You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

Don't think that's an accurate comparison. He's quite different to Hendo. It's difficult to liken him to any player in english football, but maybe Wilshere would be the closest (without the injuries that is). Excellent first-touch, good dribbler and excellent vision. However, he does lack in aggressiveness, sometimes draws out of challenges and often comes off worse in 50-50s.

Personally, given his qualities and defensive frailties, I wouldn't mind seeing him given a chance as a number 10. He will also do very well in a three-man midfield but no sure about a midfield two with Emre. Whilst very good in possession, a midfield two of Emre and Zielinski would also be terrible protection for the defence given the tendency for them both to get caught ball watching.

If he can link the midfield and forward three wuickly he will be fine. We are far too slow and shit at linking the back 5/6 to the more attacking players

Just to throw a question in here,if we were to leave the EU would it effect transfers in any way?.

I guess it could lead to work permits being needed rather than freedom of movement. It would make plucking youngsters from Spanish academies harder i would imagine

The reports I read in Italy suggested Zielinski would have been backup to Hamsik in a 433 if Napoli did get him. Hamsik although an intelligent player is not known for his defensive contribution. He probably wouldn't have got many games at Napoli as Hamsik is captain and ever-present.

Another report said Roma may swoop as a replacement for Pjanic with Romas preferred choice being Kovacic. Not sure if that tells you what type of player he is. Or if he has yet found one role.

Just to throw a question in here,if we were to leave the EU would it effect transfers in any way?.

It'd be worth leaving the EU just to watch Trevor Brooking and the FA scratching their heads wondering why we aren't suddenly developing all these talented young players now the nasty foreigners are being controlled.

Biggest issue with leaving the EU in football is the next version of Football Manager will be shit, what's the point trying to sign the next Stancu, Tsigalko or Bakircioglü if they'll never get a work permit.

Nobody looks at the real cost.

• Upvote 2

Yeah the Pozi family are a dodgy as fuck owning three clubs the way they move players is disgraceful

Some fadt tax dodging shit going on. Im sure Granada signed a player from Udinese then immediately loan him to Watford. Yet the own all three clubs

I think it's more dodgy uefa allow it. I don't blame them for trying to take advantage. The whole thing should be closed down or at least all 3 clubs are told they are not eligible for uefa competition.

It's only really an issue if they meet each other or conflicting fixtures have an impact on the progression of any one of the teams.

As it is Udinese, Granada and Watford are unlikely to be in the same competition at the same time.

EchoLiverpool are using Jordon Ibe as bait to land Southampton's Sadio Mane say the Daily Star.The Saints rate their 24-year-old Senegalese international winger at £30million after rjthththghfjrjrhfhjjfjjffjjffgjf

Fjjrtjjfjfjjfjfjfjfjjfjfjfnfnrhrjrjhfhthr

e

OH FUCK OFF FFS!!! Someone help us, someone make this end.

Back to the France topic with Putin, Syria and dancing on glass bottles.

Hmmm. I just wonder why we've dragged our heels because this story's been going ages. Maybe he wasnt the first choice?

Been pretty much an 'official' target since January, as has Chilwell. My guess is that Dahoud probably emerged as the first choice since (rightly so in my opinion, as he's the more complete player right now and more likely to go straight into the first eleven). However, a deal for Dahoud is probably proving tricky as Galdbach has just sold two of their midfielders in Xhaka and Nordveit. So, we are back in for Zielinski now. That said, if we are planning to sign both, then happy days.

Our transfer dealings and attempts to catch up to the top 4 remind me of when Bart is in the Remedial class in The Simpsons. "Let me get this straight: we're behind the rest of our class and we're going to catch up to them by going slower than they are? Cuckoo!"

• Upvote 2

Melissa Reddy saying Gladbach want to keep Dahoud for now but that he is very much in our long term plans. I guess that's why we are now bidding for Zielinski and we'll try for Dahoud next window or summer.

Information you could have gleaned from the past 3 weeks of gossip.

God bless ITK's

Echo

Liverpool are using Jordon Ibe as bait to land Southampton's Sadio Mane say the Daily Star.

The Saints rate their 24-year-old Senegalese international winger at £30million after he netted double figures in both of his seasons at St Mary's to date but the Reds are hoping to use Ibe in a part exchange deal to help convince the South Coast club to sell.

Ibe featured in 44 games for Liverpool last season, scoring four goals but there are still suggestions that he hasn't developed as much as the club would have hoped.

Jordon Ibe of Liverpool passes the ball during a Liverpool training session on the eve of the UEFA Europa League Final against Sevilla at St. Jakob-Park on May 17, 2016 in Basel, Switzerland.

Now 20, he joined the Reds from Wycombe Wanderers aged 16 and his value in any deal is expected to be in the £10million bracket as Jurgen Klopp looks to snap up Mane as an alternative to Mario Gotze who now appears to be staying at Bayern Munich.

However, the move is being held up by the wait for neighbours Everton to unveil Ronald Koeman as their new manager.

The Dutchman is set to swap Hampshire for Merseyside but until the Blues announce the deal and Southampton can get a successor in place, they will not sanction a part-exchange of such significance

The Echo quoting the daily star? Fucking hell. And people still slag off Bascombe, Chris, come back.