You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

PS - I'd be happy to sign either Moura or Reus, good players obviously. However, I'm not sure why they would leave CL clubs to come here at this point. Not impossible, by any means, but not sure how realistic.

Don't worry. They won't.

We won't even try to sign them. They are not the type of players we target or sign. 

I'd say the plural of Vigouroux is Vigouroux. Bit like sheep and fish. Also while we're on that subject it fucks me off to hear people say 1 euro and 10 euros. The plural of euro (currency) is euro so its 10, 11 euro not euros. Also the plural of 1 euro cent is cent too. Anybody that uses the plural of euro as euros needs taken out and shot. Its plain wrong and sounds fucking stupid.

Feel better now.

If I had a pounds for every time I heard that...

• Upvote 3

Hard to disagree with any of that.

Also, I'm not sure if we're still after him, but I don't think Gotze is the type of player or personality that we want or need. Pace, power and staying fit don't seem to be his strong suits.

More importantly he looks like a Chipmunk.

• Upvote 1

Balotelli agent on bogus Besiktas claims: I was DUPED!

Super agent Mino Raiola insists Mario Balotelli was never offered to Besiktas.

Raiola was quoted last week stating he'd offered the Liverpool striker to the Turks.

However, he told Marca: “They made up out of the blue the interest of Besiktas in Balotelli.

“A journalist called me, pretending to be the president of the Turkish club.

"Mario has to return to Liverpool and speak with his Coach Jurgen Klopp."

If we sign Mane for £40m then the club's gone batshit insane. There are players better than him available for half that, 1/4th in some cases. Boufal is a better player and he's touted at £11m.

We could buy Mahrez for that, Lucas Moura or maybe even Reus. It's crazy money. Fuck no to Mane for £40m on 125,000 a week, i'd be absolutely disgusted if we paid £25m for him, let alone £40m.

Not sure what makes 40 million such an emphatic no for Mane but a yes for Mahrez.

He's still well overpriced at £40m,but I get Cardies point.

We're talking degrees of over-priced here though; Mahrez - even at an inflated price -could at least have some level of sanity argued, being player of the season and getting goals and assists by the boat load. Mané at £40m would just be us keeping our Friends of Southampton Benevolence Fund rolling.

Both would be over-priced at £40m, but I think there's a world of difference between them.

• Upvote 1

How many Empoli games did you watch for you to come to the conclusion that he's gonna be great for us?

Hendrick in the two games certainly showed as much if not more than Allen and Henderson over the whole of last season. Whether that's great or not that depends on how highly you rate Allen and Hendo. I don't rate them particularly highly at all, not as much as you do anyway.

I've seen a few times for club and country, probably 4-5 times in total. I've never said he could be great here, I've said he's talented and like him as a player. 

Allen was the official man of the match in the Wales - Slovakia game. I know you seethe at the very idea that Joe Allen could be a good footballer, but not only has he put in numerous good performances for Liverpool this season, (whereas Hendrick plays in the Championship) he's also had a better tournament than Hendrick thus far. 

Also, I don't rate Henderson, but he's infinitely better than Jeff fucking Hendrick, ffs. 

I've seen a few times for club and country, probably 4-5 times in total. I've never said he could be great here, I've said he's talented and like him as a player.

Allen was the official man of the match in the Wales - Slovakia game. I know you seethe at the very idea that Joe Allen could be a good footballer, but not only has he put in numerous good performances for Liverpool this season, (whereas Hendrick plays in the Championship) he's also had a better tournament than Hendrick thus far.

Also, I don't rate Henderson, but he's infinitely better than Jeff fucking Hendrick, ffs.

Allen and "a very good footballer" do not belong in the same sentence unless you have "is not" sandwiched in the middle.

Allen and "a very good footballer" do not belong in the same sentence unless you have "is not" sandwiched in the middle.

You've just made that up. Nowhere in my post did I call Joe Allen "a very good footballer". Please start reading posts more carefully, you're already a pain to respond too as it is.

And of course you didn't address the main point which is that Allen is clearly better than Hendrick. Textbook aRdja.

Joe Allen is a good player. More than happy for him to come on and do a Lucas. Equally just as happy to sell him to the highest bidder and try someone new.

Sturridge and Coutinho are the only ones I'd keep indefinitely if we won the Chinese lotto tomorrow.

Spurs buying one of their young first-teamers for £11m, in the year of super-inflation an' all, sticks in the craw a little.

It's all swings and roundabouts. Sometimes you get a deal, sometimes you pay a lot. All depends on the circumstances. We just most likely added two to our first team for £5M - pace and aerial ability at central defence and a very highly rated young goalie from the Bundesliga.

My argument is if you have money, but not unlimited money, say like us; then a couple of bargains can mitigate having to overpay on others.