You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton 3 Liverpool 2 (Mar 20 2016)

tlw content

southamptonreport3.jpg

A not so wise man once said: “There's an old saying in Tennessee that says, fool me once, shame on.... shame on you. Fool me.... you can't get fooled again.” He wasn't referring to the Reds but he may as well have been, as these knobheads fooled me again. How could I let this happen? At half time I was ready to jump right back on board the top four train. 45 minutes later I’m not sure whether I was more pissed off with them for shitting the bed or with myself for not seeing it coming.

This team still can’t be trusted, I've said it for months but I ignored my own warnings and the moment I let my guard down they kicked me right in the balls. Again. That’s why it took 86 minutes for me to be able to relax against the Mancs the other night even though they’d have had to score three without reply to beat us. We just can’t trust this group of players. I wish we could, but we can’t.

The worst thing is that at half time I sent a text to a mate saying “starting to look like a real team now aren’t we?”. Then they go and spring that second half on us. They’re still the same unreliable, inconsistent, untrustworthy bunch they were a month ago when they threw away a 2-0 lead at home to fucking Sunderland. We should probably be grateful they didn’t fold against the Mancs the other night really, as it can happen at any time with this lot.

I’m not going to pin this just on the players though, and although he’s the easy target I’m not just pointing the finger at Skrtel either, even if he was the obvious difference between first and second half performances. He didn’t decide to put himself on for Lovren at half time though, that was all Kloppo’s doing. That change killed us, although it doesn’t excuse the way the rest of the team just strolled out there thinking the game was over. Skrtel unsettled the defence but he wasn’t the reason we stopped attacking.

That said though, just what the hell was Klopp thinking? Lovren was on a yellow and yes, there was a chance he’d be sent off by a ref looking to make up for not giving a penalty in the first half. I understand the reason for taking him off even if I don’t agree with it. What I just can’t be doing with though is Skrtel getting the nod over poor old Kolo. That was as unfair as it was unwise. Toure’s form recently has been brilliant. Not ok. Not good. Brilliant. He hasn’t put a foot wrong in months. Even being left out for Sakho and Lovren was maybe a bit harsh on him, but for Skrtel to just come waltzing past him into the team is just a slap in the face.

What exactly has Skrtel done to deserve that vote of confidence? The last time we saw him in the first team he was being embarrassed and bullied by Troy Deeney. In midweek he basically cost the under 21s a cup final place by getting himself sent off for two yellow cards, and yet here he is being brought on ahead of Kolo. The only thing I can think of is that Klopp is still assessing his players and wants to have more of a look at Skrtel before deciding on if he has a future.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month. 

They were saying on MOTD last night that we'd dropped more points from winning positions this season than any other team - 15. Eleven of those since Klopp took over. Just a few more points and we'd be right in the mix for 4th place against West Ham, a Manchester City team who look absolutely terrible a the moment and United who have looked terrible pretty much all season. So frustrating. 

You can hardly expect a team to go a whole season without losing a lead a few times and to be fair we have also gained a fair few points from late goals too but 15 is way too many. This game and  the Sunderland ones are the real stand out ones though as they really were in the bag and we just threw them away.

It certainly feels like the league season is over now. Just the Europa League left to play for. Then hopefully a summer where we finally get our transfers right and sort ourselves out. I'm not entirely sure who will be leaving but it does certainly look like this game might have pretty much made up Klopp's mind to ship Skrtel out.

How anybody could honestly believe this shower were gonna be on for top 4 is beyond me.

As soon as they get close to even that level of achievement (it is hardly glorious is it) their arses collapse and they shit spectacularly all down their legs.

Bottlers and shithouses of the very worst kind and we all know they are....some are in denial and maybe some are deluded but honest to fucking god have a word with yourself if you beleived for one moment this shower weren't gonna put in a capitualtion like that yesterday at some stage.

They'll do it again as well if they get close again - that or just an abject no show.

• Upvote 3

How anybody could honestly believe this shower were gonna be on for top 4 is beyond me.

As soon as they get close to even that level of achievement (it is hardly glorious is it) their arses collapse and they shit spectacularly all down their legs.

Bottlers and shithouses of the very worst kind and we all know they are....some are in denial and maybe some are deluded but honest to fucking god have a word with yourself if you beleived for one moment this shower weren't gonna put in a capitualtion like that yesterday at some stage.

They'll do it again as well if they get close again - that or just an abject no show.

