You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

It was hard to tell just how many people actually left as any crowd shots seemed to be close ups of fans queuing at the exits rather than empty seats. To my mind it looked like about a quarter of the crowd left the ground early, so a good 10000-plus. Though a great many fans chose to remain, it is still a good protest turnout.

The owners would be well advised to keep the fans onside because they ought to realise that they only got their foot in the door because the fans wouldn't let up over the actions of the previous owners. While the scenarios are not identical, the ones most impacted are the same, and they aren't prepared to just grin and bare it.

"Suppose you go each week'? 

I'm 63 years of age - I had been going since the age of Six, I watched Billy Liddle in the second division so don't try to play the 'super supporter' with me kid as a percentage of my income I have probably put far more into the club.

"I am sure their millions will keep them warm" - So you don't mind them getting millions but you don't want to pay for them to get millions?

What a bizarre approach. So what effect did you think the walkout would have on the players?

Then you are old enough to know better, my mate is 65 and he walked out with me, he still goes and supports his club but like a lot of us we are struggling to keep up.

You may have enjoyed it when it was a few bob to get in, it's not that any more and if anyone should be angry it's the likes of you. I have three children that I want to be able to support the reds and they all work but they can't afford to go every week.

It's easy to be a shit and sit on the sidelines sniping, which you seem to do quite well. 

• Upvote 1

"Suppose you go each week'? 

I'm 63 years of age - I had been going since the age of Six, I watched Billy Liddle in the second division so don't try to play the 'super supporter' with me kid as a percentage of my income I have probably put far more into the club.

If you had, you'd know it was Liddell.  So excuse me if I think you're a fibber and a shill.  I remember your last appearance on here.

• Upvote 4

Sounds like someone trying to head of the criticism.

Don't any of those that walked out feel they turned their back on the team on the park?

Today was one game.  This walkout (and before you ask no I wasn't there, I haven't been able to afford footy for a long time) was about one generation of working class fans already having been priced out of the game and the next one never being able to get in to begin with.

Footy these days is becoming a game that a lot of the traditional fans can only afford to watch on telly at home or down the pub, whilst grounds are filled with people with a high disposable income, or those who can afford it because they only go a few times a year.

The fact going to a game is something a lot of people I know would have to save up for is so completely and utterly fucked up that I can't believe anybody who cares about the game would have issues with what happened today.  What else are people supposed to do; they've tried talking, appealing and practically begging, all to no avail.

All of that is way more important than whether the team had to make do without their presence for 13 minutes.  They will have to get by without it for a fuck of a sight longer than that if this pricing carries on because no cunt will be able to afford to go.

• Upvote 2

"I am sure their millions will keep them warm" - So you don't mind them getting millions but you don't want to pay for them to get millions?

What a bizarre approach. So what effect did you think the walkout would have on the players?

attendance revenue makes up an increasingly insignificant percentage of overall revenue.  But I think you probably already know that and are hoping most people don't. 

A walkout couldn't make this team any more feckless, cowardly and inept.  Thanks for popping back though.  Are you in the employ of the club, or related to someone that is?

• Upvote 1

if I d spent 300 quid to be there today I d have stayed til they threw me out.

its not that black and white.

I travel over quite a lot from Ireland too (home and away games). Maybe not as much in the last two years as I used to, it's a huge cost as you said.

But, this is bigger than the people who spend big money to travel. At some point everyone has to sacrifice and say fuck this, enough is enough. It's for a long term gain hopefully. The owners prefer the people who travel over to be inside the ground on a Saturday than locals, in my opinion. Maybe that's an argument for another day, but it's sort of relevant to the protest today as people coming from Ireland, Norway etc are less likely to leave due to the cost of getting to Anfield.

When I have kids I'd love to be able to bring them over, but the way the prices are going it's hard to justify for lads to bring kids, even if they can afford it.

I don't blame people who had kids with them today not walking out, but anyone else should be uniting and making a stand, I think.

We did not fucking lose today because the fans left.

We lost because we have assembled the most weakminded braindead squad of football players i have ever seen. The only surprise is we actually spent £300 million too get to this level.

Edit:  DRAW , felt like a bloody loss though.

until football clubs are owned by the fans it ll never change. london prices in liverpool but its been like that for a while. im paying 60 quid on the kop for the city game.

im all for protests but I think they need to be more creative and less divisive. I d guess it was mostly locals who walked out today and the club belongs to them but also belongs to the daytrippers and the weekenders who come from england Scotland wales northern ireland republic of ireland scandinavia france spain germany just like the players and managers who along with the local lads won the club all its trophies.

"It's easy to be a shit and sit on the sidelines sniping, which you seem to do quite well. "

Nah - you can go now fella - this sort of comment is childish and certainly not looking for a solution, you keep calling yourself a fan and turning your back on the team and making false presumptions about others that don't share your selfish point of view.

Whatever rocks your boat.