You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Europa League Draw Midday Friday

Sputnik1

The joys of the Europa League.

Travelling to some small, provincial backwater with borderline third world conditions, where the locals dress like it's still the communist Soviet era and speak a crazy dialect that you can't understand.

I'm really looking forward to that second leg in Manchester...

I bet the exact same post has been made on united forums subbing manchester for liverpool

Robert De Niro's choice in roles has a similar quality trajectory to us over the last 40 years.

When we were lording it over Europe, Taxi Driver and The Deer Hunter were out.

We probably signed Aquilani or Carroll on the release date of one of those Meet The Fokkers movies.  

• Upvote 1

Elbows is injured isn't he?  Expect him to be rushed back for this.  For some reason we allow him to dominate things against us, which is sad because he's obviously a big slow carthorse.

That's their game plan right there.  Get elbows on the pitch and rough our powder puffs up again.

Guest Pistonbroke

Worst tie possible imo. The Mancs maybe one of the easiest draws left on paper but we all know these cunts will be up for this, the manc loving media scum will do LVG's motivational job for him. If we win win the tie (which I think we will, mancs have shit loads of players missing and ours are coming back) the media will put it down to their injuries and LVG will get all the blame etc etc...if they win the cunts will go OTT as if the cunts have just won the CL.

I Reckon. Home Leg 2-1 to us. Away leg 2-2 and a nervy fucking shit your pants last half hour to survive as they dive all over the place trying to get free kicks and penalties.  

Pretty much nailed on that. Don't fear them and don't fear getting knocked out, we're both bang average and neither can win the trophy anyway can they. At least in 05 we had some world class/ top class players.

Of course the media and Johnny come lately ooh ar ya Sky generation will be all over it. You know, the ones who used to support Burnley and United who will soon support Burnley and City.

Van Gaal the £300m spending tactical genius. Hoof it to Screech. Rooney will rise from his sick bed too, wait for it.

Obvious I know, but our "strike force" needs to start firing live rounds and quick.

Defending is behind the settee time in any game we play, but with our midfield fully fit and with the strikers we have, we should have enough to give them a going over.

Same applies to Sunday against their blue bretheren.

Can we win the trophy?

No, probably not, but people's attitude towards us will change if Sturridge starts finding the back of the net, and Firmino and Coutinho get a run going together, and we devise a way of making that 3 in the middle work.

At present, that 3 in the middle are fucking appalling as a formation. I'd much prefer to go back to 4231 or a variation thereof, where we just need those two in the middle to chase the opposition down like dogs and not worry about getting forward at all. With that kind of restricted remit, we could easily find room in the first team midfield for Stewart, Rossiter, Allen and Milner, and not even have to think about what to do with Henderson and Can.

As far as I'm concerned those two can sit the rest of the season out, just like they've done already.

Milner has 6 goals in 31 games this season, compared to, say Lallana who has 4 goals in 32 games from an advanced position.

Milner also has more PL assists than Coutinho, Alli, Willian, or Payet.

It's very fucking obvious the problem isn't Milner.

-------------Mig---------------

Flanno--Lucas---Sakho---Moreno

-------Stewart-Milner----------

Firmino---Coutinho---Origi

----------Sturridge-----------

Subs: Benteke, Lallana, Allen, Toure, Clyne, Smith, Ward

Unused: Rossiter, Skrtel, Lovren, Henderson, Caulker, Can, Ibe, Chirivella

Not sure why people are so confident, or is it the mask of over-confidence to deflect from the fear of a public bumming, two of them, in front of an audience likely to rival that of any CL final?

De Gea, he's a problem for us even if we were in a rich vein of scoring. We are not.

Corners. We may as well not take them, and we may as well award a goal for every 5 corners we face. Van Gaal will apply pressure here, you can be certain of that.

Midfield. Ours doesn't work, theirs isnt much better, but Schneiderlin vs Henderson is a no-contest, as is Can vs Herrera.

Injuries. United do have 14 injuries at this exact point in time, but De Gea, Rooney, Martial, Smalling, Jones, Valencia all due back before our first game. Their long-term list includes Darmian, Fellaini and YOung, whereas ours includes Ings and Gomez. Pretty even, but United have more to call upon.

We're a Sturridge away from an utter meltdown. Not happened so far, but he's about to get 90mins on a big pitch at Wembley, and he just isnt ready for it.

Impossible to call could well be decided by which of the better players are fit and firing. Sturridge, Coutinho, De Gea and Martial. The 2nd leg away gives them a slight advantage but cancelled out by some injurys and they have a cup game sandwiched in-between.

I thought van gaal would do well in Europe but they have stunk the place out so nothing to fear but the rivalry itself. I would not be suprised to see a sending off or two.

Would have preferred an overseas team but seems strange to say prefer them than facing Spurs.

Four times the number of "Guests" than members on this thread tonight, I see.

Welcome, Manchester!

To sum up, we feel we're both rubbish, but we are slightly less rubbish than you.

Now go and see if you can change a few more words to Spirit in the Sky.  It takes "wit" to change more than one line, but give it a go anyway.