You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Garth Crooks Wisdom Thread

3 Stacks

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

What year was this for?

Alisson

Trent

Mings

VvD

Robbo

Hendo

Grealish

Fernandes

Mane

Calvert-Lewin

Son

Wouldn't agree personally with Calvert-Lewin but think that is a decent effort spanning the two half-seasons. As for the omissions I dont think KDB has been anywhere near his usual standard and while I would have Mo for Calvert-Lewin it is certainly arguable and Mings is also a reasonable shout with the lack of other viable contenders over the year in question.

3 hours ago, sir roger said:

Alisson

Trent

Mings

VvD

Robbo

Hendo

Grealish

Fernandes

Mane

Calvert-Lewin

Son

Wouldn't agree personally with Calvert-Lewin but think that is a decent effort spanning the two half-seasons. As for the omissions I dont think KDB has been anywhere near his usual standard and while I would have Mo for Calvert-Lewin it is certainly arguable and Mings is also a reasonable shout with the lack of other viable contenders over the year in question.

You do realise he didn’t include Virgil?

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Fucking loony. 

Jordan Henderson: Have Liverpool lost their mind? They have allowed Georginio Wijnaldum to leave Anfield and surely they can't be contemplating the same thing happening with Henderson.

The Liverpool captain was back in the side against Burnley and dictating play in the middle of the park like Andre Previn used to conduct the London Symphony Orchestra. Henderson was at his commanding best.

As for Jurgen Klopp complaining about the game going back 10-15 years and calling on the Premier League to protect players by rethinking the rule changes, is he serious? The concern for the health and safety of players has never been higher.

I started this thread because I found his general lack of intelligence funny, especially in his team of the week columns, but none of it is really entertaining anymore. He's just an idiot who says ridiculous shit. And worst of all, he comes across as if he has no idea that he's an idiot. 

• 2 months later...

Nookie's latest bollocks:

"

Sadio Mane: So it's like that then, is it Jurgen Klopp? I wondered what the touchline row was about with Mikel Arteta. It was clear from Klopp's post-match interview that he thought that Sadio Mane's challenge on Takehiro Tomiyasu was fair, but boy did he use the ensuing confrontation with Arteta to fuel the Anfield crowd.

Liverpool were struggling until that moment and the only mistake Arteta made was getting involved with Klopp in the first place. The row ignited the crowd and Klopp knew it would. Mane, the architect of the incident with Tomiyasu, also took advantage of Anfield's rise in temperature with a well-taken goal and a glorious assist. But it was Klopp who was the villain here, not Arteta."

On 23/08/2021 at 18:03, 3 Stacks said:

I started this thread because I found his general lack of intelligence funny, especially in his team of the week columns, but none of it is really entertaining anymore. He's just an idiot who says ridiculous shit. And worst of all, he comes across as if he has no idea that he's an idiot. 

Idiocy has a fine line, you only have to look on here fella.