You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

In that article, Ayre sounds precisely like a politician trying to blind the audience by numbers.

I am sure his facts are accurate, but they don't actually reveal any picture.

For instance:

You can say 64% of tickets will decrease or freeze - but that could actually be only 1% decrease.

It could also be that all 64% decrease by 10 quid, whilst 36% increase by 50 quid. Thus the average is an increase.

It would have been far clearer to present a simple 'before' and 'after' table of prices and numbers, but the chances are, that would reveal far too much.

It's not just Liverpool though, it's happening all over, at a time when matchday revenue is becoming an ever smaller percentage of income for PL teams.

The greed of clubs knows few bounds.

There will come a time when swathes of middle class supporters tire of attending and the former diehard supports who were squeezed and ultimately priced out will have acclimatised to not going to the match. When that time comes, clubs may well come to realise the gravity of their mistake a little too late.

What's the fucking point. You will have to pay the extra and that's it...

Walk out,,, everything is about "supply and demand" and the tickets are in demand so either stump up or fuck off. It's shit but what difference is it gonna make,

How about boycotting the tv licence first it's a bigger rip off

Repped for the TV Licence part.  Me, I resent having no option but to get BT and contribute towards the Premier League gravy train as they're the only supplier in my area.  Football has every mug like me locked in.  

Disagree with the rest, though. I'm fully in favour of the walk out and generally in favour of anything which gets people talking about the extortionate prices people are paying.

If people are sick of money in football there are ways of doing something about it.  The power of the Internets can make it all happen.  All it would take is for everyone to cancel their Sky and BT subs overnight.  

Can't we get some rep from one of the Groups organising this to get on sky and rip the fuck out of what Ayre is claiming?  Most neutrals will listen to him bang on about his £9 tickets & favouring locals and wonder what we're moaning about.

My personal thoughts: If I was scheduled to go I probably wouldn't walk out as I'd have paid at least $1800 for the travel, room, food and probably the ticket as well just to go to my first ever LFC game, let alone one at Anfield. That being said I can see why people who live there or bus/train/whatever in are fed up and I wish this would happen in the states honestly.

Over the last two years I've paid about $500 to attend two New Orleans Saints games, and that's just to get my ass in the seat it's not accounting travel expenses or a place to stay nevermind food and drink, or concessions at the stadium (to be fair I don't drink much at the stadium because fuck having to get up and take a piss more than once a game in the stadium, I could imagine people missing half a quarter or more waiting in line). The alternative of course though is to fly out to NO from Cali and hope I can scalp a legit ticket for less or that the game doesn't sell out and I can get one at face value from the ticket office so for an abroad fan like myself it makes sense to pay and know what I'm getting, even if I'm getting fleeced.

Another example is the Los Angeles Lakers, now there's a local team I love to support and would love to go see in person on my own dime but you were looking at $94 a seat for some nosebleeds even now they're shit, and now that it's Kobe Bryant's final season I think the cheapest ticket you can find if you didn't buy it before the announcement is around $300, and that's probably being conservative.

Then again I come from a nation where a large amount of public money gets spent on these things, as anyone who's any sort of political posts I've made on this forum (I think there's been maybe a handful honestly)  already knows, I despise taxes as it is. The thought of my money going to fund a stadium for some rich twat or groups of rich twats and their sports team(s) really really fucking pisses me off but it's how things are done here. The nation has come to accept it. So I say go on and stage your walk out, hopefully y'all don't end up fucked over like we already are.

Edit- Actually having thought about it I probably would just walk out and hit a pub on the way to catch the last 10 minutes or so with the people I'd been enjoying the game with anyway.

#LFC will be hosting a live Q&A with Ian Ayre on Monday February 8 at 6pm GMT regarding the new pricing and ticket structure for 2016-17

— Liverpool FC (@LFC) February 5, 2016

@LFC ask him why we payed 100's going to Kazan he was taking birds who work in hooters bars on the clubs expenses @kearnsyLFC

CaeRfm3W4AAbMKm.jpg

Has he been hitting the Sugardaddy websites again?

You're nobody on this forum until Coro has unleashed an incoherent diatribe on you.

*wears badge with pride*

Your original post in this thread clearly demonstrates you haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about.

Is that clear enough?

Walk out,,, everything is about "supply and demand" and the tickets are in demand so either stump up or fuck off. It's shit but what difference is it gonna make,

That's the spirit!

I was thinking there this morning wasn't there some research done recently about the age profile of our match going fans and we came out at our average fan being middle aged.

Now assuming this new ticketing structure is subject to all of the same issues regarding credits for games on fan cards etc then doesn't it follow that the only people eligible for buying tickets when they go in sale will be the current match going fans with the requisite credits?

In reality all that nonsense about giving cheaper seats to concessions is completely irrelevant if the only people with the credits to buy them are all over the age.

The club aren't stupid they know that most people's tickets are passed down or are in someone else's name.

Shitbags like you are exactly why we get ripped off. Fool.

Shitbags like you are exactly why we get ripped off. Fool.

Sadly there are probably more that think like russ1979 than those that will walk out.

Sooner this fucking bubble bursts the better. It'll be too late by then as the ground will be full of russ1979's sitting in their £77 seats.

Fair play to those doing it but I think it's about 10 years too late. Huge numbers of long standing loyal fans have been priced out before now (my self and my dad who's been going since the 60s included). Horse has bolted lads. No putting the the genie back in the bottle now. Too many cooks spoil the broth etc

• Upvote 1

Some shit chatted on this thread

i know plenty of local lads who will take your ticket if you are outraged and refuse to pay it

And they all live 5-10 minutes from the ground

My season ticket has been passed down (i have had it 18 years) and will continue to do so thats how it is someone will bite your hand off for it

I agree in principle with the sentiment but as Paulie says above too little too late

I remember lads paying fortunes to watch us play Barca in the CL - their cheapest tickets were 130 euros and that was about 8 years ago

Welcome to modern football

The club's chief executive met with the press at Melwood to talk about the process in reaching the arrangements, which will come into effect for 2016-17, as well as some of the initiatives on offer.

Under the new pricing and ticket structure, 45 per cent of matchday tickets will see a price decrease from next season.

Around 200 tickets will be priced at £77 for Category A games (six per season, 1,200 across the campaign, occupying 0.4 per cent of Anfield’s capacity on matchdays).

In addition, there will be the introduction of £9 tickets, of which there’ll be around 500 per Category C fixture, with over 1,500 being made available in total.

64 per cent of season ticket prices will decrease or freeze under the new structure, with the lowest priced at £685. 818 season tickets will go on sale at a cost of £1,029, taking up 1.5 per cent of the stadium’s capacity on matchday.

Other initiatives include: local supporters being given priority access to over 20,000 tickets; over 20,000 extra tickets in a new pricing category for fans aged between 17 and 21 offering a 50 per cent reduction on prices; and in excess of 1,000 free tickets being provided to schools across Merseyside for each home game.

Is any of this wrong or incorrect?