You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Keep saying it but id be amazed if there will be a huge number of outgoings/incomings.

Maybe with the tv money its a possibility. But I don't think the appetite will be there from FSG for a major overhaul after all the moneys that's been spent albeit poorly.

Tis all conjecture but I think Klopp took the job on the basis that the likes of Sakho,Lovren,Lallana,Benteke etc... wont be going anywhere. I think he'll shift some. I could see Moreno, Milner,Lucas,Skrtel but not much more. We'll bring in 3 or 4 new faces hopefully of the required quality to take the team up a level.

But I just cannot see us bringing in 6 or 7 new first teamers. Never going to happen.

Keep saying it but id be amazed if there will be a huge number of outgoings/incomings.

Maybe with the tv money its a possibility. But I don't think the appetite will be there from FSG for a major overhaul after all the moneys that's been spent albeit poorly.

Tis all conjecture but I think Klopp took the job on the basis that the likes of Sakho,Lovren,Lallana,Benteke etc... wont be going anywhere. I think he'll shift some. I could see Moreno, Milner,Lucas,Skrtel but not much more. We'll bring in 3 or 4 new faces hopefully of the required quality to take the team up a level.

But I just cannot see us bringing in 6 or 7 new first teamers. Never going to happen.

The TV money will be going straight in the yanks arse pocket.

We need to pick one out of Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Teixeira and Milner and stick to him. They're all too similar and blunt. Sell the rest and buy a better striker/goalkeeper. 

I wouldn't mind Coutinho being sold. He's a great player but can he do it on a consistent level in a team that looks to him to lead? I don't think so. 

• Upvote 1

We need to pick one out of Firmino, Coutinho, Lallana, Teixeira and Milner and stick to him. They're all too similar and blunt. Sell the rest and buy a better striker/goalkeeper.

I wouldn't mind Coutinho being sold. He's a great player but can he do it on a consistent level in a team that looks to him to lead? I don't think so.

Really? Liverpool have signed better players than Coutinho in the past, but the transfer committee hasn't.

So we should keep the four inferior players...how does that work then?

Get rid of Lallana and Milner because they're shite. It's probably time Teixeira left as well. Buy some players at Coutinho's level in other positions.

Really? Liverpool have signed better players than Coutinho in the past, but the transfer committee hasn't.

So we should keep the four inferior players...how does that work then?

Get rid of Lallana and Milner because they're shite. It's probably time Teixeira left as well. Buy some players at Coutinho's level in other positions.

Think we'll fetch a decent price for Coutinho as opposed to the other wasters. I'm all for keeping Phil but frankly I'm sick to death of us being shit at scoring goals/saving goals. 

Enrique, Toure, Lucas, Bogdan, Balotelli won't provide a penny. This lot would though - Lovren, Milner, Benteke, Sturridge, Moreno, Lallana, Allen, Ilori, Skrtel, and you'd imagine he's at least considering selling these (although probably not all).

Clyne, Coutinho, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Sakho, Mignolet, Can, Origi, Ings, Ibe, Flanagan. This lot are all safe, I reckon. Possibly he rates Skrtel/Lovren above Sakho, hard to tell with the centre backs. But flog most of the first list for £40m/£50m, FSG adds a similar amount, we buy four first teamers, keep the likes of Brannagan, Kent, Ojo, Smith, and Rossiter to pad out the squad.

That's what I'd like to see anyway. We just can't be getting rid of our best player.

Bascombe seems to think that the committee barely exists since this year anyway, such is the deferment to the manager on valuation, that Klopp is the one calling the shots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/12135462/Liverpool-in-the-transfer-window-Why-were-they-so-quiet.html

Because Klopp won’t let short-term necessities interfere with his long-term plan. He’s taken a decision based on the next three years rather than three months. There will be those who will suggest it is the club’s owners failing to back their new manager, but such claims belong in a Pixar script.

We’ve also got to get away from references to the Liverpool transfer ‘committee’. That is so 2012-15. We know the club tries to pretend it didn’t really exist even though one of their former employees coined the phrase, but in fairness the concept is overplayed more than Jose Enrique in a cup run. It has been from the moment Brendan Rodgers asked for Christian Benteke and got him for £32 million despite the serious reservations of senior recruitment staff. Just months after this, it is preposterous when anyone suggests the Liverpool manager does not get backing.

