You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Garth Crooks Wisdom Thread

3 Stacks

On 21/11/2021 at 22:42, Creator Supreme said:

Nookie's latest bollocks:

"

Sadio Mane: So it's like that then, is it Jurgen Klopp? I wondered what the touchline row was about with Mikel Arteta. It was clear from Klopp's post-match interview that he thought that Sadio Mane's challenge on Takehiro Tomiyasu was fair, but boy did he use the ensuing confrontation with Arteta to fuel the Anfield crowd.

Liverpool were struggling until that moment and the only mistake Arteta made was getting involved with Klopp in the first place. The row ignited the crowd and Klopp knew it would. Mane, the architect of the incident with Tomiyasu, also took advantage of Anfield's rise in temperature with a well-taken goal and a glorious assist. But it was Klopp who was the villain here, not Arteta."

He sounds like a first year in high school trying to sound dead ever. Fucking idiot.

On 21/11/2021 at 22:42, Creator Supreme said:

Nookie's latest bollocks:

"

Sadio Mane: So it's like that then, is it Jurgen Klopp? I wondered what the touchline row was about with Mikel Arteta. It was clear from Klopp's post-match interview that he thought that Sadio Mane's challenge on Takehiro Tomiyasu was fair, but boy did he use the ensuing confrontation with Arteta to fuel the Anfield crowd.

Liverpool were struggling until that moment and the only mistake Arteta made was getting involved with Klopp in the first place. The row ignited the crowd and Klopp knew it would. Mane, the architect of the incident with Tomiyasu, also took advantage of Anfield's rise in temperature with a well-taken goal and a glorious assist. But it was Klopp who was the villain here, not Arteta."

0ADA9890-B574-4A1C-AF3E-7391865F2A9A.gif

• Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

To be honest, it's best not to take any notice of Garth as he's a bit of a bellend. Instead, don't make eye contact and walk right past him whilst pretending to be on your phone. Him missing Mo out on some inconsequential list makes not one iota of difference in the grand (or even tiny) scheme of things and should be dismissed as such, like belly button fluff or a stray sweet wrapper.

52 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

His team of the week comments about Mane and Mo are classic. 

Mohamed Salah: I heard my non-selection of Mohamed Salah in my team of the year got one or two a little hot under the collar. Well, I make no apologies for that. Salah made my team of the season but crudely chased the Golden Boot award.

His selfishness had a negative effect on Sadio Mane in particular and, in my view, had an adverse effect on Liverpool's campaign last season - a point I made at the time.

This season Salah looks like a team player again and his goals are coming naturally. He is no longer looking for cheap penalties and is back to the player he was the season Liverpool won the title, and that's why he makes my team of the week.

Sadio Mane: I must say I'm not entirely sure Mane should have remained on the field after his challenge on Cesar Azpilicueta but I'm delighted he did. The Senegal international was booked for the foul but managed to behave himself for the rest of the game and made a significant contribution to a classic football match.

Mane is a tough player but an honest one too. Quite often referees have to assess the character of a player when he's not sure if the offence was deliberate or not and in Mane's case his honesty seems to provide him with the benefit of the doubt.

Laughed at the bolded bit.