You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester City - Away - 2 Feb 16

aRdja

We have some good players, we don't have a balance of players in the squad to even build a competent first eleven, though. Especially with Ings and Sturridge out, even Origi. 

We have no strikers bar a lazy, thick, shithouse. It's a complete waste of time him being on the pitch. We have no wingers to provide crosses for him, not that he bothers to get in the box. We have no goal scoring midfielders, not that he bothers to win the ball in dangerous areas.

We have a shite keeper, up until now one full back that can defend (Flanagan coming back makes this two, which will help a lot). A complete mish mash of centre backs - some that like defending the edge of the six yard box, others that want to play in the opposition's half. We have one holding midfielder, and he runs like a man in his 70s. The rest of the central midfielders are either raw as fuck - Can, or rarely do anything of note - Henderson/Milner/Allen. No goal scoring wide players. A selection of number 10s, with comfortably the best out injured.

Worse than all of this is that it must be the thickest, most spineless, squad ever assembled. No leaders. No-one taking responsibility for anything. Someone else mentioned earlier, for most of this lot they think they've made it. Signing for us was the ceiling of their ambition and, in most cases, rightly so. 

It is a phenomenally unbalanced squad, put together for three hundred million pounds, and we've just watched a transfer window drift by when just one fucking striker on loan could, despite the deficiencies in the squad, have made an enormous difference.

• Upvote 12

The results won't consistently improve until we get rid of the redundant or plain shite players and replace them with pieces that actually fit into a coherent team. Simple as that.

You look at today, Why the fuck do both Milner and Henderson have to be on the pitch at the same time? They could not be more similar. Why is there not one technically decent player in our whole midfield? Why do we play with 4 central midfielders? Why do we have to rely on a thick 21 year to control games for us? Why can't we ever spring a decent counter? Why is a 32 million pound striker on the bench?

These are all questions which can be answered with the fact that the squad is poorly built, There are no other options, the players are either all similar or don't complement eachother and it's therefore very difficult to play good football.

These are all questions which can be answered with the fact that the squad is poorly built, There are no other options, the players are either all similar or don't complement eachother and it's therefore very difficult to play good football.

I'd pretty much make the argument we need to stop trying to play good football and try something a bit more basic. 

It sounds mad on the face of it. But we're just over complicating the game for players who are a combination of stupid, gutless and just plain shite. They aren't capable of pulling it off. We have a few good ones we might be able to do something with though if it doesn't involve too much thinking from the rest.

Although we may eventually get to a point where we can have Sturridge bail us out with some regularity if by some miracle he gets a new hip/knee/ankle/big toe. 

I'd pretty much make the argument we need to stop trying to play good football and try something a bit more basic. 

It sounds mad on the face of it. But we're just over complicating the game for players who are a combination of stupid, gutless and just plain shite. They aren't capable of pulling it off. We have a few good ones we might be able to do something with though if it doesn't involve too much thinking from the rest.

Although we may eventually get to a point where we can have Sturridge bail us out with some regularity if by some miracle he gets a new hip/knee/ankle/big toe. 

I agree to the extent that playing a little more direct would simplify things for the players going forward, but then the problem is that we wouldn't be playing to Lallana, Coutinho and Firmino's strengths. That's 60+mill of players right there. 

What I mean is that the team is so unbalanced that whether we go more direct or try to play fluid football doesn't matter. If we play slow build-up around the box you have big cunt Benteke being an impediment or if you play a false nine, all the defense has to do is sit deep and it's the easiest game of their careers. On the flip side, if we try to play direct, that takes all our #10's out of the game and we have no wingers to cross the ball. Even if we tried to sit deep and hit teams on the counter we'd be shit most of the time because we have no pace.

The only hope we have this season is if Sturridge miraculously puts a run of games together. He'd give us the attributes we are missing up front. Origi and Ings are the same to a lesser extent. They have decent enough technique to link up with players and the pace to stretch teams. If those 3 are out we will almost always struggle.

• Upvote 1

The only hope we have this season is if Sturridge miraculously puts a run of games together. He'd give us the attributes we are missing up front. Origi and Ings are the same to a lesser extent. They have decent enough technique to link up with players and the pace to stretch teams. If those 3 are out we will almost always struggle.

