You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Southampton (a)

Hand Shandy

Let's keep it going. If we can play with the same intensity that saw us dump Man Utd out of Europe, we can claim all three points. We are starting to show signs of becoming a half decent side, which, strangely, makes me nervous. 

We have a long history of dropping a clanger at moments like this. 

Now it's all about the character and mentality to win. We have the players to beat Southampton, even though they are a decent team themselves. But if we have one of those days that we all know and fear too well, we will come unstuck. 

I'm predicting we will keep marching on. 3-1 to Liverpool. And hopefully we will see Origi and Sturridge both play, as they will complement one another and give Southampton all sorts of problems if they do. 

I'd like to see Origi start, but out of coutinho, firmino and sturridge, its the latter who would have to make way. If cou could be played a bit further back we could fit them all in.

--------------------------------------- Migs ----------------------------------------

Clyne-------------------Lovren---------------Sakho----------Milner/Moreno

---------------------------Can---------------Henderson---------------------------

------------------------------------Coutinho-------------------------------------------

Origi--------------------------------Studge-----------------------------Firmino

I've always preferred Coutinho centrally anyway (despite quite a few goals coming from out left). He can dictate play a bit more and play our strikers in.

Alberto Moreno will have a second scan today on the hamstring problem that kept him out of Thursday’s Europa League tie at Manchester United. A first scan on Wednesday showed no injury but the Spanish defender “felt pain and we couldn’t take a risk”, said Klopp, who will await Friday’s assessment before finalising his squad for Sunday’s game at Southampton.

Respect.The.Pain, Albert, lad. In fact, this calls for at least 2 Daniel Sturridge Units - (n.b. 1 DSU = 7 weeks in human time.

Let's keep it going. If we can play with the same intensity that saw us dump Man Utd out of Europe, we can claim all three points. We are starting to show signs of becoming a half decent side, which, strangely, makes me nervous.

We have a long history of dropping a clanger at moments like this.

Now it's all about the character and mentality to win. We have the players to beat Southampton, even though they are a decent team themselves. But if we have one of those days that we all know and fear too well, we will come unstuck.

I'm predicting we will keep marching on. 3-1 to Liverpool. And hopefully we will see Origi and Sturridge both play, as they will complement one another and give Southampton all sorts of problems if they do.

I'm sorry Mr R but the way that it is at the moment,I can't see Sturridge ever giving him the ball.

I'd like to see Origi start, but out of coutinho, firmino and sturridge, its the latter who would have to make way. If cou could be played a bit further back we could fit them all in.

--------------------------------------- Migs ----------------------------------------

Clyne-------------------Lovren---------------Sakho----------Milner/Moreno

---------------------------Can---------------Henderson---------------------------

------------------------------------Coutinho-------------------------------------------

Origi--------------------------------Studge-----------------------------Firmino

I've always preferred Coutinho centrally anyway (despite quite a few goals coming from out left). He can dictate play a bit more and play our strikers in.

Take henderson out, he does little and offers less, move others around to suit.

Weak and invisible, or give firmino 20 minutes, if he isnt mentioned after that, then take him out of it.

Dont get me wrong, on his day, he is something else, but too often goes missing.

Three up front? really? Get Ibe in the mid on a flank, and get flanno back in the mix, sorted.

Sturridge has suddenly got back into his lazy chavski attiude, if he can get out of that, then keep him in.

Why? Because Henderson is playing like a shit ghost and Allen has earned a place in the starting line up.

Not saying you're wrong, I'd be careful about changing it though.

Hendo and Can have a good understanding about when one goes forward with the other covering.