You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Why the fuck is signing Dahoud difficult?

Just pay what they want and get him in. We overpay for tripe all the time. Why not overpay for quality?

It's weird how we do this. We massively overpay for mediocrity then pull faces over a few million on a player who may actually improve the team.

• Upvote 2

It's weird how we do this. We massively overpay for mediocrity then pull faces over a few million on a player who may actually improve the team.

It's not weird at all. It's the Boaton Gangsters policy to overpay for domestic frauds which can hand them a decent profit under the table.

• Upvote 2

Insua was worse the tubby cunt. So was Djimi.

djimi won a champions league and an fa cup so not that bad. konchesky bjornebye ziege staunton 2nd time around. aurelio was decent for a while. riise was largely shite at left back. we havent had a decent one since steve nicol who wasnt even a left back.

• Upvote 1

So we're looking for too much money for the lamp post, killing any chance of a deal with Palace and that's affecting Klopp's budget.

Just bite their hands off, get rid of the uselsss cunt and start spending the massive new tv deal on our squad.  Heaven forbid FSG might actually have to put their hands in their pockets for once.

• Upvote 1

Barca were allegedly interested but they just signed that Lucas Digne.

David Anderson ‏@MirrorAnderson

Am told Liverpool made a fresh approach for Lucas Digne before he agreed to join Barcelona from PSG. Reds tried to sign him last summer.

Am also told that Liverpool could have had him for less than the £16.7m paid by Barcelona.

Liverpool were also looking at Ben Chilwell and decided to bid for him rather than Digne, although Leicester rejected their offer.

Fenerbahce are reporting on their club website that Martin Skrtel has passed his medical.

Skrtel will now complete his £5.5million move from Liverpool, ending his eight-and-a-half year association with the Reds. Played 320 games.

Swap Markovic for Talisca?

I no speak portuguese, but it seems to me it's Sporting that is being linked to him on the front page not Benfica. Jorge Jesus is the current Sporting trainer (albeit former Benfica manager), 'leoes' means Lions I think (Sporting's nickname if I'm not mistaken, Benfica's is the eagles) and finally there's a massive Sporting in the middle of the page. I'm going with Sporting here.

• Upvote 3

Arda Turan ready to leave Barca. Answer for our CM?

Juventus linked with a classic "juventus" deal - loan with an option to buy. Fuckers got so many quality players for free or loan to buy. Nothing to lose there with the loan option. But I guess he'll chose Juve over Liverpool since he's 30, wants CL and we're not in it for at least another season.

As part of Sky Sports’ preview to the new campaign, European Cup winning captain Phil Thompson has given his summer wishlist, looking at what Liverpool need to do in the transfer market.

He’s only gone and asked for Higuain and Alonso... as well as Joe Allen to stay.

If Christian Benteke and Mario Balotelli go then I’d still like to see another striker come in. I’ve been saying for a few years that I’d like to see Liverpool try and tempt Gonzalo Higuain away from Napoli.

Another one, after Pep Guardiola left Bayern, would be to bring Xabi Alonso back to do a Gary Mcallister and spend his final few years at Liverpool. I think it would help Emre Can and Jordan Henderson understand the role and I still think he’s one of the best passes around. I know he loved every minute of his time with Liverpool.

I’d also like to see Joe Allen stay and I’ve been saying that for a long time. Has was one of our most consistent performers after Christmas and deserves a new deal and more playing time.

Isn't he an amc?

I guess so, but he played CM for Atletico. I don't see him as a Cou or Firmino type of player. More a player to play alongside Can. But I don't know how much truth there is in the "running" rumors and him being lazy.

Arda Turan ready to leave Barca. Answer for our CM?

Juventus linked with a classic "juventus" deal - loan with an option to buy. Fuckers got so many quality players for free or loan to buy. Nothing to lose there with the loan option. But I guess he'll chose Juve over Liverpool since he's 30, wants CL and we're not in it for at least another season.

Usually anyone else and i'm inclined to agree, but Turan is a massive Liverpool fan. If we wanted him we'd have as much a chance as any.

Turan has virtually begged to come to Liverpool for about 10 years and we still haven't ever made a move. God knows why we would now that he's 30.

Him and Jonas Hector just make too much sense, don't they?

He's gone, get over it.

I no speak portuguese, but it seems to me it's Sporting that is being linked to him on the front page not Benfica. Jorge Jesus is the current Sporting trainer (albeit former Benfica manager), 'leoes' means Lions I think (Sporting's nickname if I'm not mistaken, Benfica's is the eagles) and finally there's a massive Sporting in the middle of the page. I'm going with Sporting here.

Ah - thanks for the correction.