You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Just been on ceefax football gossip page. Apparently Watford have rejected £25m for Troy Deeney.

I need to stop drinking so much.

You probably should. It closed down in 2012.

I saw that earlier as the price he was going for and thought it was mad. Made up it's not us buying him especially as he was decent against us as well.

• Upvote 2

Deeney's stock is high at the moment

The Deeney number at least gives me hope that Benteke will go for a decent sum this summer. He's not the player for us, but we'll get most of our money back, I'm guessing £25M.

Deeney's coming off the back of a good season, Benteke isn't. I'd suggest closer to £15 million for him is more likely along the lines of the fee we got for Andy Carroll.

Deeney's coming off the back of a good season, Benteke isn't. I'd suggest closer to £15 million for him is more likely along the lines of the fee we got for Andy Carroll.

Dont agree with that

Deeney got 13 in 38

Benteke 9 in 29

Add in that Deeney is 28 in a few days and Benteke is 25. Benteke could be moved on for a fee in the last year of his deal Deeney wont. Benteke has a good history of goals in the league too. The only difference is we want to sell they dont and wages

• Upvote 3

People are so pessimistic and, more importantly, fail to understand the difference in pricing the new TV deal is making.  Benteke will end up going for at least £25m, I wouldn't be surprised if we almost make our money back.

Of course, some of that will go to paying him off as he won't get the same wages wherever he ends up, so we'll probably only net £20m of it, but the overall fee will be at least £25m (unless he outright refuses to move somewhere and we can't get any kind of bidding war going).

That doesn't mean that he wasn't a waste of money, it just means that there are a LOT of clubs with more money than sense and ability to attract big-money players this summer.  Watford turning down £25m for Deeney is a great example of how crazy prices are going to be.  A player that would have been £12m 3 seasons ago is going to be £25m this summer.

The Deeney number at least gives me hope that Benteke will go for a decent sum this summer. He's not the player for us, but we'll get most of our money back, I'm guessing £25M.

You're going to be gutted when we swap Benteke for Deeney.

• Upvote 1

FSG get a shit load of stick, some warranted and some not so in my opinion.

But the one thing that I really don't understand is that for people who are supposed to be shit hot clever business people that no one seems to have gone "hang on, why do we keep buying from Southampton and how are they getting these players before we do?"

• Upvote 1

More importantly, Watford want to keep Deeney. Whilst Benteke is an expensive reserve, behind a midfielder in the pecking order.

ballache

1. An annoying person

2. A severe pain in the testies

1. Man, that boss of mine is a complete ballache

2. Oooh, after that 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' marathon I asm suffering from severe ballache

"Sabrina the teenage witch" is an anagram of "a nice wee shagrat, the bint".
  • Upvote 1

FSG get a shit load of stick, some warranted and some not so in my opinion.

But the one thing that I really don't understand is that for people who are supposed to be shit hot clever business people that no one seems to have gone "hang on, why do we keep buying from Southampton and how are they getting these players before we do?"

Exactly, almost as if this committee shite is a vitrine for JWH and Werner's dodgy deals with Southampton which enable them to overcharge the club and get some money in their pockets, while Southampton are doing some money laundry. It's not though that this kind of things happen in the wonderful and transparent world of football which many anti-corruption Organisations have characterized as the biggest money laundry in Europe, eh?

Exactly, almost as if this committee shite is a vitrine for JWH and Werner's dodgy deals with Southampton which enable them to overcharge the club and get some money in their pockets, while Southampton are doing some money laundry. It's not though that this kind of things happen in the wonderful and transparent world of football which many anti-corruption Organisations have characterized as the biggest money laundry in Europe, eh?

How do you do it on the boat? Just shit down the side?

Care to elaborate on how exactly the money is being laundered and FSG are lining their own pockets? FSG have made and will in all likelihood continue to make mistakes, but explanations for it are unlikely to be found in the incoherent diatribes of a quacking fucking bellend like you.

• Upvote 1

Care to elaborate on how exactly the money is being laundered and FSG are lining their own pockets? FSG have made and will in all likelihood continue to make mistakes, but explanations for it are unlikely to be found in the incoherent diatribes of a quacking fucking bellend like you.

I have explained a million times how it's done. The old drunk did something similar with his son regarding Veron's and Kleberson's signings. Unless you think that the Yank parasites wouldn't do something similar, which is common practice in the football industry. You can shove your ugly dog up your arse.

• Upvote 8

I have explained a million times how it's done. The old drunk did something similar with his son regarding Veron's and Kleberson's signings. Unless you think that the Yank parasites wouldn't do something similar, which is common practice in the football industry. You can shove your ugly dog up your arse.

That is actually funny.

• Upvote 4

But...but...but, isnt that how you catch Shithouse AIDS ?

• Upvote 1