You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Which current Liverpool player do you dislike the most?

Kevin D

183 members have voted

1. 1. ?

You think Southsea is a nice place to live.

My sister lives there and it's a shit hole

She obviously lives in Somerstown. The place on the border of Southsea that people who live there call Southsea because Somerstown is actually a fucking toilet. Southsea is lovely. Where do you live? Nuneaton or somewhere no doubt. 

She obviously lives in Somerstown. The place on the border of Southsea that people who live there call Southsea because Somerstown is actually a fucking toilet. Southsea is lovely. Where do you live? Nuneaton or somewhere no doubt. 

On the basis that I was on train that stopped at Nuneaton once I can confirm its a shithole

Save hate for people like Rupert Murdoch, Iain Duncan Smith and Jeremy Vine.

Why? For making sure hard-working taxpayers like me aren't paying for benefit scroungers' lavish lifestyles? Somebody has to tighten the belt in this country, it's getting out of hand. 

Well bloody hell it's been a good long while since I've been on here - good to see that there's still good threads kicking about.

I've got to say Enrique and Moreno the pair of absolute fucking blends.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Hate is relative isn't it? I don't think I've ever truly hated anyone in my life. However, for the purposes of this thread, I can quite happily go along with that choice of word for the brainless, one-footed, arms-behind-the-back, "roll around seventeen times on the floor screaming like a little girl", shit haired, masculinity-by-tattoo-sleeved-proxy shithouse that is Alberto Moreno. I hold him in lower regard than Enrique's monkey.

• Upvote 4

Sinclair put himself in the running by signing with Aidy Ward, but for current players the one I dislike the most is Dejan Lovren.

It's all well and good not being that good at football, Skrtel isn't that good at football, for example, but I don't dislike him.  The problem with Lovren is that he clearly thinks he's much better than he is, and any time he has a good game or two (which is rare) he gives an interview about how he's going to prove us all wrong and the like.

Not much to really dislike in our current squad, though.  No Sterlings or Dioufs there.  Plenty of average players, and some people dislike them just because they're average, but no personalities that just really make you want to punch them.

Mignolet, that wouldn't change even if Diouf re-signed, truly sick of the sight of him, his hopelessness costs the team big time, he arguably cost us that trophy the other day.

If ever you're looking for a reason not to like Mignolet, just remember that if he had saved this we would have won the title and Gerrard's slip and the Crystal Palace collapse would have been meaningless:

eq.gif

• Upvote 1

Henderson's pointing kills me off. Especially when he gets the ball under zero pressure then passes it and puts someone in the shit. He starts pointing and and shouting.

Or when he has a perfect chance in front of goal and tries to side foot it and place it when he should smash it, or the opposite. Then when he misses he puts his hands on his head like he was unlucky.

• Upvote 1

Surely there are plenty of far less daft, tenuous reasons to dislike him.

Yes, and my previous post pointed out how it's pointless to dislike a player just because they're not very good.  I hadn't realised the posts would be split up by the page break!

But you're certainly right, the dislikeableness of Mignolet is pretty akin to that of Lovren but not as bad.  It's not that he's not that great at football (at this level, anyway), it's more the sense of entitlement he gives off in his interviews.  Or that he's happy to speak to the press when he's had a good game but never says a word when he's done poorly.  Or something akin to those things that's a bit harder to put your finger on.  

Suffice it to say he's not that unlikeable anyway, as a person.  None of our players really are, now that Sterling has gone.

• Upvote 1

I hate certain little things about a few of them. I hate the way Moreno dives and then refuses to get up when we're being counter attacked, even though he knows he's not injured. I hate the way Mignolet screams at the players when he's the one that makes the mistake. I hate the way Mignolet comes out for corners and never gets anywhere near them.

I hate the way Sakho doesn't shout for headers and just barges into the back of our own players. I hate the fact that Dejan Lovren and Moreno have zero ability to read the game. I hate the way we always put Toure up for corners even though he tracks back like a tortoise.

I hate the way Milner and Henderson devise little stupid free kick routines that are overly complex and lead to nothing. I hate the way we whip crosses into the box when we play with Sturridge and play through balls when Benteke is on the field. But most of all i hate Jose Enrique.

• Upvote 3

If ever you're looking for a reason not to like Mignolet, just remember that if he had saved this we would have won the title and Gerrard's slip and the Crystal Palace collapse would have been meaningless:

eq.gif

There was this chocolate wristed effort in another big game from that season...

29-12-2013-GifNumber-39.gif

• 2 weeks later...