You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

JP was looking for 3-minute Wijnaldum videos on Youtube and ended up watching Eric Wynalda instead.

I saw most of the games under Rafa, like the rest of you my memory is not perfect.Thinking about it I do recall him starting quite a few of Rafas first few games, he was putting him in different positions trying to get him to perform but he didn't.When it came to the crunch games at the end he was dropped.

Yer Ma.

When I see replies like this from certain posters I know I'm talking sense.I haven't had any replies from Russ Atmosphere in a while and I hope it's not because of my comments in the gimp thread.He is one of the best posters on here imo and I said those things because he pissed me off in the Rodgers thread.He asked a question about Rodgers, criticised me when I didn't reply and when I did said get over it like I was bringing up Rodgers myself.

Now I feel I may have been too harsh and should have just took it as a joke, he has my blessing to take the piss out of my posts when he feels like it.

I saw most of the games under Rafa, like the rest of you my memory is not perfect.Thinking about it I do recall him starting quite a few of Rafas first few games, he was putting him in different positions trying to get him to perform but he didn't.When it came to the crunch games at the end he was dropped.

This really isn't going in is it ? 36 starts out of 38. Obviously those final 2 were crunch time.

Yea, because Rafa always gets people to perform well by playing them out of position.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Upvote 1

I don't get your joke but while your taking the piss you insulted Klopp more than I ever have a few pages back.You said you think he's been told he can only spend a certain amount or something like that, if that's true he's a bigger yes man than Rodgers ever was.

The only time Rodgers had to spend what he received was last summer when the fans had took away his power.If Klopp has agreed to spend a small amount and signed a new contract while that's the case then he's a bigger yes man and a bigger problem.

* Pats JP on the head *

When I see replies like this from certain posters I know I'm talking sense.I haven't had any replies from Russ Atmosphere in a while and I hope it's not because of my comments in the gimp thread.He is one of the best posters on here imo and I said those things because he pissed me off in the Rodgers thread.He asked a question about Rodgers, criticised me when I didn't reply and when I did said get over it like I was bringing up Rodgers myself.

Now I feel I may have been too harsh and should have just took it as a joke, he has my blessing to take the piss out of my posts when he feels like it.

Quack quack

I don't read your posts, mate.

• Upvote 1

Just reading cloggy's scouting report link and if Winjaldum was captaining PSV as a young lad, what with Klavan being the Estonian captain, that is at least a good sign of deficiencies in that area being improved upon.

He started six of their last eight games, including the final three.

Seriously mate, stop digging.

Just reading cloggy's scouting report link and if Winjaldum was captaining PSV as a young lad, what with Klavan being the Estonian captain, that is at least a good sign of deficiencies in that area being improved upon.

Except our captain is still Jordan Henderson.

Wijnaldum hit goals against Chelsea, Us, Spurs, United, and West Ham.  He also had that ridiculous 4 goal effort against Norwich.   

Sounds perfect when Henderson and Lallana are missing gaping goal mouths.

Goals from our Midfield reads:

Coutinho

*crickets*

If he's going to play in a midfield 2, then I think this is a very valid point.  Klopp tried and tried to get us into a 4-2-3-1 that counterattacked last season, only we didn't have the pace out wide or the dynamism/athleticism in midfield to make it work.  And one of the big failings was goals, we were very short of them with only 50 league goals.  Another 5 goals from midfield would go a long way to fixing that problem.

The real issue is that I don't think Wijnaldum is going to be playing in a midfield 2.  I think he's more of a squad option in any of the 3 positions behind the striker.  And I can't understand why we're spending 20-25m on him if that's the case - we already have Lallana for that, and even if he's an upgrade on Ojo or Markovic behind him, it's not that big of an upgrade.

That money would be MUCH better spent on a player to be first choice in that midfield 2 alongside Can (or Henderson on occasion).  I don't have a problem with adding Wijnaldum and his goals to our midfield, but I do have a problem with it if it means an opportunity cost that means we can't add a Goretzka or a Dahoud.  The dropoff from Dahoud to Henderson in terms of league points is a bigger one than the dropoff from Wijnaldum to Lallana/Ojo, in other words.