Yeah I think everyone can agree on that at the minute. Without somebody to actually get on the end of our build up play we'll just see the same thing over and over again. Our move breaks down, opposition counters and scores. Or if they don't score immediately someone gives away a free because we're stretched and they score from the resulting set piece anyway.

It's fucking bleak.

Fucking groundhog day isn't it?

You couldn't ask for a more average midfield and attack than this lot:

Lucas

Can

Henderson

Milner

Lallana

I'll leave Firmino out because I think he'd be quite useful playing alongside the right kind of players. The other five won't score 10 goals between them over a league campaign. 

It's fucking disgraceful that the club has allowed itself to get into this state. Rodgers carried the can for all those cunts on the transfer committee. 

Ultimately the buck lies with Ayre. He sanctioned 25m for Lallana, 32m for Benteke and 150k a week for James Milner. 

• Upvote 1

I tend to opt for the opinion that the players are generally shite. It's basic skills they fuck up like simple passes and shooting straight keeping the ball under the height of 30 foot. Without the ball they stand round like spectators. Every single player is brain dead too. Our scouts must of watched water boy and thought.. Imagine. Did Rodgers want empty vessels he could pour his knowledge into. Every person responsible for the scouting of current players that's still here needs removing from their job, they are bad people.

I'm fucking sick of this.

That whole starting XI bar Clyne and Firmino can go and fuck themselves. This isn't even kneejerk- if you told us that every single one of that other 9 were to be fucked off in the summer I'd be delighted.

Mignolet and Lovren- you can't really go on repeating yourself. Moreno has to be the most brain dead footballer I've ever seen and that includes Jose Enrique. He's that bad he more than earns his place in the pantheon of our other shite full backs in Konchesky, Insua, Dossena, the aforementioned Mr Enrique. I was never a huge fan of Riise, to be honest, but it absolutely defies belief that every single left back we've signed since he left has been fucking shite, arguably worst or just as bad as the last. How long ago was it he left- almost 10 years ago? Fucking hell, it's staggering in its incompetence. People have been shot for less.

Sakho? Do you know what, sorry I don't see it. Depending on who you speak to, he's either Traore or Hansen. As always the truth is somewhere in between, but, fucking hell, who taught this lad to defend? There's a reason why he has everybody shitting themselves and it's because he's extending a Go-Go-Gadget leg in a dodgy area when if he was on the ball, he could have cut out danger by simply being switched on and anticipating danger. There was a cracking bit of punditry Carragher did on John Stones, basically saying he needs to get his head out of his arse and start anticipating danger earlier, opening his mouth and organising, cutting stuff out because the vast majority of the spectacular last ditch tackles come about because he's all over the shop in the first place. I feel exactly the same about Sakho. He's a decent passer (over-rated by some though), but it's not worth a carrot if you can't anticipate danger. Hyypia, Carragher, Henchoz- players who sensed danger and were always in the right place. Sakho was a fucking disgrace there for their second. Head out of your arse, lad.

Henderson, Can, Lucas- a fucking turd midfield if I ever saw one. I've got so much time for Lucas, but it says more about us than it does about him that he's still a starter. He's been like a cockroach surviving a succession of nuclear blasts because every time we threaten to kick on and deem him an irrelevance, we end up turning back to him because he's the one of the few players with a set of plums, who's actually got a brain in his head. Shame his legs are shot.

Henderson can just fuck off. Run, run, run and fuck all else. A goal every blue moon and just happy to hit the target on the other occasions. Jordan Henderson- Liverpool captain. Deary me.

Can is another who would infinitely improve by just getting his head out of his arse. The lad thinks he's made it, but his decision making is absolutely abysmal. If we had a genuinely class player in there alongside him, he'd realise just how much further he has to go in the game. That's not his fault obviously, but in his case, I always think back to Gerrard about how he was like a sponge when McAllister was at the club, constantly learning. Any sign of promise in a player we have is pretty much nullified because we're a team of fannies. No-one to talk, no-one to bollock, no-one to show.

Milner. Brain dead. Never seen a player on the stretch so much. Scott Parker's Yorkshire cousin. I expected so much more from him because I thought he'd be said old head, passing on advice. What a fucking disappointment.

