You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

For a club that Bill Shankly built on principles and honesty now finds it only tops the league in paying agents who are the parasites of the game over £14 million, but will stop at nothing to fleece the lifeblood of the game.....

For me this should have been done a lot lot sooner... I'll be walking out today for all the good it will do

For a club that Bill Shankly built on principles and honesty now finds it only tops the league in paying agents who are the parasites of the game over £14 million, but will stop at nothing to fleece the lifeblood of the game.....

For me this should have been done a lot lot sooner... I'll be walking out today for all the good it will do

How is reducing prices of season tickets 'fleecing' anyone?

Some shit chatted on this thread

i know plenty of local lads who will take your ticket if you are outraged and refuse to pay it

And they all live 5-10 minutes from the ground

My season ticket has been passed down (i have had it 18 years) and will continue to do so thats how it is someone will bite your hand off for it

I agree in principle with the sentiment but as Paulie says above too little too late

I remember lads paying fortunes to watch us play Barca in the CL - their cheapest tickets were 130 euros and that was about 8 years ago

Welcome to modern football

I think you miss the point. There are people who will pay that money but many are / have been priced out.

It all depends on what you see as most important. The profit of the business, the wages of the players and the agents or the more limited money of the people who want to go the game (whether they can afford it or not).

It's currently all about the greed of the few and for me this protest is because many of the group of stakeholders who gain nothing from the wealth of football (the supporters) have had enough.

Commercial revenue will make up the biggest percentage of revenue in a few years as more people start watching the game online and tv money drops. If we can make the clubs learn they need to keep fans happy to keep sponsors paying money then we might start getting some consideration. It has to start somewhere and hopefully this walkout is just the beginning.

The club's chief executive met with the press at Melwood to talk about the process in reaching the arrangements, which will come into effect for 2016-17, as well as some of the initiatives on offer.

Under the new pricing and ticket structure, 45 per cent of matchday tickets will see a price decrease from next season.

Around 200 tickets will be priced at £77 for Category A games (six per season, 1,200 across the campaign, occupying 0.4 per cent of Anfield’s capacity on matchdays).

In addition, there will be the introduction of £9 tickets, of which there’ll be around 500 per Category C fixture, with over 1,500 being made available in total.

64 per cent of season ticket prices will decrease or freeze under the new structure, with the lowest priced at £685. 818 season tickets will go on sale at a cost of £1,029, taking up 1.5 per cent of the stadium’s capacity on matchday.

Other initiatives include: local supporters being given priority access to over 20,000 tickets; over 20,000 extra tickets in a new pricing category for fans aged between 17 and 21 offering a 50 per cent reduction on prices; and in excess of 1,000 free tickets being provided to schools across Merseyside for each home game.

Is any of this wrong or incorrect?

SoS response...

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/response-to-lfc-ticket-prices

So Kenny's spell if you read my post I said it was too little too late about the protest I'll be leaving my seat but I think a lot more thought could and should have gone into it to make the maximum impact.

Regarding the reducing prices a few get frozen and a tiny majority get a bit off big deal, when they will be making a few million more than ever from the supporters.

Mine will be frozen but do you really think that will stay the same for the following season?

The shit treatment has gone on long enough.

So you think they are justified in what they have proposed?

So Kenny's spell if you read my post I said it was too little too late about the protest I'll be leaving my seat but I think a lot more thought could and should have gone into it to make the maximum impact.

Regarding the reducing prices a few get frozen and a tiny majority get a bit off big deal, when they will be making a few million more than ever from the supporters.

Mine will be frozen but do you really think that will stay the same for the following season?

The shit treatment has gone on long enough.

So you think they are justified in what they have proposed?

And again you seem to have forgotten to answer my question.

Forget it Stickman.

Hang on - the SoS response seems to be making the £77 ticket the headline (of which there are 1200 out of a possible 878,693 - yet in the response the £9 ticket (1581 out of a possible 878,693) is dismissed as being too few?

How can that be the case for the £9 tickets but not for the £77 tickets???

I think you miss the point. There are people who will pay that money but many are / have been priced out.

It all depends on what you see as most important. The profit of the business, the wages of the players and the agents or the more limited money of the people who want to go the game (whether they can afford it or not).

It's currently all about the greed of the few and for me this protest is because many of the group of stakeholders who gain nothing from the wealth of football (the supporters) have had enough.

Commercial revenue will make up the biggest percentage of revenue in a few years as more people start watching the game online and tv money drops. If we can make the clubs learn they need to keep fans happy to keep sponsors paying money then we might start getting some consideration. It has to start somewhere and hopefully this walkout is just the beginning.

My dad used to follow Liverpool in the 60's/70's etc but eventually got priced out

I started going in the 80's and it was £1.20 to get in the kop

I eventually will get priced out and my sons will be going when its £55.00 a game for example

Is that not just inflation or whatever (i am not clever enought to put into words what i mean)

You get the point

My season ticket is reducing but i'm fully supportive of the walkout and would be joining in if I was there today.

I don't think it will have any impact though and I agree with those who say it's too late. Tickets should cost no more than £20 in my opinion but that'll never happen so the game is lost.

There's a real chance that i'll hand my ST back at the end of the season as i'm done with the game in general. The game which we all loved is dead.

• Upvote 1

My dad used to follow Liverpool in the 60's/70's etc but eventually got priced out

I started going in the 80's and it was £1.20 to get in the kop

I eventually will get priced out and my sons will be going when its £55.00 a game for example

Is that not just inflation or whatever (i am not clever enought to put into words what i mean)

You get the point

The short answer is no. The rate of ticket price inflation is much higher than that of inflation.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/price-of-football-study-ticket-prices-rise-at-almost-three-times-the-rate-of-inflation-in-a-year-9795853.html

On the stream I'm watching the ex player that is co commentating just said...

"I'd be tempted to bring on Sturridge on 77mins and see what they do then?"

Commentator: "That would be an interesting ploy..."

Both laugh.

Fucking modern football cunts... That co-commentator is Tony (can't remember his surname) he's on SkySports every now and then.