You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester 2 Liverpool 0 (Feb 2 2016)

tlw content

leicesterreport2.jpg

Not the result you want when you’ve just screwed over your matchgoing fans and just come out of the January transfer window with only Steven Caulker on loan to show for it. That’s modern day LFC though, completely disinterested in winning and all about the almighty dollar. By not bringing in attacking re-enforcements they’ve effectively just written off this season, because if anyone thinks Sturridge is riding to the rescue they’re completely deluded.

We’re stuck with what we have between now and May, and what we have is a team that has drawn eight blanks in their last 16 games since that malingering twat Sturridge last started a game. Make all the excuses you want about value for money and keeping your powder dry until summer, but as far as I’m concerned they’ve thrown in the towel for this season and are just hoping that Klopp can work some magic and deliver a cup to keep us gobshites digging deep to pay to watch this shit.

It’s just so hard to watch us right now. It’s not fun, it’s a chore and more often than not it just puts me in a foul mood for hours afterwards. Sometimes I tell myself that I hate all these players but I don’t think that’s actually true, it’s just borne out of frustration of watching these performances. That said, there is not a single player in the squad other than Flanagan (and maybe Ings) who I think it would upset me if they were sold. I have no attachment to any of the others, I just have varying degrees of apathy towards most, and simmering anger towards others.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

• Upvote 1

Depressing stuff.  Didn't even make an effort to catch it on some stream last night as I knew it would be the same old.  Only we could put out bad news re ticket prices (& it is rip-off news despite the 'spin' from the club) on the very day such an abject performance is turned out.  Ideally they could have waited until we beat Leicester and then buried it today.  Oh wait...maybe even they realise that waiting on a victory from us would mean delaying renewal forms until the Summer.

leicesterreport2.jpg

Not the result you want when you’ve just screwed over your matchgoing fans and just come out of the January transfer window with only Steven Caulker on loan to show for it. That’s modern day LFC though, completely disinterested in winning and all about the almighty dollar. By not bringing in attacking re-enforcements they’ve effectively just written off this season, because if anyone thinks Sturridge is riding to the rescue they’re completely deluded.

We’re stuck with what we have between now and May, and what we have is a team that has drawn eight blanks in their last 16 games since that malingering twat Sturridge last started a game. Make all the excuses you want about value for money and keeping your powder dry until summer, but as far as I’m concerned they’ve thrown in the towel for this season and are just hoping that Klopp can work some magic and deliver a cup to keep us gobshites digging deep to pay to watch this shit.

It’s just so hard to watch us right now. It’s not fun, it’s a chore and more often than not it just puts me in a foul mood for hours afterwards. Sometimes I tell myself that I hate all these players but I don’t think that’s actually true, it’s just borne out of frustration of watching these performances. That said, there is not a single player in the squad other than Flanagan (and maybe Ings) who I think it would upset me if they were sold. I have no attachment to any of the others, I just have varying degrees of apathy towards most, and simmering anger towards others.

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full report

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. If you are not currently registered on the site, sign up for free and receive a one month FREE no obligation trial subscription, which gives you access to all the members only content for one month.

'My emotions in most games range from sadness to furious anger'  - I read that in the voice of Samuel L Jackson.  

It's shit being us right now isn't it.  Completely depressing. Good article Dave

I'd say there are 11 Leicester players who are better than their Liverpool counterparts. This myth that we've better players but for some reason every other team we play is a better team is doing my head in. Our players are a mixture of plainly over-rated shit or talentless losers. Take your pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd say there are 11 Leicester players who are better than their Liverpool counterparts. This myth that we've better players but for some reason every other team we play is a better team is doing my head in. Our players are a mixture of plainly over-rated shit or talentless losers. Take your pick.

You forgot our heartless and gutless cunts.

Wouldn't argue with any of that, and I haven't even seen the match! I lost what little interest I had in the game yesterday afternoon when I saw that my season ticket is going up by more than £100. 'Taking the piss' doesn't even begin..... Now I've just seen the prices for the final this month, and contemplating spending £72 on a ticket (37% are at this price point) and the thought of another performance like the semi against Villa last year, from which I still haven't recovered!, and wondering......do I really need this shit?

• Upvote 1

"sadness to furious anger" is bang on.

There are now stages in games where I'm actually laughing out loud at the ineptness of these players like when Lallana will opt to turn around and pass backwards from the edge of their box when a shooting chance opened up. Or when Moreno took a throw in directly to a Leicester player on the edge of our box. Or when we're counter attacking and not one player joins Firmino in the box. 

The worrying thing is that the players are putting the effort in but they just don't have the quality about them to score goals. It's shocking how average this team is. 

It beggars belief that we are happy to plod on with our squad as it is until at least the end of the season.

We are spineless literally and figuratively....we lack all the main things that make for a decent side in our league and worst of all we have spent a fucking fortune to assemble such a meek, weak, unbalanced and lacking in quality squad - a squad that we as a football club are seemingly happy with.

A shower of mediocrity and shite who consistently fail to do the basics right.

A team with little pace, little power, little creativity and no edge - worst squad I have seen in my lifetime.

• Upvote 1

It beggars belief that we are happy to plod on with our squad as it is until at least the end of the season.

We are spineless literally and figuratively....we lack all the main things that make for a decent side in our league and worst of all we have spent a fucking fortune to assemble such a meek, weak, unbalanced and lacking in quality squad - a squad that we as a football club are seemingly happy with.

A shower of mediocrity and shite who consistently fail to do the basics right.

A team with little pace, little power, little creativity and no edge - worst squad I have seen in my lifetime.

Hodgson's crowd were worse.

This lot seems to consist of a few who never had it in the first place and a lot who had it elsewhere but incomprehensibly completely fell off the edge after moving here.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Hodgson's crowd were worse.

This lot seems to consist of a few who never had it in the first place and a lot who had it elsewhere but incomprehensibly completely fell off the edge after moving here.

Just the presence of Carra and Gerrard make his squad better.

Just the presence of Carra and Gerrard make his squad better.

Actually may have to hold my hands up on this one, looking back at the squad on wiki I'd forgotten we still had the likes of Dirk and Maxi chipping in upfront and Meireles in midfield. Maybe it was the sheer shitness of Hodgson clouding my memory.

We also had Konchesky, mind.

Actually may have to hold my hands up on this one, looking back at the squad on wiki I'd forgotten we still had the likes of Dirk and Maxi chipping in upfront and Meireles in midfield. Maybe it was the sheer shitness of Hodgson clouding my memory.

We also had Konchesky, mind.

Dagger at the back as well....hodgson of course was totally inept and incapable of getting us performing but the actual squad itself wasn't as bad as the shower we have now

I remember in Rafas first season's the TLW magazine had a picture of Benitez scratching his head at training under the headline "tougher job than you thought Rafa?".

We then became brilliant for a brief while.

So...that means....um..we are going to be just fine...

I don't think Leicester winning will shut down the excuse culture it will just make fsg think its possible to win the league and spend virtually fuck all. Let's copy Leicester and fail miserably because the people who identify players at our club and negotiate are shite.

We have people paid to identify players? 

I'm not buying that, yes the owners dont have a clue, but to say they employ somebody to pick out future players is just crazy talk.

Thats like saying firmino is great in every game, not just one in seven, and that he doesnt go missing in the other six.

Dagger at the back as well....hodgson of course was totally inept and incapable of getting us performing but the actual squad itself wasn't as bad as the shower we have now

Agger was a useful player in his day. He was appallingly shit towards the end though.

I shudder to think what Hodgson would do with this group of players.