You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

I rate Mane and think he'd be a good signing, can't see Southampton selling him for £25m though, we're all too aware of how they can dig their heels in. He'll cost at least £35m in my opinion.

With Koeman saying he'll stay I imagine they'll have told him they won't flog everyone again

I was hoping we'd target and buy 3-4 players that would be guaranteed first 11 starters.

Watch the difference when shitcoat buys his players for the mancs they'll cost a fortune but will all be starters and improve them.

Even with Karius I hope the lad is brilliant and is our new no. 1 but he's very young and a lot of reports saying he's providing compition to Mignolet.

Seen we've been linked with Mane and Drinkwater. Classic Liverpool signings. £20m+ players who are quite good. Then they pull on the red shirt and turn instantly to shit. Although KLOPP might be able to rectify this now.

I don't dislike Mane as a player, but it should really be over and above, not instead of Götze. If Klopp really rates Lallana that highly, then sell Firmino to make room for him. Coutinho, Götze, Lallana, Mane, and Milner are good options to select your three behind Sturridge from.

I don't dislike Mane as a player, but it should really be over and above, not instead of Götze. If Klopp really rates Lallana that highly, then sell Firmino to make room for him. Coutinho, Götze, Lallana, Mane, and Milner are good options to select your three behind Sturridge from.

I think ideally you would have one out of Lallana or Milner as the good pro but uninspiring attacker, one out of Coutinho or Firmino as the mercurial Brazilian and then one absolute world class genius.

That ain't Saido Mane.

I was hoping we'd target and buy 3-4 players that would be guaranteed first 11 starters.

Watch the difference when shitcoat buys his players for the mancs they'll cost a fortune but will all be starters and improve them.

Even with Karius I hope the lad is brilliant and is our new no. 1 but he's very young and a lot of reports saying he's providing compition to Mignolet.

Stevie Wonder could provide competition to Mignolet.  Karius will replace him.

Hes been getting a lot of injuries up until May this year and hasn't played much towards the end of the season.

It does look like he has a hamstring\thigh issue. Maybe that is why Bayern are encouraging him to leave (and to cash in while they can).

Sadio Mane? From Southampton? At probably half of our summer budget?

We've been here too many times already. A decent footballer, but not one who'll progress us that much, if at all.

Southampton. Again. At a premium price. Can we just stop employing scouts and a chief executive and recoup some of these inflated transfer fees that way?

• Upvote 2

At least buying Mane would stop the cunt scoring against us every time we play Southampton.

Had a quick look and when he scored in the 6-1 loss against us he didn't score for 15 more games until against guess who? us of course. He is a streaky player goalswise. Similar last season.

3 of his 11 goals were scored against us this season.

8 of his goals were scored against us Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City and us. All teams that were either pretty poor defensively or who would have allowed the opposition space. Or if you are a glass half-full he scores against "better teams".6 of his goals came in the last 5 games in the season. 4 in the last 4 last season.

Inconsistency seems to be an issue !!

On his day he is quality but it all depends how many good days he has. Still better than any other Southampton player we bought previously but that is no praise.

• Upvote 1

Had a quick look and when he scored in the 6-1 loss against us he didn't score for 15 more games until against guess who? us of course. He is a streaky player goalswise. Similar last season.

3 of his 11 goals were scored against us this season.

8 of his goals were scored against us Chelsea, Everton, Manchester City and us. All teams that were either pretty poor defensively or who would have allowed the opposition space. Or if you are a glass half-full he scores against "better teams".6 of his goals came in the last 5 games in the season. 4 in the last 4 last season.

Inconsistency seems to be an issue !!

On his day he is quality but it all depends how many good days he has. Still better than any other Southampton player we bought previously but that is no praise.

That scoring profile sounds remarkably like Benteke's before he joined us. What could possibly go wrong?

At least buying Mane would stop the cunt scoring against us every time we play Southampton.

As I recall this was the very line used when we became resigned to the Benteke signing last summer.  That worked out well.

I genuinely don't think the club is briefing anyone on our genuine targets.  If there is accurate info out there, it is coming from the selling clubs.  When you read that someone hears from a LFC source that we are interested in Mane, then you can rest assured there is a very high chance that they are briefing the press intentionally there.  

I hesitate to use the word "smokescreen" but I think that pretty much says it.  The odds that our analytics-infused scouting system and Klopp's European connections has led us to target another overpriced player from a mid-table Premier League side are very low.

From what I've seen of him, I like Dahoud a lot as a player... Though he somewhat reminds me a bit of Aquilani back in his Roma days.

I like Dahoud. Would be an excellent addition.

Not the biggest,not the strongest or the fastest, just an excellent footballer.

As I recall this was the very line used when we became resigned to the Benteke signing last summer. That worked out well.

I genuinely don't think the club is briefing anyone on our genuine targets. If there is accurate info out there, it is coming from the selling clubs. When you read that someone hears from a LFC source that we are interested in Mane, then you can rest assured there is a very high chance that they are briefing the press intentionally there.

I hesitate to use the word "smokescreen" but I think that pretty much says it. The odds that our analytics-infused scouting system and Klopp's European connections has led us to target another overpriced player from a mid-table Premier League side are very low.

To be fair mate what's more likely, that were doing what we've done for the last few years and going after Mane or that it is infact a smokescreen?