And that twat Lallana can just fuck right off. Never have I seen a player look so good at doing nothing. Beats a man with a turn he learned at school and has used it ever since but still doesn't play the ball, has to beat him again and again, slows the play down before it's inevitably nicked from him. Virtually no goals and assists, chocolate teapot of an attacker, yet the first to the Sky cameras to run through the big book of footballing clichés to spout about hard work, turning corners and not counting chickens. Just fuck off you fucking waste of space. Just fuck off all the way back to Southampton, you over-rated, worthless shithouse.

These cunts in charge of us can fuck off too. Under promise and over deliver? Sure about that? Vapid gobs on sticks under whom it's been abject for 4/5 seasons with only a League Cup in that time, a stats virgin who may as well be the fella who does the US Soccer Guy twitter a key player in charge of recruitment, and some Sons of Anarchy reject who was probably bullied at school for being a smug twat and, all around, just seems far too pleased with himself for being associated with the club. Gobshites to a man. And, yeah, cheers for the price hike, boys. I can't wait to shell out an absolute wedge to watch us stink the place out next season with more over-priced dross, huffing and puffing our way until May.

Worst thing about it all? I don't any of the above are really that arsed in the slightest.

m8390y.gif

• Upvote 1

Amazing what giving the bright toothed shithouse an extended stay of execution in the aummer has caused. Wasn't obvious, no siree.

I've no idea how these yank cunts made money with hedge funds. When it comes to football they're fucking jokers.

Dont you worry about them, they'll make plenty off us.

If we win it is down to Klopp. If we lose it is down to Rodgers.

Klopp has decided not to buy or sell anyone from the team during this window. He must be happy with Rodgers' signings. Or is that someone else's fault too?

I really hope Klopp comes through for us...I want to believe. But I'd just like a glimpse of something to help the belief start.

allardyce went into sunderland around the same time as klopp came here. heard this morning he chucked 7 out and brought in 5 in jan.

is klopp taking his time to assess the squad or does he rate them?

watched a show about david Chipperfield the architect who works in berlin now. he said a big difference between working in england and germany is that they dont set final deadlines like it has to be done by this date and give me whatever you have. he ll be discussing projects for 7 years some times before they start work.

get the plans right then go to work.

• Upvote 1

We have some good players, we don't have a balance of players in the squad to even build a competent first eleven, though. Especially with Ings and Sturridge out, even Origi. 

We have no strikers bar a lazy, thick, shithouse. It's a complete waste of time him being on the pitch. We have no wingers to provide crosses for him, not that he bothers to get in the box. We have no goal scoring midfielders, not that he bothers to win the ball in dangerous areas.

We have a shite keeper, up until now one full back that can defend (Flanagan coming back makes this two, which will help a lot). A complete mish mash of centre backs - some that like defending the edge of the six yard box, others that want to play in the opposition's half. We have one holding midfielder, and he runs like a man in his 70s. The rest of the central midfielders are either raw as fuck - Can, or rarely do anything of note - Henderson/Milner/Allen. No goal scoring wide players. A selection of number 10s, with comfortably the best out injured.

Worse than all of this is that it must be the thickest, most spineless, squad ever assembled. No leaders. No-one taking responsibility for anything. Someone else mentioned earlier, for most of this lot they think they've made it. Signing for us was the ceiling of their ambition and, in most cases, rightly so. 

It is a phenomenally unbalanced squad, put together for three hundred million pounds, and we've just watched a transfer window drift by when just one fucking striker on loan could, despite the deficiencies in the squad, have made an enormous difference.

The team should be made to read that then given their cards other than a couple of them

Read some absolute rubbish on here, to be expected from certain wum's and agenda driven divvies of course. Apparently Klopp must be so happy with the squad he was left because he hasn't bought or sold anyone. Yeah, right.

January is not normally a great time to buy, some good deals can be done of course. I like to believe he has identified targets for the summer and as with Texeira will not be held to ransom. Klopp and his staff can indentify players, I understand Zorc was highly influential but these guys are no mugs. Irons will be in fires and deals only awaiting the crossing of the T's and the dotting of the I's I'm pretty confident about that.

