You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Ballache 2016

Bjornebye

I don't really understand the obsession with Ter Stegen as he will cost an absolute fortune. He has not been first choice for the past two seasons and there is a risk that will have knocked his confidence. I genuinely think the speculation is founded on the fact he is German, unsettled and has a bit of pedigree. I would rather not go for anybody currently playing in England either as transfer fees this Summer will be obscene.

I hope our 'scouts' are having a close look at Alphonse Areola, who is on loan at Villareal from PSG. His saves to goals ratio is four times better than Mignolet's and his stats generally rank alongside the best in Europe. He is outperforming De Gea, Butland, Cech, Loris, Navas and Bravo this season with only really Neuer doing better. 

He did well at Bastia last year too and is only 23 years old. PSG have been loaning him out for the past few seasons to gain experience but he may be for sale as Kevin Trapp (25) has performed really well for PSG since joining last Summer and they already have Sirigu in reserve. 

I don't watch much football except Premier League/CL so can anyone who does answer why Ter Stegen can't get into the Barca team? I keep hearing he's excellent but hardly plays.

Something along the following lines should be realistic for the Summer and a massive improvement on what we have:-

Out:

Bogdan, Enrique, Toure, Moreno (£10m), Caulker, Illori (£2m), Allen (£10m), Markovic (£10m), Alberto (£4m), Yesil, Teixeira, Balotelli, Benteke (£25m)  Sales £56m

In:

GK           Areola (PSG) £10m / Ter Stegen (Barcelona) £20m

LB           Jonas Hector (Koln) £10m

CB           Matip (Schalke) Free

CM          Grujic (Red Star) Loan Return

DM          Danillo Pereira (Porto) £15m

LW          Gotze (Bayern) £35m  / Sane (Schalke) £35m

RW          Dembele (Rennes) £15m / El Ghazi (Ajax) £15m

Total Spent £85m - 95m

That would give us a squad of:

Ter Stegen / Areola 

Mignolet

Ward (H)

Clyne (H)                         Matip                         Lovren                       Hector

Flanagan (H)                   Skrtel                         Sakho                        Smith (H)

Gomez (U)

Danillo Pereira

Stewart (H)

Can                                              Coutinho

Grujic (U)                                     Henderson (H)

Milner (H)

Brannagan (U)

Chirivella (U)

Firmino                                                    Sturridge (H)                                   Gotze / Sane

Lallana (H)                                                 Origi   (U)                                     Ibe (H)

El Ghazi / Dembele (U)                                 Ings (H)                                       Ojo (U)

23 overage players, 11 Homegrown and 7 underage so room for two more overage signings or we could keep Moreno and Markovic.

• Upvote 1

If all of them would only cost 120m we should be able to sign all of them plus a couple of other players.Jason Cundy said a few weeks ago if Leicester spend 75m in the summer no one will raise an eyebrow because that's what you need to spend to stay in the cl.If Leicester should be spending that much how much should LFC be spending?

We didn't spend anything in terms of net spend last summer, there's a new tv deal and I think we could get 100m or more from sales.Benteke and Balotelli are wanted in China and that should raise atleast 40m from just them two.

This should be one of our best windows ever, the owners seem serious about challenging bringing Klopp in so they should be prepared to spend big.

Jason Cundy said.

Jason Cundy said.

I give credit to those who said things if I quote them, even though Cundy is a cunt he spot on.No one would be shocked if Leicester spent that much or more so I don't understand fans who think we couldn't afford to spend 120m, I wouldn't be surprised if we spend 200m this summer.

Madrid value Javier Manquillo very highly...

Liverpool snapped up Javier Manquillo on an extended loan from Atletico Madrid in 2014, intended to last two seasons.

After failing to hold down a starting place in Brendan Rodgers' side, all parties decided the best option was to terminate the loan and move on.

The full-back signed with French side Marseille instead, with Atletico keen for him to go out and get regular game time with competition in Diego Simeone's side fierce.

