You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Old School

Section_31

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Tesco, somewhere in the late 60s.

Coca Cola 4p a can

Cornflakes 7 1/2p

Mars Bar 3p each or three for 7 1/2p

Bounty 2p each or five for 7 1/2p

Kit Kat 1 1/4p each or six for 7p

After Eights 17 1/2p

Baked Beans 5p

I’ll have 50 Mar Bars, 100 Kit Kats, 100 cans of Coke, 20 boxes of After Eights, but you can poke your beans up your bum, even at 5p a tin!

4F51E30D-6622-4534-B5D1-D9B789B71219.jpeg

On 18/04/2019 at 17:44, Tony Moanero said:

Tesco, somewhere in the late 60s.

Coca Cola 4p a can

Cornflakes 7 1/2p

Mars Bar 3p each or three for 7 1/2p

Bounty 2p each or five for 7 1/2p

Kit Kat 1 1/4p each or six for 7p

After Eights 17 1/2p

Baked Beans 5p

I’ll have 50 Mar Bars, 100 Kit Kats, 100 cans of Coke, 20 boxes of After Eights, but you can poke your beans up your bum, even at 5p a tin!

4F51E30D-6622-4534-B5D1-D9B789B71219.jpeg

Get on the After Eights there. Proper high end.

A couple of the comics I remember buying as a kid. I did have nearly a complete set of Warlords after I bought a load at a church fair- some kid was selling them at 10 for 5 pence. Fuck knows what happened to them all, probably got rid of them to make space for Club International and Men Only.

Image result for warlord comic

My mum and dad were always a bit dubious about Bullet, as it was quite violent for the time.

Image result for bullet comic

I vaguely remember Roy was going through marriage trouble at the time, and he had twins (I think). My favourite was the millionaire who bought his favourite club and put himself in the team.

Related image

31 minutes ago, Mudface said:

A couple of the comics I remember buying as a kid. I did have nearly a complete set of Warlords after I bought a load at a church fair- some kid was selling them at 10 for 5 pence. Fuck knows what happened to them all, probably got rid of them to make space for Club International and Men Only.

Image result for warlord comic

My mum and dad were always a bit dubious about Bullet, as it was quite violent for the time.

Image result for bullet comic

I vaguely remember Roy was going through marriage trouble at the time, and he had twins (I think). My favourite was the millionaire who bought his favourite club and put himself in the team.

Related image

'Soccer' on the front page of Roy of the Rovers? Roy Race is dead to me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Have you been watching Scum recently? Great scene that one.

I’ve not mate.

One of my dogs caught me in the knackers yesterday while trampling over me on the sofa, and it made me spontaneously remember the phrase.

Like an excruciating furry time capsule.

• Upvote 2