You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Old School

Section_31

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This popped into my head the other day for no obvious reason:

51R1FK279RL._SY445_.jpg

Did you ever see the Portland Bill/Postman Pat crossover episode? Pat goes on holiday to McGuillycuddy. Feeling peckish, he goes to the little cafe. He meets Portland Bill and they start arguing about what constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast. Bill calls Pat a paedo, for having beans on his fry-up and Jess headbutts Bill. The owner calls the bizzies and they end up ragging Bill and Pat all over the village.

• Upvote 1

Northstar!

Tony, it was about some astronaut that returned to earth with powers, super brain and strength if I remember correctly..

Aye, he got the Sun in his eyes & it gave him mental superpowers.

It had a really profound effect on me as a kid that film, managed to get a dvd of it a few years back & it turned out to be shite.

Waterbabies is still good though.

Aye, he got the Sun in his eyes & it gave him mental superpowers.

It had a really profound effect on me as a kid that film, managed to get a dvd of it a few years back & it turned out to be shite.

Waterbabies is still good though.

you've been waiting all those years in Edinburgh for the sun to come out so you could stare at it as well.

• Upvote 1

Ace. I love the way that they're absolutely incredulous that the new brain can be expanded to 2 megs (2000k!).

Simpler times.

I used to teach programming to 16-18 year olds on those BBC micros. 32K memory, albeit a lot of the programs for it sat on a ROM.

Coding is far easier these days.

• Upvote 1

I used to teach programming to 16-18 year olds on those BBC micros. 32K memory, albeit a lot of the programs for it sat on a ROM.

Coding is far easier these days.

We got one at my primary school when I was about 9. It was like someone had dropped off the Ark of the Covenant, and it was approached and treated with extreme reverence. It was sorcery, I tell thee.

• Upvote 1

We got one at my primary school when I was about 9. It was like someone had dropped off the Ark of the Covenant, and it was approached and treated with extreme reverence. It was sorcery, I tell thee.

Our primary school got a Spectrum 48k that came with a printer which looked like the old till receipt. Now I also had a Speccy at home but seeing this printer was like getting a glimpse of what it was like to be a future man.

Our primary school got a Spectrum 48k that came with a printer which looked like the old till receipt. Now I also had a Speccy at home but seeing this printer was like getting a glimpse of what it was like to be a future man.

I had a 48k speccy as well, hated those rubber keys but it was a good upgrade on my Vic 20.