People haven't left for various reasons, he is evaluating what he has. He has very little option in an unbalanced squad and obviously he feels his targets were not available. He is assessing and making the best of a bad bunch. Certain tactical and personnel decisions he has made are questionable but he has not been here four months for fuck sake.

Who exactly is going to come in to buy all these players by the way ? Originally overpriced and definitely over paid. Should we take huge losses ? Maybe, as I trust the manager to get better value with any funds anyway. What about wages ? Are these wastrels going to take pay cuts, would you ? It will take careful management to sort us out, hands on shoulders of players he doesn't want, praise in papers for shite he wants rid of. He will dismantle this squad in the summer.

The squad is a total mishmash put together by a clueless mouthpiece. Square pegs in no holes if you like. Remember this, Benteke,32m, Lallana,25m, Lovren,20m. That's the Suarez money. Moreno,15m, Borini,10m, Balotelli,16m, Allen 15m there's the Sterling cash. Not in any order but you get the gist. Manager and or committe bought. Smacks of simply spending for the sake of it or in some cases just buying without any thought of were the player will fit in.

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm fucking sick of this.

That whole starting XI bar Clyne and Firmino can go and fuck themselves. This isn't even kneejerk- if you told us that every single one of that other 9 were to be fucked off in the summer I'd be delighted.

Mignolet and Lovren- you can't really go on repeating yourself. Moreno has to be the most brain dead footballer I've ever seen and that includes Jose Enrique. He's that bad he more than earns his place in the pantheon of our other shite full backs in Konchesky, Insua, Dossena, the aforementioned Mr Enrique. I was never a huge fan of Riise, to be honest, but it absolutely defies belief that every single left back we've signed since he left has been fucking shite, arguably worst or just as bad as the last. How long ago was it he left- almost 10 years ago? Fucking hell, it's staggering in its incompetence. People have been shot for less.

Sakho? Do you know what, sorry I don't see it. Depending on who you speak to, he's either Traore or Hansen. As always the truth is somewhere in between, but, fucking hell, who taught this lad to defend? There's a reason why he has everybody shitting themselves and it's because he's extending a Go-Go-Gadget leg in a dodgy area when if he was on the ball, he could have cut out danger by simply being switched on and anticipating danger. There was a cracking bit of punditry Carragher did on John Stones, basically saying he needs to get his head out of his arse and start anticipating danger earlier, opening his mouth and organising, cutting stuff out because the vast majority of the spectacular last ditch tackles come about because he's all over the shop in the first place. I feel exactly the same about Sakho. He's a decent passer (over-rated by some though), but it's not worth a carrot if you can't anticipate danger. Hyypia, Carragher, Henchoz- players who sensed danger and were always in the right place. Sakho was a fucking disgrace there for their second. Head out of your arse, lad.

Henderson, Can, Lucas- a fucking turd midfield if I ever saw one. I've got so much time for Lucas, but it says more about us than it does about him that he's still a starter. He's been like a cockroach surviving a succession of nuclear blasts because every time we threaten to kick on and deem him an irrelevance, we end up turning back to him because he's the one of the few players with a set of plums, who's actually got a brain in his head. Shame his legs are shot.

Henderson can just fuck off. Run, run, run and fuck all else. A goal every blue moon and just happy to hit the target on the other occasions. Jordan Henderson- Liverpool captain. Deary me.

Can is another who would infinitely improve by just getting his head out of his arse. The lad thinks he's made it, but his decision making is absolutely abysmal. If we had a genuinely class player in there alongside him, he'd realise just how much further he has to go in the game. That's not his fault obviously, but in his case, I always think back to Gerrard about how he was like a sponge when McAllister was at the club, constantly learning. Any sign of promise in a player we have is pretty much nullified because we're a team of fannies. No-one to talk, no-one to bollock, no-one to show.

Milner. Brain dead. Never seen a player on the stretch so much. Scott Parker's Yorkshire cousin. I expected so much more from him because I thought he'd be said old head, passing on advice. What a fucking disappointment.

