You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Garth Crooks Wisdom Thread

3 Stacks

1 hour ago, Jairzinho said:

I suppose I wanted to avoid this conclusion.

But even if that were the aim, could they not have chosen...well, literally anyone else that ticked the same box?

Nah I don't think it's a diversity thing, it's because of stuff like  this - he gets people talking with his bonkers claims. I quite like that though to be fair, the alternative is the Leon Osmonification of punditry. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nah I don't think it's a diversity thing, it's because of stuff like  this - he gets people talking with his bonkers claims. I quite like that though to be fair, the alternative is the Leon Osmonification of punditry. 

Would another alternative not be, to hire someone who's not a jamook?

13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah, I think it's ace. Almost all of the BBC pundits are painfully dull.

I'd let him commentate on the next game the BBC have.

3 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Yeah, I think it's ace. Almost all of the BBC pundits are painfully dull.

I'd let him commentate on the next game the BBC have.

Can you imagine Jermaine Jenas's team of the week? 

"Study performance at the back" 

"Promising youngster who still has a lot to learn" 

"Wing wizard" 

It's be cliche Scrabble. 

Crooks has to be reminded twice a week that Patrick Vieira is no longer playing. 

He used to amuse me more, a couple years back. I'm kind of annoyed he has a job now. Is there an editor that looks at his articles, or do they just say: "we dare not revise his work, so as to not possibly quell Crooksy's genius"? Like, how does the Matip thing happen? How does someone not tell him? I bet the BBC people think he's a loose cannon.