You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

you probably grew up going to games every week. I grew up watching on telly and planning one trip a season. thousands there today would have been at their one game a season planned from months back and people are saying shame on them for not walking out?

as I said its not black and white and the problem is going to be how do you protest against extortionate ticket prices and the outpricing of going to football every week without making it local fans v overseas fans?

A mate of mine took my ticket today and I asked him if he left early. He didn't.

He asked what I thought about him staying and I said I understood. He gets to use that ticket 3 times per year so it's a difficult choice for him.

He said he took some stick from people who were walking out. My ticket is on the aisle right near the 207 exit, so lots of people filing past him.

I don't know if I'd have left, and that's mainly because I give so little of a shit about going to the games now that I've not really read either side of the matter properly.

If I'd been going, I'd have read up, formed a decision and one way or another stuck by it.

I stayed behind every week to protest h&g, and from what I've seen written on here, I imagine I'd have backed the walkout, but I think it's plainly wrong to judge those who didn't.

Yeah. SOS may have unleashed a campaign that takes a path of its own and not just about the ticket prices. That's a sizeable crowd chanting get out of our club so cant be put down to just a few people.

I'd put that down to people hearing the tune, not hearing the words, revering what was sung against h&g and going with it, and then others joining in.

That's my two pennies.

• Upvote 1

A mate of mine took my ticket today and I asked him if he left early. He didn't.

He asked what I thought about him staying and I said I understood. He gets to use that ticket 3 times per year so it's a difficult choice for him.

He said he took some stick from people who were walking out. My ticket is on the aisle right near the 207 exit, so lots of people filing past him.

I don't know if I'd have left, and that's mainly because I give so little of a shit about going to the games now that I've not really read either side of the matter properly.

If I'd been going, I'd have read up, formed a decision and one way or another stuck by it.

I stayed behind every week to protest h&g, and from what I've seen written on here, I imagine I'd have backed the walkout, but I think it's plainly wrong to judge those who didn't.

People giving other people shit for not walking out is out of order. What right have people got to tell others what to do? I always hated that about the match.
  • Upvote 1

People calling themselves fans calling the people in charge of the club "Cunts".

People saying "Fuck them (the players).

People saying "The team are weak minded"

People picking up on spelling errors in the hope of distracting from their poor, poor argument.

Greatest fans in the world eh?

We used to be.

You talk absolute nonsense and are a condescending, self important whopper.

• Upvote 1

i think you missed the point so i will point you in the right direction 

yes it is simple economics  you should value every  pound you earn not throw it away like 25% of a ticket that you spent your hard earned cash on then bitch you cant afford to pay the hike thats just hypocritical  only message that sends to FSG is hey they can afford to buy a these tickets then walk out hence why i say do it in a way it does not cost you.....that my view on it 

the tesco's part  was along the same lines we have all done the bitch about something 1 week  but if we really want it we will pay for it the next week...... are you telling me that you have never done that ? same applies to a ticket and FSG know that people will pay even if its not us    

where did i say that  FSG shouldnt be held accountable  for what they do i just said i can only defend them on 1 front 

Exactly this. Really - How many of those that walked out yesterday would go to a live gig, pay the entrance price then walk out after 3/4 of the show is completed in protest at the cost of the ticket? How many would go around the Asda and fill their trolley up then complain about the cost at the checkout - leaving their shopping and walking out in protest at the cost?

I'd put that down to people hearing the tune, not hearing the words, revering what was sung against h&g and going with it, and then others joining in.

That's my two pennies.

What, the people singing enough is enough in the ground 5 minutes earlier outside the ground have forgotten the words so sing something else?

Exactly this. Really - How many of those that walked out yesterday would go to a live gig, pay the entrance price then walk out after 3/4 of the show is completed in protest at the cost of the ticket? How many would go around the Asda and fill their trolley up then complain about the cost at the checkout - leaving their shopping and walking out in protest at the cost?

Nobody goes to Asda with an emotional attachment and you might complain if you go to the same gig at least 19 times a year?

• Upvote 1

What, the people singing enough is enough in the ground 5 minutes earlier outside the ground have forgotten the words so sing something else?

I'm suggesting it's a different group of people, and not the very same ones.

I'm suggesting they heard 'enough is enough' but didn't catch the words, and sung the words they'd sung before under h&g.

I'm quite possibly wrong, and it could just have been an escalation, but it's what I reckon.

I'm suggesting it's a different group of people, and not the very same ones.

I'm suggesting they heard 'enough is enough' but didn't catch the words, and sung the words they'd sung before under h&g.

I'm quite possibly wrong, and it could just have been an escalation, but it's what I reckon.

Does it really matter that much? If people feel the club are going to continue down the path of fleecing fans then protestors can call for whatever they like.

Personally although they've massively fucked up on numerous occasions I think they do want the club to be successful (albeit on a budget which is fair enough).

There's no reason though why they can't charge a fair price and not have a prick like Ayre talking down to fans publicly.

Is there anyone here who stayed yesterday? If so can they tell me are they happy with the price of tickets and if not what would they suggest doing that might have as big an impact as this has?