You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

If he could stay fit, Badstuber would be the perfect signing. Talented, has experience at a massive club and would be cheap as he is in the last year of his contract. In this moment I can't think of too many other experienced Bundesliga CB's who would be available. Dante, maybe?

Nil Satis Nisi Whopper

I'm not the whopper, some fans have lost it or don't want to admit they were wrong.Ive seen fans say Rodgers should have been sacked when he missed out on the title and he was when we weren't in a position to challenge for the title at the end of October.Now it looks like we'll be lucky to challenge for fourth, fans are happy and Klopps been given a 6 year contract.

He was questioned the other day about how badly he wants to win the title and he laughed in the journos face like he thought he was crazy, LFC fans were saying what a man Klopp is, wtf is going on?

I don't see what everyone is so happy about, it seems like everyone loves Klopp so much because he comes across like a normal fan.Personally I preferred having a genius in control like Rafa who's forgot more about football than the average fan knows.

• Downvote 5

Personally I preferred having a genius in control like Rafa who's forgot more about football than the average fan knows.

One bad result in europe for Rodgers and you've ditched him already for Rafa. Where's your loyalty JP???? Where is it ?

Not going to lie but it's disheartening that there's a fucking boatload of money swashing around everywhere and our solution to the left back issue to splash out £7-10m on a young lad with about 12 games to his name as back up to the existing problem.

Can't say I'd be overly arsed if we don't get Zielinski either as I'm not sure what he's bringing that we don't already have but if we want both of these then stop fucking arsing around and get it done instead of briefing journo's left right and centre with the same story about it being difficult.

Just shit or get off the pot, get these players in so they can get training with us.

Having said that it wouldn't surprise me that the deals are just hinging on getting rid of Benteke beforehand.

All of This.....

I know it's ' In Klopp we Trust ' etc. but that would not be an acceptable window in my opinion.

We would be somewhere near turning a profit even before the tv money & still leave left back & midfield as weaknesses.

I don't think it would be a good window, by any stretch, but it would be better than any in the last 7 years. We have to start somewhere.

Crawl, walk and then run

Klopp has never been a manager that has spent huge amounts of money on already proven players. He is a manager that buys young players with potential and makes them world class.

If FSG wanted a manager to come in for 3 years they would have gone for a Morinho type manager to come in for 3 years but they havent that is why Klopp has been given an extension on his contract.

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

We're still recovering from the fucking mess the last manager caused, still have his shite to get rid off. I am still scratching my head that they let the bluffing twat spend all that money last summer.

Did anyone think that Klopp would come in and magically fix the few years of championship manager style buying that the last manager made, if you did then you're in for a bad time.

Klopp will continue to get the best from the players he inherited and hopefully shift the shit. One of the main reasons fans hate seeing a manager get the sack is that they know they are in for a period of transition while all this takes place and he gets the team he wants that can do the job he wants.

This is nothing new in the world of football but reading some comments (you know who) it would appear to be a shock to them. Klopp has form for taking over teams, getting the right players in and winning things. Rodgers has form for being fucking gash and talking a lot. 

My expectations have not been lowered but my patience is going to have to be stretched but I am sure in the end to will all be worth it. I trust Klopp knows what he is doing and I believe we will get there, not tomorrow but at some time. 

Oh and with six weeks left of the transfer window some need to take a break from all of this if they can't cope. 

• Upvote 7

Too much negativity on here at the moment. 8th last season was not good enough. So let's look at that. We started with Rodgers. Klopp came in. He had no preseason and little in the way of proper training, as the matches were coming thick and fast. Some of the attacking play really started to click, even as we were depleted up front at times. We were scoring goals and there were signs the pressing game was coming along.

Obviously the whole thing was undermined by a dodgy goalie and an imbalanced squad, but even with that for a while there we were in with a shout of fourth. With a few games to go, once the top four was gone, Klopp focused on the Europa. We could have got at a couple of spots higher the league if that didn't happen, but the manager seemed to 'get us' and he went all out for the trophy he could win. That's what we exist for, after all.

Unfortunately we fell apart in the second half against Sevilla and it wasn't to be. Two finals and eighth in the league, with some decent signs and some big nights, with another man's flawed squad. Signs for hope there.