One or two wilting showponies is fine as long as they have some ability and are backed up by real men with a massive pair for when the heat is turned on. A whole XI is not.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

I'm starting to hate the sight of Mane now. Apparently he hadn't scored in the Premier League since the 1-1 game at Anfield earlier in the season (TWENTY games ago). He also got Southampton's goal in our 6-1 win in the cup. And yesterday he decided to turn into a world beater for 45 minutes to sink us again. That's five league points he's deducted from us this season.

That makes he think he is one of those shit players who's only good whenever he plays us. Like Dwight Gayle, or Peter Odemwingie when he was at West Brom. Watch Mane throw in stinkers against our rivals and teams around us when we need him to be good as he saves all his firepower for us.

• Upvote 2

Spot on (pardon the pun ) with the pen decision Dave concerning Lovren and Long in your report .He deffo holds his run and waits for Lovren to collide with him . Very harsh on that Allen offside goal as well because Sturridge was technically offside for Couts 1st goal as well and that was allowed to stand .A bit of consistency wouldnt go amiss .Also before their 1st goal a corner should have been given after a fantastic save by the Ming from Romeu and the ref awarded a goal kick for us .Now anytime the opposing team doesnt score from that kind of decision im not bothered in the slightest but because they scored directly afterwards im feeling very aggrieved .And finally does anyone agree with me that Skrtel was absolutely bulldozed over by Ward-Prowse (tory sounding fucker) leading up to their 3rd goal and only hindered a little by Allen .Talking of Allen he should have buried that chance 1st half and that scuff of a shot by Benteke was a joke .Definitely Klopp should of replaced Lovren with Toure(if at all ? ) and he should of put Hendo on after they missed a pen instead of Benteke as they were building momentum and we were being overrun in midfield and it cost us in the end!!!!!

I'm starting to hate the sight of Mane now. Apparently he hadn't scored in the Premier League since the 1-1 game at Anfield earlier in the season (TWENTY games ago). He also got Southampton's goal in our 6-1 win in the cup. And yesterday he decided to turn into a world beater for 45 minutes to sink us again. That's five league points he's deducted from us this season.

That makes he think he is one of those shit players who's only good whenever he plays us. Like Dwight Gayle, or Peter Odemwingie when he was at West Brom. Watch Mane throw in stinkers against our rivals and teams around us when we need him to be good as he saves all his firepower for us.

Agreed. Sign him up for 60M.

• Upvote 1

Interview I saw had klopp not wanting to discuss 4th place but the fucking interviewer kept on so he said 'You do the maths. 9 games is 27 points so its mathematically possible.

The beauty of hindsight is you can say he should have made this or that sub late on. He went for broke and thanks in part to that perenial shite benteke, we're counting the cost of yet another of his missed chances.

But hey, Ive calmed down from yesterday. Cant wait for season end and for some of these shites to be shipped out.

Had a good view from where I was of Sturridge not going for the ball to the right of goal , one which he could of got to and maybe scored , so you have to think he's being mindful of injury or something. Also that Benteke miss was awful along with Mignolets clearance leading to their third.

Should of sealed in first half though saying that even if we got a third it would of been possible for them to still come back because of our 2nd half display , Koeman got his substitutions right , so it was a bastard to let that slip away as I think Spurs are next up and it doesn't give much hope for that.

The mate is going to Dortmund as well , hope it's a good occasion and a result which would be a surprise. All I hope for is we finish above Southampton as I've money on it with people here so I'd just be happy with that as gave up on season some time ago , roll on the summer and the changes that needed.

I'm unsure what will happen next season because Klopp will want a proper pre season to get them fit to play his football, but there's an international tournament happening, so...?

£50m can win this league, you need solidity at the back and pace up front, and midfielders filling the gaps. Just bewildered to hear about moves for Gotze, how does he fit into a team like that?

We need a keeper, first priority.

I'm unsure what will happen next season because Klopp will want a proper pre season to get them fit to play his football, but there's an international tournament happening, so...?

£50m can win this league, you need solidity at the back and pace up front, and midfielders filling the gaps. Just bewildered to hear about moves for Gotze, how does he fit into a team like that?

To be honest I'm not bothered what we win or whether we win anything at all, I just want players I can be proud of again, either because they've got a modicum of skill, or some balls, but preferably both. As quite a few on here have said, I' don't have a favourite Liverpool player any more - that says it all.