And that twat Lallana can just fuck right off. Never have I seen a player look so good at doing nothing. Beats a man with a turn he learned at school and has used it ever since but still doesn't play the ball, has to beat him again and again, slows the play down before it's inevitably nicked from him. Virtually no goals and assists, chocolate teapot of an attacker, yet the first to the Sky cameras to run through the big book of footballing clichés to spout about hard work, turning corners and not counting chickens. Just fuck off you fucking waste of space. Just fuck off all the way back to Southampton, you over-rated, worthless shithouse.

These cunts in charge of us can fuck off too. Under promise and over deliver? Sure about that? Vapid gobs on sticks under whom it's been abject for 4/5 seasons with only a League Cup in that time, a stats virgin who may as well be the fella who does the US Soccer Guy twitter a key player in charge of recruitment, and some Sons of Anarchy reject who was probably bullied at school for being a smug twat and, all around, just seems far too pleased with himself for being associated with the club. Gobshites to a man. And, yeah, cheers for the price hike, boys. I can't wait to shell out an absolute wedge to watch us stink the place out next season with more over-priced dross, huffing and puffing our way until May.

Worst thing about it all? I don't any of the above are really that arsed in the slightest.

This post should be printed, laminated and distributed to all players, staff, management and owners.

Mind you, instead of getting a positive reaction the poster would probably get a lifetime ban from Anfield for upsetting all the money grabbing pricks our club is riddled with. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Read some absolute rubbish on here, to be expected from certain wum's and agenda driven divvies of course. Apparently Klopp must be so happy with the squad he was left because he hasn't bought or sold anyone. Yeah, right.

January is not normally a great time to buy, some good deals can be done of course. I like to believe he has identified targets for the summer and as with Texeira will not be held to ransom. Klopp and his staff can indentify players, I understand Zorc was highly influential but these guys are no mugs. Irons will be in fires and deals only awaiting the crossing of the T's and the dotting of the I's I'm pretty confident about that.

People haven't left for various reasons, he is evaluating what he has. He has very little option in an unbalanced squad and obviously he feels his targets were not available. He is assessing and making the best of a bad bunch. Certain tactical and personnel decisions he has made are questionable but he has not been here four months for fuck sake.

Who exactly is going to come in to buy all these players by the way ? Originally overpriced and definitely over paid. Should we take huge losses ? Maybe, as I trust the manager to get better value with any funds anyway. What about wages ? Are these wastrels going to take pay cuts, would you ? It will take careful management to sort us out, hands on shoulders of players he doesn't want, praise in papers for shite he wants rid of. He will dismantle this squad in the summer.

The squad is a total mishmash put together by a clueless mouthpiece. Square pegs in no holes if you like. Remember this, Benteke,32m, Lallana,25m, Lovren,20m. That's the Suarez money. Moreno,15m, Borini,10m, Balotelli,16m, Allen 15m there's the Sterling cash. Not in any order but you get the gist. Manager and or committe bought. Smacks of simply spending for the sake of it or in some cases just buying without any thought of were the player will fit in.

I said it about Moreno and it probably applies to a lot of the other players, no point dropping them as otherwise their value will plummet even further. If we dropped them then the poor little darlings would leak shite to the press and we'd end up losing them for next to nothing as buying clubs would take the piss. Play them, try to keep the majority happy so they think they have a future at our club, hope they have a few good games which catches the eye of other clubs and how they might fit into said club, then sell the wankers ASAP.

I also think Klopp is probably playing them as much as possible to save the upcoming kids from being part of a team without any confidence and thus affecting their fledgling careers. It's one thing giving a team full of youngsters a run out against Exeter, and the majority of them played well and will benefit from it, It's a different kettle of fish putting 3 or 4 youngsters in amongst the dross we have in the senior squad just to get bummed off mediocre teams. They'd gain fuck all from that and the senior players would no doubt shift the blame onto the manager for playing the youngsters and the young ones themselves. 

Summer **will/should be a big surprise for some of those shit houses who think they have made it and can swan about....

**Will if Klopp gets the backing of the owners. 

allardyce went into sunderland around the same time as klopp came here. heard this morning he chucked 7 out and brought in 5 in jan.

Allardyce is under direct pressure, he has to act now, they're in a relegation battle.  I hope that Klopp is just waiting to the summer to get his players in, and if so I hope we get them in early and have a proper pre-season, none of this messing about at the end of August.  We really need to get this summer right