You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

LFCZA ‏@LFCZA

John Cross (mirror) - #lfc have offered Jamie #Vardy a 140k a week salary but the release clause of 20m only available for CL clubs.

I think Arsenal fanboy John Cross is wumming but the Echo quickly put out something saying we weren't interested.

Vardy is much more suited to Klopp than Wenger.

However Wenger is no Rodgers I'm sure he has a plan for him. Considering they have had Bentder, Sanogo, Campbell as backup they will improve.

John Cross is a gobshite who has it in for LFC. Glad the club have come out quickly and dismissed the idea.

Oh and I'm not sure he'd be a good signing for Arsenal. Barring Sanchez,  Wenger's track record of signing strikers has been pretty poor for a while.

I reckon Vardy will turn back into a pumpkin if he leaves Leicester.

If there was any side I'd consider him ill-suited for it'd be Arsenal. He's not a crafty striker making five or ten yard runs to create half a yard of space that he can exploit in a crowded box; he doesn't have the inclination or the close control for that. He runs into space and directly at goal, something Arsenal rarely see as defences sit deep against them.

Vardy would be an infinitely better buy than Balotelli, and better than Benteke. But, we are not buying him. We have the money, but I'm yet to be convinced we have the nouse to buy players who will contribute. Klopp has some big decisions to make. We are not the draw we were thirty years ago.

So would any striker with a bit of pace and movement.

As for the rest, Klopp says he has the final say on who comes in. So lets hope he has a better eye for a player than the previous regime. Karius and Matip isn't a bad start at all though.

John Cross is a gobshite who has it in for LFC.

I wouldn't put it like that.  He made a twat out of himself over Suarez and he knows it. Rather than accept that and move on, it still winds him up and he tries to regain whatever dignity he can whenever he feels he has the slightest opportunity to win some points in an imagined competition.  It's not so much a vendetta as a sad, embarrassed man digging a hole for himself.  It's pathetic.

Vardy is a good finisher and quick over ten yards as well as 40, he'd be all right at Arsenal.  No upgrade over Walcott though and I wouldn't be surprised for him to develop his own injury issues next season as I reckon he was playing through quite a few this year.

Vardy is a good finisher and quick over ten yards as well as 40, he'd be all right at Arsenal. No upgrade over Walcott though and I wouldn't be surprised for him to develop his own injury issues next season as I reckon he was playing through quite a few this year.

hes a proper striker for a start who can run in different directions which makes him far superior to walcott who is one of those generic forward types - not a winger and not a striker but fast and direct and will get a few goals based on that.

I do believe that if Vardy signs for Arsenal it'll pretty much put to bed these rumours of Sturridge going there as well.

Yep I always thought the only home for Sturridge was Arsenal apart from us.

I'd also say does this point to Wenger jacking it in and the end of the season?

So would any striker with a bit of pace and movement.

As for the rest, Klopp says he has the final say on who comes in. So lets hope he has a better eye for a player than the previous regime. Karius and Matip isn't a bad start at all though.

I've never seen them play. And no-one has ever seen them play in a Klopp Liverpool team, so whether we buy players that the lads have seen on FM and YouTube or whether it's a name no-one apart from our resident terminal bore has heard, they all start here with a clean slate. Beware the ides of Morientes

Vardy is a good finisher and quick over ten yards as well as 40, he'd be all right at Arsenal. No upgrade over Walcott though and I wouldn't be surprised for him to develop his own injury issues next season as I reckon he was playing through quite a few this year.

He's massively better than Walcott at taking scoring opportunities though.

Yep I always thought the only home for Sturridge was Arsenal apart from us.

I'd also say does this point to Wenger jacking it in and the end of the season?

Maybe he's doing a Ferguson and sabotaging the next managers chances of overshadowing him

I've never seen them play. And no-one has ever seen them play in a Klopp Liverpool team, so whether we buy players that the lads have seen on FM and YouTube or whether it's a name no-one apart from our resident terminal bore has heard, they all start here with a clean slate. Beware the ides of Morientes

You're right. Nobody has seen them play in a Liverpool shirt. Only time will tell and all that. But you're looking at it with a bit of a negative slant. I'm preferring to stay a bit more positive mate.

I trust Klopp is a top coach.

I trust Klopp has a better eye for a player then previous managers we have had.

And I believe Klopp when he says he will have the final say on the players coming in.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

From Wiki

On 4 June 2016, Köln agreed a fee with Liverpool FC for Hector to sign with the five time European champions. Hector had said in March that a call from Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp could convince him to leave Köln. Boinz af amirite

Ligit.

• Upvote 1

Few rumours breaking that we've agreed a fee with Cologne for Hector and are now discussing personal terms.

Seen them on a Facebook group called This Is Anfield, but not sure of the original source.

Same report said we have had a bid for Leroy Sane turned down.