You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

How this tallies with our only signing until the summer being a defender on loan from championship QPR who we wanted to sign two years ago, is anyone's guess.

Id assume Caulker was a committee suggestion. Personally no matter what the journalists say I wont trust the committee is dead and buried until I start to see evidence of some joined up thinking in our transfer dealings.

Sakho for me too looks good when he's diving in and winning tackles but does the basics wrong

Probably stays as back up for me - but wouldn't be gutted to see him go.

Thats the thing - wouldn't be all that arsed if pretty much all of them got jibbed...

How can we only buy 3 or 4 players though when there are so many issues to address?

There is no pace in this team outside of the full backs. Not one player who can play on the shoulder or break through the lines. For years we've purchased technically good midfielders who can neither defend nor attack. We've gone into this season without one player who can even take a good set piece. 

We have no wide players other than a very raw Jordan Ibe. Instead we've purchased a bunch of number 10's, all of whom have no pace and can't shoot very well. 

We have no reliable centre backs. Nobody who can perform to a high standard for longer than three games in a row. 

We have a goalkeeper who is bang average and looks like he needs Steve Peters to hold his hand all the time. 

Where the fuck do you start?

The basics.....a bit of pace and power, the ability to pass the ball to a red shirt....

We don't have enough players who can do the basics well or who have the main basic attributes a good pl side need - we turn our noses up at defenders like Huth for example, call him a yard dog etc. But he can defend, he knows how to defend and what he does he does with authority and does decisively - not like Bambi on ice like our centre halves, not indecisively and tentatively.

It amazes me how bad we are all over the park at the basics...

• Upvote 1

I predict we'll overpay on absolutely bog average players who don't fit together.

We'll follow this up by not bothering to address any glaring issues with the squad in the January 2017 window by which point if Klopp has any sense he'll tell FSG to fuck off and go to manage a club with competent infrastructure and owners who want to win things.

At which point they'll probably increase ticket prices again because the club are mostly compromised of utter cunts. 

I don't think I've ever had as little faith in the future of the club as I do now. I have faith in Klopp, but other than that everything at the club is just shit. 

It seems clear that our best hope is for Rodgers to be hired at one of the new Chinese super clubs and have his first act be to buy all the players he bought for Liverpool, at ridiculously inflated, money laundering prices, in order to prove to the doubters and haters that he can indeed pick a player and guarantee the title to the International Kowtow Lo Mein All Stars, brought to you by Nivea.

• Upvote 1

How can we only buy 3 or 4 players though when there are so many issues to address?

There is no pace in this team outside of the full backs. Not one player who can play on the shoulder or break through the lines. For years we've purchased technically good midfielders who can neither defend nor attack. We've gone into this season without one player who can even take a good set piece.

We have no wide players other than a very raw Jordan Ibe. Instead we've purchased a bunch of number 10's, all of whom have no pace and can't shoot very well.

We have no reliable centre backs. Nobody who can perform to a high standard for longer than three games in a row.

We have a goalkeeper who is bang average and looks like he needs Steve Peters to hold his hand all the time.

Where the fuck do you start?

The spine GK - centre half - centre mid - centre forward. It's an inviolable law of football. Get the spine right and everything else follows. Simple really

And we have next too none of it

Mingolet - Shite

Sakho,Skrtel,Lovren are all average,squads players for a top

Henderson,Allen,Can,Lucas,Milner all offer the same shit. No pace,no power,no great and moving the ball quickly

You cant count Sturridge and Benteke is shite.

Wide/10 ,no final ball or brains between them outside of a seriously inconsistent Coutinho and Firmino

Fullbacks

Clyne,Flanno,bang average at everything going forward but decent in defense.

Moreno just a brainless joke

There is no power or pace through the whole squad.

It coild eadily be the worst squad i have ever seen for us. At least Souness had a few great looking youngsters breaking through in McManaman,Fowler,Redknapp and Jones

• Upvote 1

If you went to Monte Carlo and bet it all on black and the prize was the biggest load of shite in the history of shite, you wouldn't really be that surprised when you saw us pull up in a coach would you ?

It's just utter dogshit through and through.

Sell the fucking lot of them and just start again completely from scratch. 

• Upvote 2

Dubious source (that one with the weird wedge-head) but clutching at straws etc

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/03/rumour-joel-matip-signs-pre-contract-deal-to-join-liverpool-5660935/?

Rumour: Joel Matip signs pre-contract deal to join Liverpool

Liverpool have sealed their first summer signing with Joel Matip reportedly agreeing terms to join from Schalke, according to reports.

Matip was a target for the Reds during the January transfer window but despite the club apparently making an offer, he stayed put.

However, he’s a free agent in the summer and after deciding against penning a new deal, he’s now signed for Liverpool on a Bosman.

According to Corriere dello Sport, the deal is all done and dusted and the player has turned down interest from other clubs to move to Anfield.

Ter Stegen, Matip, Xakha, Teixiera (assuming he was going to be our Suarez lite forward).

Thats a realistic list. Problem is we could do with another left back, if we're after Chilwell I hope it's in place of Alberto Nobraino and not as well as because we could really do with a top fucking leftback like Rodriguez. As well as left back you'd want another out and out striker hopefully in place of Benteke. Let's find the German Vardy.

Can't see how we get through the summer without signing 6 players, 3-4 just seems too little. 

Ter Stegen, Matip, Xakha, Teixiera (assuming he was going to be our Suarez lite forward).

Thats a realistic list. Problem is we could do with another left back, if we're after Chilwell I hope it's in place of Alberto Nobraino and not as well as because we could really do with a top fucking leftback like Rodriguez. As well as left back you'd want another out and out striker hopefully in place of Benteke. Let's find the German Vardy.

Can't see how we get through the summer without signing 6 players, 3-4 just seems too little. 

I'd snap your hand off for us signing three decent footballers in the summer. It's three more than most summers.

• Upvote 2

I'd agree with the number of players we need, but the truth is that players take time to bed in with each other.  The more you change a team, the longer it takes for things to gel.

Although it's the hardest thing to have, (and it seems to get harder every season), patience is still going to be had.  In abundance too, there's no overnight fix for this.

But this shit won't seem so bad in a couple of weeks or so if we deliver one of our monthly "good" performances at Wembley.