You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

The Bundesliga's not a great barometer of how good a player really is, for every De Bruyne there a Sahin who couldn't adapt

Sahin adapted quite well.

Scored a couple of goals in his half season, and then went on to bemoan Rodgers for messing him about as did a fair few of our other players.

Sahin adapted quite well.

Scored a couple of goals in his half season, and then went on to bemoan Rodgers for messing him about as did a fair few of our other players.

Rodgers messed Sahin around at times.  But he struggled here.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Most holding playmakers are going to struggling when playing number 10, striker or right wing. Pirlo would be shit there. So would alsonso.

Regardless of how Rodgers played him he's too slow to play here, he didn't adapt and hasn't really played properly since here was here he can't even get in the Turkey team and they were shit, he doesn't get in the Dortmund team anymore either. I'm not saying Matip and Karius aren't going to be amazing I don't know, all I'm saying is nobody can say for sure that they are going to be top class just because they've done well in the Bundesliga they might well do and I hope they are top class because for a combined fee of £4m? That's some top of the line business. Me personally before we bought anyone I'd have liked to see us buy a keeper, left back, centre back, centre mid and a reliable goal scorer and we've already got 2 of the 5 we need to improve.

It all seems like it's gone quiet on the transfer front and any links we are having seems like it's agents using us again to sell their player to a club in the Champions League for more money. Kovacic linked again today, guaranteed he'll go somewhere else straight after the tournament. Hopefully there's some Sakho and Firmino type business going on that no one knows because surely we can't go into the season having not strengthened at least the spine of the team. Nobody knows how good Karius and Matip actually are so before anyone points out that we've bought a keeper and centre back. The thing is I don't even know how we should sign at the moment because we all have no idea the calibre of player we can actually attract.

Someone has probably told the owners that's it difficult to do deals during international tournaments so they've all gone on holiday for 4 weeks

It doesn't matter where players are signed from or for how much. I reckon 50% of them might be deemed a failure.

And that is not just LFC, it is every Club, every manager. Every Hyppia is balanced with a Benteke. Every Cantona has a Veron.

It doesn't matter where players are signed from or for how much. I reckon 50% of them might be deemed a failure.

And that is not just LFC, it is every Club, every manager. Every Hyppia is balanced with a Benteke. Every Cantona has a Veron.

I think we should impose a 3 year embargo on ourselves, and not allow the purchase of any premier league player.

Most holding playmakers are going to struggling when playing number 10, striker or right wing. Pirlo would be shit there. So would alsonso.

And he still managed to score a few didn't he? It was almost like Rodgers decided to play him in his Clinton dempsey shaped hole and sahin was probably better

Guest Numero Veinticinco

And he still managed to score a few didn't he? It was almost like Rodgers decided to play him in his Clinton demised shaped hole and sahin was probably better

He did have a little run. The thing about these players is if you bring them in, you've got to use them properly. And I don't just mean they need to be used in the correct position, but the correct system and with the correct types of players around them otherwise they're just a square peg in a round hole. You wouldn't buy Toni Kroos and expect him to be a destroyer and put him in a midfield full of slow players who couldn't cover him. You need to create an environment for these players to thrive. That's what Rodgers did with Sturridge, Sterling, Suarez and others. It's what he got wrong with the rest of the team. It's not all about the line people on here trot out that 'X is shit' or 'all our players are shit'. No, it's not as simple as that. They've proven at other times in their career that they're not. It's about building a fucking TEAM that works together as one. Not about throwing players together and hoping for the best.

• Upvote 1

298 pages in and I'm still no wiser to what a Ballache is.

ballache

1. An annoying person 

2. A severe pain in the testies

1. Man, that boss of mine is a complete ballache 

2. Oooh, after that 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' marathon I asm suffering from severe ballache

• Upvote 2

ballache

1. An annoying person 

2. A severe pain in the testies

1. Man, that boss of mine is a complete ballache 

2. Oooh, after that 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' marathon I asm suffering from severe ballache

Thanks for that , I guess the first three refer to the transfer committee.....and the last one maybe Adam Johnson?

• Upvote 2

Not just monitoring?

I do believe he has been on the radar for a while, so they're now in the swoop preparation stage.

I'd like to know what happens after the swoop.