You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - League cup final

Sugar Ape

A real shame that. We got back into it, and then in extra time Origi had a good header saved and another chance where he just failed to make contact. Onto penalties...

Can - cool as a cucumber. Lovely penalty. Pirlo-esque. 

Lucas - oh dear. Going for the upper corner is hard. The margin for error is so small. He hit it too low, which made it a nice height for the keeper. 

Coutinho - I said to my lad he needs to hit it from ten yards further out. Caballero jumped off his line and put him off, then took another small step out after that, and Coutinho seemed caught in two minds and hit a poor one. Ref should have ordered a re-take but bottled it. 

Lallana's penalty was better than the two Brazilians but it yielded the same - nothing. 

Such a shame. 

Ideally you want penalties to go low and to the corner... like theirs. It's much easier to put it there than in the upper corner. 

Don't know what else to say, other than I'm gutted we lost a cup final. 

All in on the Europa league now. YNWA. 

• Upvote 1

Eh... because they're playing for Liverpool FC, the team that you support?

This club won't miss a league cup win. Some of those players don't deserve to be in the PL, never mind this great, beautiful football club.

There should be no doubt in our mind that we are rightfully about to take this squad to bits. Winning s cup would put doubt where there should be none.

Each to their own, but that's that.

Well, this won't be popular, but I had difficulties in getting behind this team before kick off, and so I'm not deflated.

Half this team won't be there soon, so why would I give a fuck about them?

Harsh, shit, but true.

Yeah well fuck off and go support man city or mk dons then you uber cunt.