has been a tendency for Reds to look back, to pine for the good old days. And in doing so it can be easy to forget that the present can be the good old days which we will talk about in the future.

Our EL campaign is a case in point, Man U binned, an excellent score draw against a very good Dortmund side in one of Europe’s very best stadiums – and Switzerland within sight. Enjoy.

What a difference having a decent manager makes! Brendan’s dossier is in landfill, his embarrassing Euro record committed to collective amnesia. Instead, in Klopp, we have a man at home in Europe, who understands it, and knows how integral Euro success is to the DNA of LFC.

Going with the Big O up front was a big call, the ones that top managers are asked to make, and get paid to get right. And didn’t it come off in spades? Origi worked his socks off, scored, and played for the team. Hopefully Danny was taking note.

I have no time for Sturridge. A fine goal scorer when he decides to play, Klopp seems to have got his measure. A player who doesn’t go through the pain barrier for the team, who is not there when he is needed, but appears when a EL final and Euro Championships in France are in sight, is not made of the stuff required at LFC. His attitude was found out at Man City and Chelsea, it hasn’t taken Klopp long to make a similar discovery. Yes he is great when he plays, but pro rata he is on the equivalent of over £300k a week when his no shows are allowed for.

The team were magnificent, all heroes, Klopp handled the occasion with dignity and panache. I can’t wait for the second leg.

Brendan Rodgers liverpool

we re on our way to glory

he built a team like shankly did

Our kids will have a story

Good post, Xerxes.

Not sure if I'm alone in this, but I found the 10th anniversary celebrations of Istanbul absolutely nauseating. It wasn't befitting of a club as great as ours, but then again neither were our performances in our Champions League return that 2014/15 season.

Last night was a return to business - a great result against one of Europe's best sides. Clearly, we need several improvements to our first team this summer. Even Klopp acknowledged last night after the game that we can't yet play like that Dortmund team, but at least we're on the right road again.  

• Upvote 1

Never been a Joe Allen fan, but these impressive cameo's/performances since the boss arrived are becoming the norm. His game intelligence is clearly showing recently. Is he worth keeping as a squad player to supplement hopefully 2 dominant centre midfielders arriving in the summer alongside Can?

• Upvote 1

We're 9th in the league with him. I'd rather have Allen out there the rest of the way in the EL - the league I'd be playing kids.

Henderson has been shite all season.

We're 9th in the league because collectively we've gone missing in far too many games this season, it's not just because of Henderson. Whilst he's clearly been below par, he certainly hasn't hidden.  

Our worst ever squad (according to some) didn't do too badly dealing comfortably with the second best team in Germany, our bench was also considerably stronger then theirs.

People called me a troll for wanting Dortmund but as I said when our team knows it's a tough game they turn up and I fancy us against anyone when that's the case.

Lovren was immense like he has been recently and we should have put the tie to bed last night.Im not a big watcher or Dortmund but after last night I'm now a big fan of Hummels, he is outstanding on the ball and he would be my number one target for the summer if we have a chance of getting him and I think we do.

Henderson was the weak link during the first half and even though Allen wasn't at his best he done a lot better than Hendo, hopefully he gets a run of games now and if that happens he will look a lot better.

• Downvote 1

Still conceding from set pieces. I can see why we try short corners now though. Look at the even bigger mess our defence was left in from that corner. Hummels free to jump for ball with lallana. Was this something they did under Klopp and have carried it on?

Our worst ever squad (according to some) didn't do too badly dealing comfortably with the second best team in Germany, our bench was also considerably stronger then theirs.

People called me a troll for wanting Dortmund but as I said when our team knows it's a tough game they turn up and I fancy us against anyone when that's the case.

Lovren was immense like he has been recently and we should have put the tie to bed last night.Im not a big watcher or Dortmund but after last night I'm now a big fan of Hummels, he is outstanding on the ball and he would be my number one target for the summer if we have a chance of getting him and I think we do.

Henderson was the weak link during the first half and even though Allen wasn't at his best he done a lot better than Hendo, hopefully he gets a run of games now and if that happens he will look a lot better.

Narcissistic twat. 

We're 9th in the league because collectively we've gone missing in far too many games this season, it's not just because of Henderson. Whilst he's clearly been below par, he certainly hasn't hidden.  

I wasn't blaming him in particular but pointing out that the only statistics that really count are league position and cup runs. He's been shite in both and it's hard to see how we can be much worse in the league with him out and Allen in, frankly. He bottled it all season, good riddance,  and leave the armband where Sakho can find it. He plays like a Liverpool captain, and doesn't go missing like Henderson does.

Did you not know this place is like an appraisal at an American Bank, and you need to constantly champion things you do right at every available opportunity?

I only say that as I was criticised at the time for saying things that have turned out to be true, if I constantly wanted to show that I've been right about things I could have brought up a lot more examples during the last couple of years.I don't do that as I don't want to across as arrogant or that I think I know more than others, after the reaction I got for saying I was happy about drawing Dortmund I had to remind a few what I said.

I wasn't blaming him in particular but pointing out that the only statistics that really count are league position and cup runs. He's been shite in both and it's hard to see how we can be much worse in the league with him out and Allen in, frankly. He bottled it all season, good riddance, and leave the armband where Sakho can find it. He plays like a Liverpool captain, and doesn't go missing like Henderson does.

that ll go down well.

Did you not know this place is like an appraisal at an American Bank, and you need to champion things you do right at every available opportunity?

Those that know don't need to be told. And those that need to be told. Don't know.

That proverb is sole property of VD100416. Please give me full credit when using it.

P.S

I knew I was great all along. And I don't plagiarise. Just steal from others.

• Upvote 1

Those that know don't need to be told. And those that need to be told. Don't know.

That proverb is sole property of VD100416. Please give me full credit when using it.

P.S

whats happening in the future?

P.S

I always said you were a poster on this site and someone who types out words to do so, and now the fans who have been denying it are starting to realise it as well.

• Upvote 4