You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Ships and Boats Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

American aircraft carriers are awesome. They're like something out of Star Wars. 

800px-navy-norfolk-virginia.jpg

I was talking to a yank sailor when one of them docked (a mile off as well) Portsmouth and he said it's like a floating city. They have armed guards on different parts of the ship keeping for example the puerto ricans away from the mexicans. Mental. 

They don't fuck about though the yanks. I went on this for a BBQ on the flight-deck and a look around in Plymouth. 

1473271.jpg

The USS Winston Churchill. It had more Tomahawk missiles on it the the whole of the Royal Navy fleet. They had an ice cream parlour, slush puppy machines and everything was very hi-tech. It was like walking around a spaceship at points. I had to laugh when we had a toaster in our galley if anyone fancied a snack between meals. 

No-one bummed me. And I did no bumming. I did try chewing tobacco though and it is fucking disgusting. 

the-camber-part-of-old-portsmouth-harbou

The Camber in Old Portsmouth. One of my favourite spots. Some really old fishing boats and nice old pubs. They have just built a big Ben Ainslie sailing thing there which has taken a bit of the vintage from it but its lovely all the same. 

I was talking to a yank sailor when one of them docked (a mile off as well) Portsmouth and he said it's like a floating city. They have armed guards on different parts of the ship keeping for example the puerto ricans away from the mexicans. Mental.

They don't fuck about though the yanks. I went on this for a BBQ on the flight-deck and a look around in Plymouth.

Posted Image

The USS Winston Churchill. It had more Tomahawk missiles on it the the whole of the Royal Navy fleet. They had an ice cream parlour, slush puppy machines and everything was very hi-tech. It was like walking around a spaceship at points. I had to laugh when we had a toaster in our galley if anyone fancied a snack between meals.

No-one bummed me. And I did no bumming. I did try chewing tobacco though and it is fucking disgusting.

Yeah my uncle was in the Royal Navy and had a stint on a US carrier. He said they were racially segregated and the postman had an armed guard in case he got mugged. Apparently the us military is second only to prisons as a recruiting ground for gangs.

I actually wanted to be in the Navy because of my uncle but wanted to go to uni first and go straight in as an officer, but the wren petty officer in the careers place said I'd struggle to do so because of my accent. Good times.

I have also heard that the us navy is racially segregated.

And this country is supposed to be the world's 'peacekeepers.'

The fuckers dehumanise their own troops.

Its always surprised me when non white Americans have signed up to the military or even the Police force given how they are generally treated and viewed by those institutions.

And this country is supposed to be the world's 'peacekeepers.'

The fuckers dehumanise their own troops.

Its always surprised me when non white Americans have signed up to the military or even the Police force given how they are generally treated and viewed by those institutions.

34f4f81b85c8de3d973db3c157d9ba93.1000x75

• Upvote 1

Yeah my uncle was in the Royal Navy and had a stint on a US carrier. He said they were racially segregated and the postman had an armed guard in case he got mugged. Apparently the us military is second only to prisons as a recruiting ground for gangs.

I actually wanted to be in the Navy because of my uncle but wanted to go to uni first and go straight in as an officer, but the wren petty officer in the careers place said I'd struggle to do so because of my accent. Good times.

I had a mate in the merchant navy who went on a US carrier and he said the same, there were no go areas for officers.

Also had a mate who worked in personnel for the MOD and he worked on loads of cases of blokes in the navy getting booted out for bumming. He even had blokes phoning him up asking to be transferred to the same ship as their boyfriend all whilst having a wife and family on dry land.

Stig?

I had a mate in the merchant navy who went on a US carrier and he said the same, there were no go areas for officers.

Also had a mate who worked in personnel for the MOD and he worked on loads of cases of blokes in the navy getting booted out for bumming. He even had blokes phoning him up asking to be transferred to the same ship as their boyfriend all whilst having a wife and family on dry land.

Stig?

I can't recall any gay lads when I served. I'm sure there were but I ws never aware of any. Mind you, who gives a fuck anyway? Most of the wren's looked like fellas as it was. I went through loads of wren's. aah wren's. 

Fuck this. 

In the Navy was superior to YMCA in my opinion.

Over to you Stig....

Or are you more a Frankie Goes To Hollywood fella?

I was always told by my mum that 99 red balloons was number 1 when I was born. Imagine my delight when I noticed that it was actually Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. 

I was always told by my mum that 99 red balloons was number 1 when I was born. Imagine my delight when I noticed that it was actually Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood. 

They can lie about the circumstances of your birth, but the force is calling out to you ... it is your destiny. 

• Upvote 1