You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd - Europa League (a)

Hand Shandy

A tiny minority sing Munich, and not the lads with the banner. Yet the whole of OT can sing Murderers and you killed your own fans and get away with it.

Moral of the story it doesn't matter what you sing just how many sing it.

Uefa corrupt banner for the next game methinks.

Odious fucking cunts.

A tiny minority sing Munich, and not the lads with the banner. Yet the whole of OT can sing Murderers and you killed your own fans and get away with it.

Moral of the story it doesn't matter what you sing just how many sing it.

Uefa corrupt banner for the next game methinks.

Odious fucking cunts.

nobody should be singing any of those songs.

• Upvote 3

The mancs have always been a well oiled marketing machine and politically influential at the top levels of football. That's why they get away with things other clubs don't. It was only a couple of years ago the head of the FA was saying a struggling man u was 'bad for English football', that's what you're dealing with.

• Upvote 3

Exactly

Saying only a few sing about Munich is an excuse. What the fuck is anyone doing singing about Munich. I doubt any of the fucking idiots that did it were even alive when the plane crashed. Are these people so fucking dim not to see that not responding in kind is the answer. The perception is now among most people now is that the clubs are just as bad as each other.  

Exactly

Saying only a few sing about Munich is an excuse. What the fuck is anyone doing singing about Munich. I doubt any of the fucking idiots that did it were even alive when the plane crashed. Are these people so fucking dim not to see that not responding in kind is the answer. The perception is now among most people now is that the clubs are just as bad as each other.

I was ten years old when that plane went down and the whole country was saddened by it,Busby was one of our boys,and everyone wanted them to win that final.I just don't understand this constant hatred,in those days we were all working class lads and good wages and conditions are what we fought for.It was around that time that I first went to the match on a Saturday,(second division then lads)and over the years I've seen the attitudes change.I must say that in my opinion Ferguson constantly fuelled this ill feeling,and almost set the agenda of what we have today.The thuggery and violence of the late 70s and 80s saddened me the most,instead of fighting Thatcher we were fighting each other.Devide and conquer I suppose.Sorry for going on but it's got it of me chest.
  • Upvote 11

I have to go to Manchester next week for work and the wife and kids are coming with me to meet up with a pal who lives in Leeds. Im there for a few days and have meetings so they have to occupy themselves.

The family from leeds has three young lads 5-8 yr old all United fans and they have arranged a Old Trafford stadium tour on the day they meet up. My lot are going with them.

I have had numerous apologies from my kids that they dont want to go and will do the 5 sign at every available opportunity.

My youngest said to me to think of it like Luke Skywalker getting a guided tour of the death star before he refuses to join the Dark Side and blows it up.

I'm still concerned however.

Never underestimate the power of the Dark Side.

• Upvote 1

Exactly

Spot on. We don't sing about Munich in great numbers anymore because Hillborough happened. If at all possible, I'd ban anyone singing Heysel, Hillsborough or Munich songs.

I was ten years old when that plane went down and the whole country was saddened by it,Busby was one of our boys,and everyone wanted them to win that final.I just don't understand this constant hatred,in those days we were all working class lads and good wages and conditions are what we fought for.It was around that time that I first went to the match on a Saturday,(second division then lads)and over the years I've seen the attitudes change.I must say that in my opinion Ferguson constantly fuelled this ill feeling,and almost set the agenda of what we have today.The thuggery and violence of the late 70s and 80s saddened me the most,instead of fighting Thatcher we were fighting each other.Devide and conquer I suppose.Sorry for going on but it's got it of me chest.

Great post.

It's crazy how people can have that perception, though, when it's only an apparent handful - barely even audible to people at the ground, let alone on TV - compared to masses singing it on a regular basis.

Manchester United sing their sick songs ,in football stadiums, in sizeable numbers and it is disgusting. A much, much smaller percentage of our support sing Munich songs at the match,nowadays, but we as a club still have a problem. It's not uncommon do hear Liverpool fans refer to Manchester United as "Munich" and you hear them sing the 'runway song' in pubs and on coaches. That is disgusting, too.

• Upvote 1

It is. You're never going to stamp it out completely on a small scale. It is possible to stamp it out on a large scale, though. And that comes from acknowledging it's happening in the first place, or not putting both clubs in the same category and effectively brushing it under the carpet, which is in danger of happening.

Don't apologise, Great post

My Dad was a great admirer of Busby and told me many times how shocked and saddened he was when the plane crashed. He would be turning in his grave to think that anyone from Liverpool would think to sing about it to insult our rivals, Different world it may be but there should be zero tolerance of this sort of shit irrespective of the relative numbers involved,     

Agreed, but a barely perceptible Munich song by a handful of whoppers is worth a charge but a full away end at Anfield and 70 odd thousand at OT singing the sun was right you killed your own fans isn't.

It's fucking bollocks and the club need to call Uefa out on it.

Their singing of their vile shite at anfield was long, loud (very loud) and frequent.

It was also large numbers as well and it defies logic that we are now getting charged for barely audible singing of shite from a small section of our support.

Both are wrong of course but for fucks sake it is laughable they are getting away with it.

Their singing of their vile shite at anfield was long, loud (very loud) and frequent.

It was also large numbers as well and it defies logic that we are now getting charged for barely audible singing of shite from a small section of our support.

Both are wrong of course but for fucks sake it is laughable they are getting away with it.

It's got be zero tolerance and is why they should be banned next year form Anfield

If Utd want to reciprocate then frankly I wouldn't complain , Until both clubs get a proper grip of this it will continue and we have the same discussion year in year out

• Upvote 1

Agreed, but a barely perceptible Munich song by a handful of whoppers is worth a charge but a full away end at Anfield and 70 odd thousand at OT singing the sun was right you killed your own fans isn't.

It's fucking bollocks and the club need to call Uefa out on it.

no of course not but the home game brought the issue out into the public domain and the ref or uefa or whoever makes the charges either werent aware of it then or didnt think it warranted reporting. I d say they werent aware of it. Finally we ve started to make a bigger deal of it so everybody was watching out for the 2nd leg and some knob heads walked right into the trap.

What has to happen now if the club dont do anything about this now is that if they sing that shit at anfield or OT next time its reported and it continues to be reported until it stops completely.