You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man Utd - Europa League (a)

Hand Shandy

If we play to even 70% of last weeks effort then we should have enough to beat them.

How I'd love to absolutely batter them about the place but I'd settle for a 1-1.

I'm going to be in the pub from 13:00 watching the Cheltenham races, so I might not even be able to focus when this starts.

James Pearce ‏@JamesPearceEcho  5s

Fellaini has escaped a ban for elbow on Can and no action against #MUFC either for fans' chants at Anfield #LFC

It helped the fact that (a) Can went (did he consult his manager and the club's CEO for this?) publicly and played down  the incident by saying "Fellaini is a fair(!!!) sportsman." and (b ) the fact no one from our Club made any move about the incident and ( c) that our influence on the level of UEFA is zero. So is our influence in the english FA.

I hope the "fair sportsman" Fellaini does not injure any of our gracious players in the upcoming game. 

From the bbc sport site, Uefa didn't act on the chants because it wasn't in the match officials report.

I'm not surprised it's not. Why would a non-English speaking official be listening to what the fans are chanting and know what it means?

The problem is that as a club we didn't make an official complaint.

It'll be a slightly difficult one on how to approach this tactically.

One goal really should put the game to bed. But so does a clean sheet.

Go for the goal or play a bit more conservatively? I'd prefer the former. They've got a decent defensive record, but that's largely down to De Gea. They're quite easy to open up and create chances against. West Ham did it with ease, at times, yesterday. Particularly down United's right. That Varela is distinctly average. I'd go with Lallana or Coutinho down the left, Moreno overlapping and Firmino up front but dropping into that channel. Just totally overload Varela.

The danger is though that we leave ourselves open if we pursue the goal too vigorously. They're shite. But in the direct ball to Fellaini and with the pace of Depay, Martial and Rashford, they can still cause problems on the break.

If we approach the game somewhere in between, I can still see us scoring.

I'd go:

Mignolet

Clyne

Lovren

Sakho

Moreno

Can

Henderson

Allen

Lallana

Firmino

Coutinho

Hardly surprised that those bunch of cunts at Uefa have decided to do nothing about the elbow or the chants.

You can take this in any way you want but you just know that had that been our player assaulting one of them, or our fans with those vile chants then something would have been done.

I cannot write what I want to write about them on a public forum but let's just assume that I have written something about Uefa and the mancs that even you would be shocked to read.

Respect, what a fucking joke.

• Upvote 1

Referee needs to be told in no uncertain terms to not allow that elbowing Belgian cunt away with anything, he gets away with it all the time. And the club need to let it be known to the referee that they expect the players to be protected and he will be held responsible if they're not. That said the ref will probably do the opposite and give them everything.