You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

We were obviously never interested in Kovacic. Our real targets have been known since the begining of the summer. Chilwell, Dahoud, Zielinski, Gotze and Mane with possibly another centerback as well. We may only be surprised by a target if Gotze keeps rejecting us and Mane is deemed too expensive. Then some new names will come out. Journos haven't said who the centerback could be as well.

What a summer that will be

That'll get us into the top 3 no doubt

Dahoud isnt moving after they lost there other 2 midfielders,40 fucking million for Mane (fuck that) you should be getting 25 goals for that.

Chilwell hasnt played double figures in the top flight. And surely if Zielinski was that good we wouldn't be scared of paying 13ml for him

We were obviously never interested in Kovacic. Our real targets have been known since the begining of the summer. Chilwell, Dahoud, Zielinski, Gotze and Mane with possibly another centerback as well. We may only be surprised by a target if Gotze keeps rejecting us and Mane is deemed too expensive. Then some new names will come out. Journos haven't said who the centerback could be as well.

What a time to be alive

Meh, if anyone thought we would actually be linked with top players after another 8th place finish in the league, then they need to lower their expectations. 

I mean we've signed two Bundesliga players on the cheap and a youngster from Serbia. We're also linked with another young Eastern European player and a young left back who was managed this season by one of Klopp's best friends. If people want to complain about our transfer targets then that's fine, but then they should also be complaining about Klopp because it's pretty clear he is the one who is directing the transfer activity.

Oh look heres the echo

Reds not interested in Kovacic

Any mention of Davis and Delph?

Should we start taking bets as to how long it's gonna take the echo to deny the Kovacic link. 

Liverpool deny that Kovacic is a transfer target. Their transfer shortlist is instead thought to include Steven Davis and Fabian Delph. #lfc (echo)

Could be Jonathan Tah. I've read a few mentions of his name.

He wasn't always played as a 10. He was just mostly used out of position, AS 10, wide or even more forward than that. I think he played twice in his favoured position. Out of position and in a set up that didn't get the best out of him. Not the best mix. No matter how good he is, Suarez wouldn't make a good right back.

Yep he was badly used and he wasn't the only one badly used by Rodgers.

But he did struggle and he wasn't always as a 10.  Shame he didn't het more chances in his favoured role.

I believe monitor comes before interest.

We monitor a player on Monday, take his agent for a drink on Tuesday, we prepare to swoop on Wednesday, and on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, we leak "no interest" on Sunday.

Ian Ayre went to the Craig David school of negotiating. Don't tell Nightcat he might be Walkin away or he may Fill me in.

• Upvote 2

Meh, if anyone thought we would actually be linked with top players after another 8th place finish in the league, then they need to lower their expectations.

I mean we've signed two Bundesliga players on the cheap and a youngster from Serbia. We're also linked with another young Eastern European player and a young left back who was managed this season by one of Klopp's best friends. If people want to complain about our transfer targets then that's fine, but then they should also be complaining about Klopp because it's pretty clear he is the one who is directing the transfer activity.

Fuck lowering expectations. Who'd have thought Klopp would come here?

Quite happy to complain about both.

Fuck lowering expectations. Who'd have thought Klopp would come here?

Plenty of people, given there were reliable sources reporting his interest in managing us ever since he left Dortmund. Klopp was never a pipe dream because it was always apparent we were the correct club for him given his personality. Top players are a different story. There are about 10 other clubs who have more to offer than we do, whether it's because of higher wages, or a more attractive project or European football.

Plenty, given there were reliable sources reporting his interest in managing us ever since he left Dortmund. Klopp was never a pipe dream because it was always apparent we were the correct club for him given his personality. Top players are a different story. There are about 10 other clubs who have more to offer than we do, whether it's higher wages, or a more attractive project or European football.

12 by my count. Can't see many players choosing us over a move to Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Spurs, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus or PSG.

12 by my count. Can't see many players choosing us over a move to Barca, Real Madrid, Atletico, Man City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United, Spurs, Bayern, Dortmund, Juventus or PSG.

It's a completely moot point because we're not targeting the same level of player that most of those clubs are.

I am far from convinced that Zielienski will be a good enough player for us. He wasn't even good enough to play for Udinese last season. Happy to look for a full match replay that would alter my opinion. This is one of a few transfer rumors that i hope would end up with "Welcome to White Hart Lane/Stamford Bridge, etc".

It's a completely moot point because we're not targeting the same level of player that most of those clubs are.

Not unlike Southampton and Everton then.. A bit sad to see some fans have accepted mediocrity.