You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dortmund away leg

Great result.

Perfect tactics from Klopp.

One other thing. I can't believe people or commentators are'nt raving over Weidenfeller's save from Coutinho, That was an Amazing save.

Only got to see a replay for that just now. Macca is raving about it.  You're right though.  Was a worldlie

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Really good performance that. Discipline and courage. Origi put in a stormer. Sakho leading the defence with an inspirational performance. Allen played very well when he came on and Can improved in the second half. Moreno is the dumbest player ever though, and we've got Henderson in our squad. I hope someone throws him against a wall until some sense is knocked into him.

That incident on 80 minutes summed the dumb fuck up.

Wild challenge on Dortmund's goal-line, lucky to get away with a yellow which would have seen him suspended for the second leg. Dortmund break forward quickly and dumb cunt Moreno nowhere to be seen. Probably on the Half Way line mumbling obscenities to the ref. 

We should put that cunt on E-Bay in the summer. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Impressive, organised and disciplined performance- ideal for Europe.

Lovren and Sakho as a CB pairing needs to be persisted with, they were superb tonight.

Sakho will struggle to get a game when Matip turns up in the summer IMO, him and Lovren will be Klopps pairing at CB. Sakho just switches off in games far too often, he was good tonight though. 

I want to be fair to Henderson. He's been below his best this year but he's played through a heel injury, missed a chunk of the action, and since then has been trying to find some sort of consistency again. Unfortunately he has been some way below his best. 

I could go either way on Henderson for the future. He will be better next season if he's still here, I'm certain of that. But on the other hand, I think we need an imperious player in there to start to boss the midfield for us - someone who is good enough to drag the others up a level. Henderson is not that man. 

If we get a decent offer for him I could see us selling. But I don't want anyone to pull our pants down and try it on with a 10M offer or something silly like that, as he is a good player, and there are extenuating circumstances as to why this season has been below par. 

• Upvote 1

Brilliant first half that. Quieten the crowd, stay organised, and hit them on the break. They look very fragile at the back. We've worked hard at the front to keep them on their toes. Henderson has run alongside a lot of their players today. Can has been none existent. Sakho and Lovren having to work very hard with no protection. Sakho in particular has been excellent. Milner working hard in the absence of anyone else in the mf. Origi, apart from his goal, has worked really hard, as has Lallana. It's all going more or less to plan, but can we continue to hang on with no central midfield?

Transcendent.

That incident on 80 minutes summed the dumb fuck up.

Wild challenge on Dortmund's goal-line, lucky to get away with a yellow which would have seen him suspended for the second leg. Dortmund break forward quickly and dumb cunt Moreno nowhere to be seen. Probably on the Half Way line mumbling obscenities to the ref. 

We should put that cunt on E-Bay in the summer. 

He went up to press the right back or right midfielder and they moved the ball and played it into the left back space.

it happens a lot but he must be doing what he's asked. if someone has the ball near you and you're not marking go and press. otherwise he wouldn't be in the team.

• Upvote 1

I want to be fair to Henderson. He's been below his best this year but he's played through a heel injury, missed a chunk of the action, and since then has been trying to find some sort of consistency again. Unfortunately he has been some way below his best. 

I could go either way on Henderson for the future. He will be better next season if he's still here, I'm certain of that. But on the other hand, I think we need an imperious player in there to start to boss the midfield for us - someone who is good enough to drag the others up a level. Henderson is not that man. 

If we get a decent offer for him I could see us selling. But I don't want anyone to pull our pants down and try it on with a 10M offer or something silly like that, as he is a good player, and there are extenuating circumstances as to why this season has been below par. 

he was dreadful in that first half. I like Henderson probably more than most but he did nothing but give the ball away. could be a bad injury the way klopp was talking.

can on the other hand is fast becoming my favourite player. a quality DM alongside him and that team is transformed.

Guest Pistonbroke

One last thing, that Rendition of YNWA before KO from both sets of fans brought a lump to my throat, UK opposing fans are a bunch of cunts when it comes to sport, they should look and listen to that and be ashamed. 

One last thing, that Rendition of YNWA before KO from both sets of fans brought a lump to my throat, UK opposing fans are a bunch of cunts when it comes to sport, they should look and listen to that and be ashamed. 

Fucking boss wasn't it, worth posting again.

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke

He went up to press the right back or right midfielder and they moved the ball and played it into the left back space.

it happens a lot but he must be doing what he's asked. if someone has the ball near you and you're not marking go and press. otherwise he wouldn't be in the team.

OK, we'll forget the 10 seconds he stood around whining about the decision instead of trying to get back.... He's an utter cunt and one shite footballer. 

Good post in full.

If someone gives us 25m and Klopp can turn that into Goretzka or most of Xhaka or someone like that, I'm fine with it.  Henderson is a good player, and in 2014 was a great player for a little while, so he's clearly capable of it.  I don't know whether it's the injury or what has hampered him this season but he's been operating at about 80% of that level for a solid year now.

Put a top midfielder next to Can and our team is transformed.  Totally transformed.  If a player at Xhaka's level were there, I think we'd be certs for top 4 next season.  Gundogan and a goalkeeper and we could compete to win the league.  It would make that much of a difference, at least in my opinion.

Guest Pistonbroke

Fucking boss wasn't it, worth posting again.

It is things like that which restore my faith in mankind mate. LFC is one of the major clubs in the UK who concentrate on supporting their own team rather than sing shite about the opposition. In Germany the majority of teams act in the same way. When you have to listen to the tedious shite sung by the English teams  it shows what a bunch of cunts your average fan is over there. 

In Henderson's defence, it sounds like he's been playing with that heel injury all season.

He's a busy drone, not a leader of men. Still capable of playing an important role for us, though, if we bring in the right players. And no harm at all for him and us if he now misses the Euros.

• Upvote 1

Henderson gets some unjust shite on here compared to other non entities in midfield.  Can was just as shite first half and second half we parked the bus with neither Allen nor Can doing anything Lee Cattermole couldn't.

They're all much the same.

Guest Pistonbroke

Is it just myself who thinks Sturridge was dropped due to his attitude when being subbed against Spurs?

Klopp went to offer his hand and DS just basically shrugged it off in a petulant manner. He also looked half arsed most of the game.

Reckon Klopp is planning for next season without him, just depends on any half decent offer which may materialise. 

2015/2016

1.0 - points per game without Henderson

1.9 - points per game with Henderson

How much of that has been down to Klopp managing the team instead of Rodgers though? Henderson was out for pretty much all of the games under Rodgers and we were always going to improve under Klopp.

Guest Pistonbroke

Klopp sounded pretty frustrated about Henderson's latest injury. Either because he sees him as an important part of his plan or he wanted to offload him for decent money in the summer. 

Henderson has been pretty mediocre this season but he always puts the effort in even when playing through an injury, so my money is on him being part of Klopp's future plans. 

How much of that has been down to Klopp managing the team instead of Rodgers though? Henderson was out for pretty much all of the games under Rodgers and we were always going to improve under Klopp.

He had 3 points per game for Rodgers, and missed, or not played in, more Klopp matches.