You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All out on 77 minutes

kop77

I think it's the whole simply not listening/paying lip service that stinks here SD. That and the fact that there's a massive load of cash coming in from increased TV revenues. If the stupid cunts that FSG are didn't think they were so clever and could spot what football-people couldn't and in the pursuit of their flawed philosophy spent a shit-load on shit players, then that's their look-out. They might have some more profit if they were a bit more humble. It's their fault they've wasted a shed load of money not the supporters.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Can't see too many of the half scarf wearing day trip whoppers who make up a big chunk of our crowd joining this but hopefully most of the season ticket holders will...and that will have enough of an effect for it to be very noticeable.

I get the point about this not hitting FSG directly in the pocket, but being noticeable is the main thing here.  The owners trade on the "unique atmosphere" of Anfield - well, guess what, here's a vision of the future if you carry on taking the piss out of us.

Good luck to all involved.

• Upvote 1

I get the point about this not hitting FSG directly in the pocket, but being noticeable is the main thing here. The owners trade on the "unique atmosphere" of Anfield - well, guess what, here's a vision of the future if you carry on taking the piss out of us.

Good luck to all involved.

Dead on....its about a visual statement a statement that will become a talking point and that talking point then puts the issue in the spotlight and at the centre of discussion.

I don't think the owners give a shit about anything other than maximising profit, hence their absenteeism - they know what to expect if they come. Putting a good product on the pitch gets people to the baseball matches, but they get that anyway so all they can do is maximise profit per arse - none of which affects the television money, anyway: it's win-win-win for them.

Liverpool is a cash cow with lots of teats. Even the money they wasted on the squad hasn't really had much effect.

Klopp may find this hard.

Germany woke up to it and made football very affordable. They also had standing stadiums- a huge issue here.

All English football is being governed by greed- its the biggest pie and attracts the fattest rich bastards.

The key to it is being successful on the pitch.

In fairness to FSG, their outlay in transfers and wages merits more success than it has produced. Net spend will be brought up but that's missing the point.

They no doubt had one eye on raising ticket prices to pay for the stand but expected the fact that they had also spent 100,s of millions on players, breaking transfer records in the process, to produce enough success to either placate the fans to the price hike, or see them eager to pay the increase to watch the fine football on show.

The fact that the actual product we pay to watch is now failing wasn't foreseen when drawing up the business plan.

They now either spend more and make losses on selling the tripe we have in the hope that we get it right, or they sell up and leave us in the hands of the next fat cat

• Upvote 1

I haven't decided if I will walk out on 77 minutes yet, I probably will but we will see. I am part held by the belief that you stay until the end, I don't like the people that leave early so that's my problem to deal with on the day.

We were (at last look) 3rd in the prices for season tickets in the premiership. That's pretty amazing when you consider we are nowhere near the 3rd best team, quite a few London teams still charge less than us and a large number of better team than us charge considerably less.

We pay champions league money for mid table shite. Other teams that finish around where we do these days pay a lot less for their season tickets. 

Considering the shite we have had to watch for a while now the owners should cut prices with a view to increasing them a bit when and if we ever become a top team again. 

I haven't decided if I will walk out on 77 minutes yet, I probably will but we will see. I am part held by the belief that you stay until the end, I don't like the people that leave early so that's my problem to deal with on the day.

We were (at last look) 3rd in the prices for season tickets in the premiership. That's pretty amazing when you consider we are nowhere near the 3rd best team, quite a few London teams still charge less than us and a large number of better team than us charge considerably less.

We pay champions league money for mid table shite. Other teams that finish around where we do these days pay a lot less for their season tickets. 

Considering the shite we have had to watch for a while now the owners should cut prices with a view to increasing them a bit when and if we ever become a top team again. 

you will let us all know what you decide, 

sometimes fella its about showing solidarity.

I think it's the whole simply not listening/paying lip service that stinks here SD. That and the fact that there's a massive load of cash coming in from increased TV revenues. If the stupid cunts that FSG are didn't think they were so clever and could spot what football-people couldn't and in the pursuit of their flawed philosophy spent a shit-load on shit players, then that's their look-out. They might have some more profit if they were a bit more humble. It's their fault they've wasted a shed load of money not the supporters.

Accidentally negged. Someone please rectify.

Klopp may find this hard.

Germany woke up to it and made football very affordable. They also had standing stadiums- a huge issue here.

All English football is being governed by greed- its the biggest pie and attracts the fattest rich bastards.

The key to it is being successful on the pitch.

In fairness to FSG, their outlay in transfers and wages merits more success than it has produced. Net spend will be brought up but that's missing the point.

They no doubt had one eye on raising ticket prices to pay for the stand but expected the fact that they had also spent 100,s of millions on players, breaking transfer records in the process, to produce enough success to either placate the fans to the price hike, or see them eager to pay the increase to watch the fine football on show.

The fact that the actual product we pay to watch is now failing wasn't foreseen when drawing up the business plan.

They now either spend more and make losses on selling the tripe we have in the hope that we get it right, or they sell up and leave us in the hands of the next fat cat

Fuck Klopp.

He was eager to criticise the fans, earlier, but when those funding his £5m+ contract squeeze those very fans, he's nowhere on the issue.

Sorry, but this smacks of self-serving indulgent crap to me.

Hades may be a walking communist cliche, but his point in the other thread about low earners having been priced out of attending football matches for more than a decade is spot on.

However now that it's hitting the middle class fan, concern about affordability is suddenly a thing that demands direct action? Okay then.

With you being the Tory cliche, yeah?

People self-indulgently sacrificing their own hard-earned in the hope of benefiting others?

Okay then.

By the way - where have you got the idea that the people behind this protest are middle class?

You don't know much, do you.

• Upvote 1

“What is affordable to one person is different to another. With that in mind we tried to create a range of prices. We have listened to fans’ concerns and come up with some new initiatives, and we hope there is something for all,” said Liverpool chief-executive Ian Ayre.

Clearly not, Ian. It sounds like "If you can't pay, someone else will." Hopefully someone else won't.

100% behind it and I'll be walking out. 

The problem is going to be that some who only get to go to Anfield once or twice a year are not going to want to walk out early. I just hope enough people take part to make it an effective statement.

I despise Dave U, as much as most decent folk, but he's right, here.

• Upvote 1