• Upvote 1

He started six of their last eight games, including the final three.

Seriously mate, stop digging.

I saw the games, as I said I don't have a photographic memory but he didn't play certain games and Rafa was trying him in different positions.Ive known about Wijnaldum for years and always wondered why he spent so long in Holland, watching him last season fuck up at crucial moments I started to understand why it took so long and why he ended up at Newcastle.

He is a decent player and has potential but we have several players who can do a better job as a cm or am.I think we need a different kind of player in the cm who will dictate the play, Coutinho would do a much better job than him as a cm or number 10.

If he's going to play in a midfield 2, then I think this is a very valid point. Klopp tried and tried to get us into a 4-2-3-1 that counterattacked last season, only we didn't have the pace out wide or the dynamism/athleticism in midfield to make it work. And one of the big failings was goals, we were very short of them with only 50 league goals. Another 5 goals from midfield would go a long way to fixing that problem.

The real issue is that I don't think Wijnaldum is going to be playing in a midfield 2. I think he's more of a squad option in any of the 3 positions behind the striker. And I can't understand why we're spending 20-25m on him if that's the case - we already have Lallana for that, and even if he's an upgrade on Ojo or Markovic behind him, it's not that big of an upgrade.

That money would be MUCH better spent on a player to be first choice in that midfield 2 alongside Can (or Henderson on occasion). I don't have a problem with adding Wijnaldum and his goals to our midfield, but I do have a problem with it if it means an opportunity cost that means we can't add a Goretzka or a Dahoud. The dropoff from Dahoud to Henderson in terms of league points is a bigger one than the dropoff from Wijnaldum to Lallana/Ojo, in other words.

Spot on, I haven't seen Dahoud but if he is as good as some say and is the kind of player who controls the midfield it would be worth breaking the bank for him as we badly need that kind of player.

We've been getting bullied in midfield for the last few years, I don't see a number 10 playing in cm as the answer.

* Pats JP on the head *

Klopp has lied to fans. Now covering his arse for 7m a yr. Not a yes man though obviously #lfc

Got that of Twitter and that's what you basically said without critisicing Klopp.If anyone believes Klopp is signing the players he is because of FSG then he is a bigger yes man than Rodgers ever was.

• Downvote 2

I've always said Rafa was my favourite manager and the reason I did not want Rodgers sacked is because of what happened after Rafa was sacked.

I would still take Rodgers back but because of the lack of patience among our fanbase I don't think it would work out with the work that has to be done.Rafa would sort the team out easily with the money available so that's why I want him back.

I said myself I know it's too early to make judgements about Klopp and I was holding back with my opinions, seeing as everyone was deciding Rodgers is fucked at Celtic after one month and one game I assumed it was fair to talk about Klopp.

I'm not bothered if anyone replies but calling people stupid makes you look like you are if you think I'm a troll based on what I've said on this site.If we were signing Reus, Gundogan and Hummels and I was complaining you'd have a point.The fact is we are targeting players who didn't start for a team which was relegated.

Also you say I haven't been getting bites talking about Rodgers, maybe that's because I haven't been talking about him.If I wanted to I could point out some home truths about things Rodgers has done better than Klopp but I feel my point has been proven long ago.

17koxk.jpg

• Upvote 2

I know he was a great man, but some pics of Gandhi make it look like the tache and nose come off with the glasses.

Maybe they did, would have been a perfect disguise against those British imperialists while on his march to the sea.

"Here Johnny old chap isn't that Gandhi?"

*Gandhi quickly removes glasses nose & tash combo*

"My mistake, it's just a Zombie"

• Upvote 1

Not going to pretend I've seen him play (because why the fuck would any Liverpool fan be watching Borussia Monchengladbach games last season?) but the impression I get from reading up on Dahoud is that he's a highly promising youngster with a lot of growing still to do, who probably isn't ready for a big move yet. That doesn't exactly line up with the views our fans put forward of this absolute world beater who will walk into our team and instantly transform the midfield.

If people on here still have reservations about Emre Can, who just started in midfield for Germany in a Euros semi final, is a regular in their squad and was captaining the U21's before that, where does all the faith in a young lad who is only just breaking into their U21 side come from?

• Upvote 7