You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Ha, they want £27m for him.

in all fairness we've done business with Newcastle before got screwed. They went and made the details of the deal public about the bid etc.

This is one of their better players under contract and we've come knocking again. If you were in their position what you do ?

Just so I'm clear, in discussing the ousting of managers, the equation you're making is this:

Rafa replaced by Hodgson is equal to

Rodgers replaced by Klopp

and therefore

Rafa = Rodgers

Hodgson = Klopp

If I'm wrong, could you please clarify.

The poaition we are in now is the same as what happened after Rafa left, we had a manager who was doing a very good job but after one bad season he gets sacked.After that the new manager comes in and the bad season the manager was sacked for then becomes the norm, we also start buying players who are not at the same level as we were buying before.

I may be proved wrong and I know it's too early to judge Klopp, part of me feels we may scrape a place in the cl due to not being in Europe.My head is telling me this is going to be a waste of time under Klopp and that things will go the same way as after Rafa left.

Give Klopp his two seasons or whatever but if he fucks up its time all the fans to realise we need Rafa back.When that time comes they need to push for Rafa like they did with Klopp, Rafa would easily sort us out right now with the low expectations and big money.

• Downvote 5

Wijnaldum is a decent player but I didn't understand the fervour for Zielinski and this makes even less sense.

Are we meant to be selling Lallana?  Because the only way this seems to make any sense at all would be if he were leaving for 10m more than we were paying for Wijnaldum.  What does Wijnaldum offer that we don't already have in Lallana?  Attacking midfield is probably the most overstocked position in our squad right now!

The poaition we are in now is the same as what happened after Rafa left, we had a manager who was doing a very good job but after one bad season he gets sacked.After that the new manager comes in and the bad season the manager was sacked for then becomes the norm, we also start buying players who are not at the same level as we were buying before.

I may be proved wrong and I know it's too early to judge Klopp, part of me feels we may scrape a place in the cl due to not being in Europe.My head is telling me this is going to be a waste of time under Klopp and that things will go the same way as after Rafa left.

Give Klopp his two seasons or whatever but if he fucks up its time all the fans to realise we need Rafa back.When that time comes they need to push for Rafa like they did with Klopp, Rafa would easily sort us out right now with the low expectations and big money.

It really seems like you are just bitter because Rodgers got sacked.

It was absurdly wrong to sack Rafa and hire Hodgson, but half a decade has passed ffs.

Wijnaldum is a decent player but I didn't understand the fervour for Zielinski and this makes even less sense.

Are we meant to be selling Lallana? Because the only way this seems to make any sense at all would be if he were leaving for 10m more than we were paying for Wijnaldum. What does Wijnaldum offer that we don't already have in Lallana? Attacking midfield is probably the most overstocked position in our squad right now!

He scores more goals than Lallana.

I wonder if he's going to come in to compete with Can, Henderson, Grujic and Milner for a centre mid position? He can also provide cover for Coutinho and Firmino.

Hes a lot more attacking minded than I'd like to see playing centre mid for us but I suppose it gets more goals in the team.

This is assuming Markovic, Allen and Lucas are all off.

Wijnaldum's a good player, versatile, full of energy and an eye for goal. Depends on what kind of fee Newcastle are looking for anything north of 15mil no thanks.

Liverpool have targeted Newcastle's Georginio Wijnaldum and will look to complete a deal that could cost £20million. (Paul Joyce)

He scores more goals than Lallana.

I wonder if he's going to come in to compete with Can, Henderson, Grujic and Milner for a centre mid position? He can also provide cover for Coutinho and Firmino.

Hes a lot more attacking minded than I'd like to see playing centre mid for us but I suppose it gets more goals in the team.

This is assuming Markovic, Allen and Lucas are all off.

OK, maybe a few, but over the course of the season he'll probably only get 15-20 leagu starts for us, max, so the difference is going to be pretty small.  Other than that he's pretty much the same as Lallana, right down to the "I already beat this man, but I'll slow down to let him catch up so I can try to do it again" problem.

If someone could ever get him to stop doing that he could be another Phil Coutinho, but I wouldn't put too much money on it.

Wijnaldum would be a crap signing. Will be overpriced and doesn't improve our midfield as he isn't someone who can play alongside Can in a two. Maybe Klopp wants to play a midfield three with Can, Henderson and Wijanldum, then? Still don't think that's any good. Know nothing about the quality of the Augsburg defender but Transfermarkt says he can also play left back, so he would also offer cover for Moreno.

Are we meant to be selling Lallana? Because the only way this seems to make any sense at all would be if he were leaving for 10m more than we were paying for Wijnaldum. What does Wijnaldum offer that we don't already have in Lallana? Attacking midfield is probably the most overstocked position in our squad right now!

Spot on, another baffling signing.

• Downvote 1

Two new centre-backs?

#LFC closing in on a £4.2m deal for Ragnar Klavan & will then pursue another experienced defender. (James Pearce)

Once a deal for Klavan has been struck, Klopp will pursue another experienced defender. #lfc (James Pearce)

Klopp is also keen to bring in another centre-back over the coming weeks to provide cover following recent injury setbacks. (James Pearce)

Two new centre-backs?

#LFC closing in on a £4.2m deal for Ragnar Klavan & will then pursue another experienced defender. (James Pearce)

Once a deal for Klavan has been struck, Klopp will pursue another experienced defender. #lfc (James Pearce)

Klopp is also keen to bring in another centre-back over the coming weeks to provide cover following recent injury setbacks. (James Pearce)

supposedly klavan can play left back too