The current situation has seen the recruitment staff defer to Klopp. He could not have made it clearer the bidding for Teixeira ended not only with his support, but also at his request. He has other players he wants who will be available in the summer and not now. He’ll have a significant budget before next season.

How this tallies with our only signing until the summer being a defender on loan from championship QPR who we wanted to sign two years ago, is anyone's guess.

Bascombe seems to think that the committee barely exists since this year anyway, such is the deferment to the manager on valuation, that Klopp is the one calling the shots.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/12135462/Liverpool-in-the-transfer-window-Why-were-they-so-quiet.html

Because Klopp won’t let short-term necessities interfere with his long-term plan. He’s taken a decision based on the next three years rather than three months. There will be those who will suggest it is the club’s owners failing to back their new manager, but such claims belong in a Pixar script.

We’ve also got to get away from references to the Liverpool transfer ‘committee’. That is so 2012-15. We know the club tries to pretend it didn’t really exist even though one of their former employees coined the phrase, but in fairness the concept is overplayed more than Jose Enrique in a cup run. It has been from the moment Brendan Rodgers asked for Christian Benteke and got him for £32 million despite the serious reservations of senior recruitment staff. Just months after this, it is preposterous when anyone suggests the Liverpool manager does not get backing.

The current situation has seen the recruitment staff defer to Klopp. He could not have made it clearer the bidding for Teixeira ended not only with his support, but also at his request. He has other players he wants who will be available in the summer and not now. He’ll have a significant budget before next season.

How this tallies with our only signing until the summer being a defender on loan from championship QPR who we wanted to sign two years ago, is anyone's guess.

This sounds as it should be.

In the Summer window Klopp will be able to call on the pick of his German players/contacts and this I can understand,but I am willing to guess Klopp has a few already lined up.

This sounds as it should be.

In the Summer window Klopp will be able to call on the pick of his German players/contacts and this I can understand,but I am willing to guess Klopp has a few already lined up.

Hopefully they are better than the Rodgers signings. My worry would be that Klopp didn't hold the sway of power at Dortmund in regards to purchases, but really I don't know enough about it.

I'd put everyone in the shop window in the summer barre Coutinho. Non of them are indispensable. There's a couple of them that can be moulded into a competent team, but non barre Coutinho that you can really build a team around. 

There are a number of players in the squad that the club should be giving free Mandarin lessons to. if Chelsea can get £25m for Ramires, and Athletico can make a £6m profit on Martinez in six months when he has scored 3 in 22, then surely we can find Clubs in China to take a few off our hands at a decent price.

There are a number of players in the squad that the club should be giving free Mandarin lessons to. if Chelsea can get £25m for Ramires, and Athletico can make a £6m profit on Martinez in six months when he has scored 3 in 22, then surely we can find Clubs in China to take a few off our hands at a decent price.

China buys Liverpool. Finally!

• Upvote 2

I would jib all these in the summer:

Mignolet

Bogdan

Enrique

Moreno

Skrtel

Lovren

Toure

Allen

Lucas

Lallana

Milner

Sturridge

Balotelli

Benteke

Probably around 90m for that lot at a push.

Sakho for me too looks good when he's diving in and winning tackles but does the basics wrong

I'm convinced we will be seeing at the very least 3-4 incoming players in the summer, but I'm more intrigued by how many players he will let go of. I would really like to see a proper revamp of the squad, just want to see players that are on the same wavelength.

How can we only buy 3 or 4 players though when there are so many issues to address?

There is no pace in this team outside of the full backs. Not one player who can play on the shoulder or break through the lines. For years we've purchased technically good midfielders who can neither defend nor attack. We've gone into this season without one player who can even take a good set piece. 

We have no wide players other than a very raw Jordan Ibe. Instead we've purchased a bunch of number 10's, all of whom have no pace and can't shoot very well. 

We have no reliable centre backs. Nobody who can perform to a high standard for longer than three games in a row. 

We have a goalkeeper who is bang average and looks like he needs Steve Peters to hold his hand all the time. 

Where the fuck do you start?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1