You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dutch people

Nunavut Patrick

Was going through a bunch of pics and realized that of all the people I have come across either travelling, working, or interacting with I have never met a Dutch person i did not like.

I grew up partly in Holland in the 70s and just recently went back. 

Also, there is nothing more sexy than a Dutch girl on a bicycle ringing her bell.

The pub cats can fuck off though, they are bitey,

If I could do it all over again i would marry a Dutch girl and ride a bicycle to work.

There is much nicer beer than Heineken NP.

I know, but i find Heineken is the most consistently best tasting pilsner. 

I was in Amsterdam and sampled a local brewery, cannot remember the name, and it was nice. 

The problem these days is that every fucking hipster thinks they can put a weird name on an IPA or ale or pilsner and that its got to be good...

I have had some really good microbrewery bitters and some fresh pilsners that you would have no problem lashing four pints quickly. But most of the stuff churned out is fair to meddling,

Innis and Gunn is great for example but they are more a bigger brewery.

Anyhoo, back to the Dutch....

Frikandels!  

Was it Brouwerij 't IJ? They make nice beer. It's got a windmill next to the brewery.

http://www.brouwerijhetij.nl/?lang=en

Yes... that was the one.  I was in a pub on Spuistraat and the bar man recommended it over Heineken, was very nice. I had two or three glasses of it. 

Also i noticed the Dutch do not drink pints of heinken but half pints. I switched so as not to be too out of place but Jesus flew threw those small glasses.