French outlet RMC Sport report Marseille are keen on signing the Spaniard on a permanent basis, but have been met with fierce resistance.

RMC Sport report Atletico Madrid want a whopping 40 million Euros for Javier Manquillo - £30.9 million.

Tuttomercatoweb report Italian champions Juventus are also interested in the young defender, but are put off by the asking price and will attempt to negotiate.

Manquillo is still only 21, and has been getting the regular playing time he craved at Marseille, making 32 appearances, 31 of which have been start.

This is more than double the number of matches he played at Liverpool last season, 14 starts, plus another as substitute.

Atletico Madrid's asking price shows they are unwilling to part with him easily, and certainly not on the cheap, and even if Manquillo had held down a first team place at Anfield it would not have been easy for them to do a deal, potentially wasting two seasons.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/03/08/deal-terminated-by-liverpool-javier-manquillo-now-valued-at-309/?

Never understood why we sent the lad back so soon.

I wonder what Ian Ormondroyd thinks about the summer transfer spend likely at somewhere like Norwich.

Can someone capture it when he confirms please, I want to be basing a lot of made up shit on that very important view.

I can't help you on that one but i heard today that Steve Chettle has it on good authority that there will be at least 6 in and 5 out with a net spend of close to 150m at PSV Eindhoven next season

I give credit to those who said things if I quote them, even though Cundy is a cunt he spot on.No one would be shocked if Leicester spent that much or more so I don't understand fans who think we couldn't afford to spend 120m, I wouldn't be surprised if we spend 200m this summer.

We may well spend £100m but it won't be net. Of course that might be a stick for some to beat Klopp with if for instance we didn't start next season well. That might just be the cynic in me.

With Leicester's great season and money supposedly going to be spent in bucket loads by everyone the league will be tougher than ever. Klopp will probably get little leeway off some if we do have a poor start as I said, even though everyone will apparently be spending big, the pressure on us will be huge as usual. Rome was not built in a day and apparently many rival quotes went in for the building of the Coliseum. Thankfully they turned away a bid from Hibernia and went for a guy from Germania.

Can't wait to see who Brendan buys this summer.

It's odd he's hidden from view at the minute, but JP categorically confirmed he 100% would be manager until then, at least, irrespective of what the fans say, and if there was one thing I learnt at school it's consider the source.

JP should have the itk on why that master talent judge Brendan Rodgers saw so little in him. Unlike Morono.

eh rodgers didnt want moreno either. he wanted bertrand but didnt get and later replaced moreno with joe gomez.

I think the majority of people thought manquillo wasnt good enough

I don't really understand the obsession with Ter Stegen as he will cost an absolute fortune. He has not been first choice for the past two seasons and there is a risk that will have knocked his confidence. I genuinely think the speculation is founded on the fact he is German, unsettled and has a bit of pedigree. I would rather not go for anybody currently playing in England either as transfer fees this Summer will be obscene.

I hope our 'scouts' are having a close look at Alphonse Areola, who is on loan at Villareal from PSG. His saves to goals ratio is four times better than Mignolet's and his stats generally rank alongside the best in Europe. He is outperforming De Gea, Butland, Cech, Loris, Navas and Bravo this season with only really Neuer doing better. 

He did well at Bastia last year too and is only 23 years old. PSG have been loaning him out for the past few seasons to gain experience but he may be for sale as Kevin Trapp (25) has performed really well for PSG since joining last Summer and they already have Sirigu in reserve. 

i heard he's a bit of a tit.

• Upvote 1

100% true transfer news.

Liverpool are interested in signing Koln keeper Timo Horn, 22, and defender Jonas Hector, 25 - but face competition from Arsenal and Manchester United for the former. (Bild - in German)

West Ham are ready to move for Manchester City striker Wilfried Bony, 27, and Liverpool forward Christian Benteke, 25, if they miss out on their top target, Marseille's Michy Batshuayi, 22. (Mirror)

Manchester United and Liverpool will compete this summer for £31m Bayern Munich and Germany midfielder Mario Gotze, 23. (Daily Star)