Onto this season. I'm expecting a good showing in the league. We will be prepared for every game. The team is looking more balanced than before. We've improved at goalkeeper, centre back and on the wing, with a useful looking man mountain added to the midfield for more depth. If the manager wants to work with Moreno to improve him, he's more than earned that right. And if he wants to bring in a young left back to compete with Moreno, fine by me.

Another thing that is happening is the departure of a number of players. Good. We need it. This time the difference is we are getting a few bob in for them. We also seem to be showing some backbone by not letting players go for a pittance.

We have a decent team and it has improved with the signings made. Training and coaching will see it improve further, and the natural progression of younger players who grow will also see it improve some more. I'm excited about the season to come. I think we can give it a good go in the league.

Cheer up everyone!

• Upvote 7

Not sure why everyone is so disappointed with the window. We're in the middle of july and are a left back and midfielder away from fixing most of our problems. It confuses me when everyone can be so bullish about Klopp as a manager but then be so against his philosophy in the transfer market. 

When Rodgers was sacked, I myself wanted Ancelotti to get the job because he is the type of manager with the pedigree to attract world class players wherever he goes due to his standing in the game. Klopp was a fine choice and he's the type of manager who can make supporters dream, but he has a very specific way of working, a way which incidently coincides perfectly with FSG's way of working. That means we'll sign lots of young players, many of whom people will have never heard of before. That's just the reality many supporters will have to start grasping.

Fixing our problems aren't enough when our neighbours have all upgraded unfortunately.

Because of the steps back we took under the previous manager clubs are ahead of us now, we need to catch up. I think a lot of us realise this. 

Unfortunately we can't just spend our way out of this, we've dropped low enough that we cannot attract the right players for the right reasons.

The catch 22 is that we need to show consistency in the top 4 and the CL in order to get those world class players here. The hope of course is that we can grow our own and at the same time keep hold of them, in order to do that they need to believe we are on the way up and of course we need to win things. I've seen a few people claim FSG keep seeing our best players, well maybe but you can't hold on to your best players if they think you're going nowhere, ask Everton. 

Basically if Klopp can't fix us and there's no rich buyers waiting in the wings then we're fucked. I like to believe Klopp can fix us, just remember Rodgers and Co put us back a bit on teams that have been improving while we were funding their improvement. 

Fixing our problems aren't enough when our neighbours have all upgraded unfortunately.

What other clubs do in the transfer market means nothing. You can only look to improve yourself and fix your own weaknesses. City "won" the transfer window last summer and everyone said they would sweep all before them yet they only finished 4th. 

I'm going to wait until we've played a few games of competitive football this season before deciding whether or not we're shit.

Klopp has a task on his hands but if anyone can do it, it's him. We have no Europe this season. Treat every game like it's the Mancs at home. Stop letting shit sides believe they can have us, go at every one full-fucking-pelt. The fans have to play their part too.

I think we'll get top 4 quite comfortably and I'm excited for the season ahead. A few more editions and I'll be even more so.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why everyone is so disappointed with the window. We're in the middle of july and are a left back and midfielder away from fixing most of our problems. It confuses me when everyone can be so bullish about Klopp as a manager but then be so against his philosophy in the transfer market. 

When Rodgers was sacked, I myself wanted Ancelotti to get the job because he is the type of manager with the pedigree to attract world class players wherever he goes due to his standing in the game. Klopp was a fine choice and he's the type of manager who can make supporters dream, but he has a very specific way of working, a way which incidently coincides perfectly with FSG's way of working. That means we'll sign lots of young players, many of whom people will have never heard of before. That's just the reality many supporters will have to start grasping.

The limits of this team were clearly demonstrated in the second half of the Europa final.

Nothing in terms of new recruits so far looks set to radically change that so personally I am disappointed yes. 

Pointless loaning Lucas as he's not a youngster. Apparently Galatasaray agreed a 1m Euro fee with them but it depends on Lucas agreeing to reduce his wages.

Markovic is a disappointment as I thought he would be really good for us having watched him the season before. Just no signs of the good player he was in Portugal and seems to have lost his pace for some reason. Maybe I thought he was faster than what he was.

Hopefully we can flog Luis Alberto for a similar fee to what we paid. Wouldn't think we would get much for illori. We don't want to loan him out again.