You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

http://www.thesportbible.com/articles/jamie-carragher-joins-in-with-liverpool-fans-protest-060216

Jamie Carragher Joins In With Liverpool Fans' Protest 0
3eb5874756b6b1a1d32821489ddd8456.jpg

Liverpool fans went ahead with their planned walk out during the 77th minute of today's home game with Sunderland, in protest at a hike in ticket prices for next season and were joined by a club legend in doing so.

The #WalkOutOn77 protest being undertaken by Liverpool fans today has received a lot of mainstream media attention and it hasn't escaped the attention of the club's players, one of whom seems to have given his backing to the movement.

Home fans at Anfield during today's game with Sunderland are planning (at the time of writing) to walk out on the 77th minute in protest at the Liverpool board's decision to increase the price of a ticket in the Main Stand to an extortionate £77 from next season, as well as hiking up season ticket prices to upwards of £1,000. And Jordan Henderson has seemingly given his approval to the participating fans after liking a tweet about the protest on Twitter.

While Henderson's activity may have delighted Liverpool's fans, it remains to be seen how the club's hierarchy will react seeing their captain backing a walk out by home fans at Anfield. Then again, it would seem Ian Ayre and co have enough on their hands...

I am sure their millions will keep them warm, it reinforces how important the fans are to the club, so do not treat them like shit.

Suppose you go each week?

"Suppose you go each week'? 

I'm 63 years of age - I had been going since the age of Six, I watched Billy Liddle in the second division so don't try to play the 'super supporter' with me kid as a percentage of my income I have probably put far more into the club.

"I am sure their millions will keep them warm" - So you don't mind them getting millions but you don't want to pay for them to get millions?

What a bizarre approach. So what effect did you think the walkout would have on the players?

• Upvote 1