You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Garth Crooks Wisdom Thread

3 Stacks

On 04/01/2022 at 13:05, Manny said:

He's clearly the BBC's ultimate clickbait merchant. Every week he puts together a team of the week with at least one "fucking hell" shout in there - then it's shared all over Twitter with people going "fucking hell".

Exactly.

He is a moron but he is a useful moron to them at the BBC. The best way to punish the clickbaiting is to stop sharing those links and going "fucking hell, have you seen what Crooks said again?". 

• 9 months later...

Mohamed Salah (Liverpool)

You couldn't take your eyes off the Liverpool-Man City match and it was Mohamed Salah at his best. He scored a hat-trick in midweek in the Champions League against Rangers and so was in the mood against City.

It was schoolboy marking by Joao Cancelo that allowed Salah in on goal but you have to ask the question why weren't Manuel Akanji or Ruben Dias marking the Egyptian? Once Salah was one-on-one with Ederson the game was over. A great game of football refereed brilliantly by Anthony Taylor.

Never change Garth 

7 minutes ago, Wezza said:

You couldn't take your eyes off the Liverpool-Man City match and it was Mohamed Salah at his best. He scored a hat-trick in midweek in the Champions League against Rangers and so was in the mood against City.

It was schoolboy marking by Joao Cancelo that allowed Salah in on goal but you have to ask the question why weren't Manuel Akanji or Ruben Dias marking the Egyptian? Once Salah was one-on-one with Ederson the game was over. A great game of football refereed brilliantly by Anthony Taylor.

Never change Garth 

He was quite grounded until his last sentence. Without going back to the referee yet again though,I have to add that he was poor for both sides too and that is why I,as a referee myself,call out his performance yesterday.

28 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He was quite grounded until his last sentence. Without going back to the referee yet again though,I have to add that he was poor for both sides too and that is why I,as a referee myself,call out his performance yesterday.

Yes, it was the ref but I was alluding too. Sometimes wonder what lens people watch games through. 

57 minutes ago, Wezza said:

Never change Garth 

Fucking hell. 

• 6 months later...
8 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I’d take it, line them up with Hendo for the full England World Cup midfield experience.

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

Get rid of Jurgen and give it Southgateh till the end of the season.

We could play the National Anthem before every home game.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The boggle eyed Spurs twats latest take:

"Mohamed Salah (Liverpool): The incentive for Liverpool to beat Newcastle was abundantly clear. Liverpool would go clear at the top of the table and almost without anybody noticing. On the night Liverpool were awarded two penalties. The contact made on the two strikers involved, in separate incidents, was insufficient to bring either player down but both Luis Diaz and Diogo Jota both went to ground on their own volition. Jota going down having taken two steps after the contact was made.

Twenty years ago you had to be assaulted in the box to get a penalty - now you only need to act like a dying swan.

Nevertheless Salah was the difference between the two teams. He scored a goal in open play, missed a penalty, scored a penalty and was involved in two assists.

I said after their match against Burnley on Boxing Day that Liverpool will never have a better opportunity to win the title and must before Salah is tempted away into the Saudi Arabia sunset."

He's an absolute fucking lunatic.

7 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

"Mohamed Salah (Liverpool): The incentive for Liverpool to beat Newcastle was abundantly clear. Liverpool would go clear at the top of the table and almost without anybody noticing. On the night Liverpool were awarded two penalties. The contact made on the two strikers involved, in separate incidents, was insufficient to bring either player down but both Luis Diaz and Diogo Jota both went to ground on their own volition. Jota going down having taken two steps after the contact was made.

Twenty years ago you had to be assaulted in the box to get a penalty - now you only need to act like a dying swan.

Nevertheless Salah was the difference between the two teams. He scored a goal in open play, missed a penalty, scored a penalty and was involved in two assists.

I said after their match against Burnley on Boxing Day that Liverpool will never have a better opportunity to win the title and must before Salah is tempted away into the Saudi Arabia sunset."

From 20 years ago...

Has Crooks ever been right about anything?

8 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I just came here to post the exact same thing. The bloke is not only a buffoon but a cunt. In all likelihood too fucking stupid to realise that we get the shitty end of the stick from PGMOL as it is without helping them further by peddling this fucking nonsense. What an absolute wankstain of a man he is.