You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bullshit stories about players

littletedwest

I know we have a thread about definitely true stories about football players.and they are all true but what bullshit stories have you heard?

When I was 16 every Manchester United fan I knew said that roy keane was well hard, so hard he boxed professionaly, of course now the Internet cuts that down a bit.

I also know that some taxi drivers of a certain team know it all , any additions?

• Upvote 1

Some Evertonian in my old local said he had a film of Ronnie Whelan, Steve mcmahon and Steve Nicol sitting in a pub snorting coke. He never managed to show anyone the video even about 6 or 7 years after they stopped playing for liverpool

It's obligatory that every single Liverpool player has definitely, absolutely, no-word-of-a-lie, swear-down, been spotted snorting coke.

Some Evertonian in my old local said he had a film of Ronnie Whelan, Steve mcmahon and Steve Nicol sitting in a pub snorting coke. He never managed to show anyone the video even about 6 or 7 years after they stopped playing for liverpool

Ha ha brilliant. I knew you'd have some great ones!

Duncan Fergus on used to drink in the Pacific pub in Bootle and used to get wasted there on his days off.

On one occasion he helped the landlady of the pub move the barrels into the cellar whilst he was recovering from a hernia operation. The landlady wouldn't open up until one of the barmen turned up as the barrels were too heavy for her to move. So in order to get a drink Big Dunc moved them. Why he was drinking in a rougharse pub in Bootle when he lived out by Ormskirk has never been explained.

In them days camcorders were size of tanks. Must have been wasted miss that.

Duncan Fergus on used to drink in the Pacific pub in Bootle and used to get wasted there on his days off.

On one occasion he helped the landlady of the pub move the barrels into the cellar whilst he was recovering from a hernia operation. The landlady wouldn't open up until one of the barmen turned up as the barrels were too heavy for her to move. So in order to get a drink Big Dunc moved them. Why he was drinking in a rougharse pub in Bootle when he lived out by Ormskirk has never been explained.

Maybe he's got the same homing instincts as his pigeons.

A certain ex Liverpool player when getting his first sponsorship had his arl fella selling a certain brand of clothing he got free in pubs within pissing distance of Anfield.

Two other Liverpool legends noted for their drinking exploits were seperated because of it apparently and one was sold. Both had good careers. Maybe it was just an excuse used to sell one but they both were heavy on the sauce, and one still is, regular in town.

All 3 were top players.

I got told he lived in formby and was a regular in one of the watering holes or I may be mistaking him for razor.