You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Agreed. That's a spine.

Xhaka is a mad bastard. 3 red cards this season. Nasty fucker that doesn't like to lose. Would kill for a player like that.

Also technically excellent. Last two season he's gone from box to box alongside Kramer to not sitting in front of the back 4 to allow Dahoud to push further forward

He really is essential to Gladbach so it'll take a big bid to sign him. However he would be perfect for us. A massive upgrade of Lucas and would add additional balance with him being left footed

Also technically excellent. Last two season he's gone from box to box alongside Kramer to not sitting in front of the back 4 to allow Dahoud to push further forward

He really is essential to Gladbach so it'll take a big bid to sign him. However he would be perfect for us. A massive upgrade of Lucas and would add additional balance with him being left footed

And takes a mean free kick !

Four or five real leaders, who would inspire the players we have with some talent like Hendo, Can, Cou and Firmino to play to their potential, instead of stinking the place out with the rest of them, would really transform the team.

Yep. They don't even need to be world class Suarez/Gerrard level for now. But we do need more characters like Reina,Hyypia,Hamann,Alonso etc. From goalkeeper to striker we have no one inspiring at all.

According to the Mail Texeira is signing for that Chinese club in the next 24hours for £35 million. Laughable

Wasn't the main reason for wanting to come to LFC that he wanted exposure to get in the Brazil team? That's not going to happen in China, even worse than the Ukrainian league. I'm gonna go ahead and say that's not happening.

We need to pick one out of Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Teixeira and Milner and stick to him. They're all too similar and blunt. Sell the rest and buy a better striker/goalkeeper.

I wouldn't mind Coutinho being sold. He's a great player but can he do it on a consistent level in a team that looks to him to lead? I don't think so.

He's not a great player. Great players have consistency. He's been a 1 in 6 player for the last season and a half. Him and Firmino are just maddeningly bad most of the time. Flatter to deceive. I blame Suarez. His brilliance mislead us to believe some of his teammates were better than they are.

He's not a great player. Great players have consistency. He's been a 1 in 6 player for the last season and a half. Him and Firmino are just maddeningly bad most of the time. Flatter to deceive. I blame Suarez. His brilliance mislead us to believe some of his teammates were better than they are.

Yet you are infatuated by the quintessential 1-in-10 player Allen. Bananas.

• Upvote 2

Yep. They don't even need to be world class Suarez/Gerrard level for now. But we do need more characters like Reina,Hyypia,Hamann,Alonso etc. From goalkeeper to striker we have no one inspiring at all.

Definitely. We have a few players who are talented, but are clearly followers not leaders, and others who are outright shit.

Firmino recently turned 24 and Coutinho is turning 24 in June. You should expect them to be coming up on their prime in the next two to three seasons. 

Agree on Suarez. Unfortunately he also fooled FSG into thinking they had a great transfer strategy. 

Firmino recently turned 24 and Coutinho is turning 24 in June. You should expect them to be coming up on their prime in the next two to three seasons.

Agree on Suarez. Unfortunately he also fooled FSG into thinking they had a great transfer strategy.

Isn't Suarez the only player that FSG have made a sizeable profit on, for £400m spent? I reckon they've failed if they were meant to be making us sustainable.

We're now so bad at this strategy that we're utterly reliant on the super-inflated television payments that we can spaff on the wages of overpriced, average players in order to just hang on to a second-tier league position.

It's clear we need to go right back to basics, but it won't happen under FSG so we'll be stuck in an endless cycle of mediocrity unless Klopp can work miracles. If he fails then I really can't see any way back. It's disgraceful that it has come to this.

We won't be able to afford him in the summer either. Not sure why we think he'll be cheaper.

They'll be looking to sell in the summer, they'll be more likely to accept bids closer to our valuation because they know they can take £30m and pillage the Brazilian league for 3 new 'Teixiera's'. Of coarse this just means Chelsea or Spurs will swoop in and pip us. Another problem will be us thinking his desire to join us will give us the edge and we won't match wages.