You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres

Bjornebye

I loved him, was gutted when he left and was happy his career went down the pan. Have mellowed now and wish him the best, applauded him at the Gerrard game. Still iss the song, in my opinion it was one of our best, loved it, the bounce and all

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was working off Thailand showed an Aus Man U supporter his goals for LFC compilation. He was impressed , I said take a copy for your son, he replied, no way will he be supporting LFC and I know if he see that he will ! Terrific player for us.

• 1 month later...

As well as being physically shot, Chelsea could never figure out how to get the best out of him. I think our counter-attacking style under Rafa suited him perfectly. 

Yeah, which Rafa knew perfectly well - I've said before I was at the Europa League final when Chelsea won (won tickets and was celebrating a mate's brithday in Amsterdam).

Torres' goal was like a depressing glance into the past, played quickly from the back to Torres, allowing him to isolate and beat a defender before mugging the keeper as well.

Not that any of the Chelsea goons could appreciate what Benitez knew...

He might not have ended up crying if he'd actually put a shift in. He was absolutely garbage all night, just walking round during some parts of the game.

Also I hate centre forwards not taking penalties in a shoot out. It's your job to score goals, take a fucking pen!

Gerrard and Torres was as good a partnership as you'll find in recent English football history. I think injuries meant they didn't play too often together, but when they did it was frightening how destructive they were.

• Upvote 1

I don't hate Torres as he left his boyhood club to join us for cl football and it wasn't a shock to me when he left us when we were shit.His comments after he left was the problem for me but I believe him when he says he regrets what happened.

No sympathy from me though for not winning the cl, he didn't mind celebrating when our title challenge collapsed and he was happy to leave us in the lurch leaving when he did.