You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Maybe Gotze was unsure about Klopp's intentions after another FSG summer transfer fraud. He might have also been suspicious about Klopp being replaced by some domestic media friendly fraudster.

or klopp doesnt want him.

Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg to Southampton for 12.8ml. I guess we will be buying him next year for 35ml then.

That is a fantastic buy from Southampton and I'm not sure why we weren't interested in him. He's got everything to be a top player. 

Liverpool defender Nathaniel Clyne has reportedly been offered to Barcelona, who rejected the opportunity to sign the England full-back. 

Barca are said to be in the market for a right-back after Dani Alves left the Nou Camp to join Juventus.

According to The Sunday Times, Clyne “has become dissatisfied with his status since Jurgen Klopp’s arrival as manager” and the former Southampton full-back was “informally offered” to Barca.

The Catalans, however, passed on the opportunity to recruit the 25-year-old, given their finances are somewhat stretched after renewing Neymar’s contract.

Clyne made 52 appearances for Liverpool last season after joining from Southampton for £12.5million last summer.

Liverpool defender Nathaniel Clyne has reportedly been offered to Barcelona, who rejected the opportunity to sign the England full-back. 

Barca are said to be in the market for a right-back after Dani Alves left the Nou Camp to join Juventus.

According to The Sunday Times, Clyne “has become dissatisfied with his status since Jurgen Klopp’s arrival as manager” and the former Southampton full-back was “informally offered” to Barca.

The Catalans, however, passed on the opportunity to recruit the 25-year-old, given their finances are somewhat stretched after renewing Neymar’s contract.

Clyne made 52 appearances for Liverpool last season after joining from Southampton for £12.5million last summer.

200_s.gif

Strange signing for Spurs if they get Gotze.

They've got Alli and Eriksen already who like to play in his position. I have no doubt though that wherever he goes he'll be brilliant and we'll be able to add him to the list of players who could have been.

£20m is the equivalent of Ibe and Sinclair.

How is Clyne "dissatisfied with his status" as first choice right-back? I can only interpret this as having absolutely nothing to do with his position in the first team roster. He probably missed two or three matches all season, not because he was out of favour with the manager or injury, but due to squad rotation because we were playing so many matches last season. 

I suppose his agent can't really say that his client wants a salary increase.

How is Clyne "dissatisfied with his status" as first choice right-back? I can only interpret this as having absolutely nothing to do with his position in the first team roster. He probably missed two or three matches all season, not because he was out of favour with the manager or injury, but due to squad rotation because we were playing so many matches last season.

I suppose his agent can't really say that his client wants a salary increase.

Or it's all completely made up by that daft prick Castles.

Not arsed about pulling out of the race to sign Gotze but the "happy with his attacking options" bit doesn't fill me with confidence.

Especially if we get rid of Benteke and Balotteli, leaves us with few options when Sturridge gets his annual six month injury around the end of September.

Looks like Pogba to Man Utd will be done with Real Madrid pulling out, they'll be a force next season whether we like to admit it or not, anyone clinging onto the hope that too many egos in one place won't work are crazy unfortunately they are buying the best they can. Pogba completely transforms their midfield from slow and uncreative to a dynamic powerful monster.

Anyone who watched Serie A regularly knows that this isn't the real Pogba at the Euros he's holding back for the good of the team without a recognised defensive midfielder he's restraining himself. Anyone expecting the same from him next season will be shocked to see him taking on whole midfields with skill and strength and driving in a 30 yard screamer. I'm gutted he's gone there, he'll be the difference from them potentially finishing 4th to challenging for the league, that's the one position they needed to strengthen and they've done it with the best possible player. It makes me all that more frustrated that we don't or can't seem to be getting the very best possible, I trust in Klopps judgment but we need to see things happening soon, hopefully with him signing a new deal he's had assurances that a few big players are coming in.

Especially if we get rid of Benteke and Balotteli, leaves us with few options when Sturridge gets his annual six month injury around the end of September.

hes not the only injury prone one. lovren sakho gomez henderson can origi ings all had long spells on sidelines last sesson.

Looks like Pogba to Man Utd will be done with Real Madrid pulling out, they'll be a force next season whether we like to admit it or not, anyone clinging onto the hope that too many egos in one place won't work are crazy unfortunately they are buying the best they can. Pogba completely transforms their midfield from slow and uncreative to a dynamic powerful monster.

Anyone who watched Serie A regularly knows that this isn't the real Pogba at the Euros he's holding back for the good of the team without a recognised defensive midfielder he's restraining himself. Anyone expecting the same from him next season will be shocked to see him taking on whole midfields with skill and strength and driving in a 30 yard screamer. I'm gutted he's gone there, he'll be the difference from them potentially finishing 4th to challenging for the league, that's the one position they needed to strengthen and they've done it with the best possible player. It makes me all that more frustrated that we don't or can't seem to be getting the very best possible, I trust in Klopps judgment but we need to see things happening soon, hopefully with him signing a new deal he's had assurances that a few big players are coming in.

hes a cracking player but united are gambling everything on mourinho. the fans will put up with his brand of shite football while they re winning but they ll quickly get sick of it in a year or two.

Nathaniel Clyne is going nowhere. #lfc (James Pearce)

Anfield officials were left baffled by reports suggesting Clyne was unsettled and had been offered to Barcelona. #lfc (James Pearce)

Clyne is highly-rated by Klopp and viewed as a key member of the side ahead of the 2016/17 campaign. #lfc (James Pearce)

It's got to be said with klopp on board, getting beat to gotze by spurs is pretty depressing. It says an awful lot about how shit we've become and the absolute acceptance of mediocrity at board level has us seen as absolute nobodies outside of our own club. Klopp has an almost impossible task to turn this club round.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

It's got to be said with klopp on board, getting beat to gotze by spurs is pretty depressing. It says an awful lot about how shit we've become and the absolute acceptance of mediocrity at board level has us seen as absolute nobodies outside of our own club. Klopp has an almost impossible task to turn this club round.

Has he signed for them ?
  • Upvote 1

We aren't getting beat to Gotze by Spurs though are we. Gotze was our first-choice initially before the euros but he preferred to stay at Bayern at the time. We moved on to our alternative which was Mane, and got him. I don't think Klopp ever wanted both, it was going to be either Gotze or Mane. In fact, I'm confident he would pick us over Spurs if we were still interested but we aren't anymore as we've brought in Mane meanwhile.

Hysterical bollocks. 

We aren't getting beat to Gotze by Spurs though are we. Gotze was our first-choice initially before the euros but he preferred to stay at Bayern at the time. We moved on to our alternative which was Mane, and got him. I don't think Klopp ever wanted both, it was going to be either Gotze or Mane. In fact, I'm confident he would pick us over Spurs if we were still interested but we aren't anymore as we've brought in Mane meanwhile.

Except the club was putting out stories earlier in the summer suggesting we would still go for gotze if he decided to leave bayern. If he's joined spurs, it's just the latest in a very long line of 1st choice targets who have no interest in joining us.

• Upvote 1