You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City (h)

Hand Shandy

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Boxing styles make for great fights and can often predict the winner beforehand. Us and City are a bit like this as our style suits us playing against City. Whereas when we play the West Broms and Watfords we look like clowns at times.

If we think we have a soft centre,what about City?

good craic in the anfield road end last night. there were a couple of kids about 10 or 11 years old at the end of the lower centenary getting the singing going.

how bad were city? couldnt believe lallanas shot went in as it didnt look like it had any power but it was right in the corner. 2nd goal was a great move involving firmino and lallana finished by milner and lallana was brilliant for the third, driving onto a balll that wasnt really his and setting up firmino for the finish.

I thought everyone played well but special mention to toure who hardly gave aguero a kick.

Pep and City will be in the Europa next season. They're going to get caught by someone, wouldn't surprise me if United pip them to fourth, there's a couple of clubs that could finish higher than them. I wonder if this Guardiola announcement has affected both City and Bayern, the latter lost at home to Mainz last night.

Technically we aren't out of it, but we all know what will happen, especially with our bogey team at the weekend. Two League wins on the bounce, halcyon days.

Oh please oh please. I bet hed fuck them straight off if they didnt make the CL.

Excellent result but hard too get excited by it. String 9 or 10 solid results and performances against varying teams and they might get a little rise out of me.

I think fanchrster makes a valid point about work rate. If you look at it when we play the likes of Palace and Sunderland and they match our work rate then it's a different game for us also.

When we play a few teams like Villa or Southampton And city when they surrender we are great. We like to kick someone when they are lying on the floor when they square up to us we crawl back into our shell crying.

This stuff actually make me even more angry. Like when we best Chelsea after losing to them in the FA Cup. Classic bottler's MO.

Bit different this time I think, we've been looking better in the last few weeks under Klopp and that was at the end of a terrible seasons when Chelsea made 11 changes. 

Bit different this time I think, we've been looking better in the last few weeks under Klopp and that was at the end of a terrible seasons when Chelsea made 11 changes. 

I don't read much into last night tbh. City had no trouble at all controlling us and looked like taking the lead until Hart did a Mig impression. After that we did kick on and played really well which is to be commended but had we gone behind chances are we would have lost,

Palace will give us a mauling at the weekend and if we show some bottle and see them off then I will be a little happier but some major surgery is requires in the summer however we do on the run in,

Don't do it to yourself...we will get within striking distance and then shit ourselves massively.

Ha! We do have form for that. I can't help it though. With Origi growing and Sturridge getting some fitness and action, and players playing for their future, we might have an upturn for the last ten games or so. It's the hope that kills you...

Ha! We do have form for that. I can't help it though. With Origi growing and Sturridge getting some fitness and action, and players playing for their future, we might have an upturn for the last ten games or so. It's the hope that kills you...

The hope doesn't kill you. It sustains you. It's a wonderful thing. Repeated failure kills you...

The Guardiola thing has undermined City, I think. I'm sure Pellegrini got a healthy wedge to ease what otherwise pretty disrespectful treatment. What are the players supposed to think? It's weird situation.

We played well to their shite but it could just be a one-off. We owe Palace one, if we win that we can start thinking about the mancs.

City were dreadful but our pressing was exceptional. You have to wonder if we'd perform consistently better by starting Origi over Sturridge whilst the latter picks up fitness. Having Sturridge is like playing with 10 men when we don't have the ball and in contrast, Origi really does his part and is more suited to the pressing game.

• Upvote 1