You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Midnight Oil

Nunavut Patrick

My Midnight Oil story, I was up in Nunavut and used to take the piss out of this Aussie nurse by asking her if the dingo ate her baby and then if she knew anyone from Midnight Oil.

years later there was an Australian doctor up and I skipped the dingo thing but asked him if he knew peter garret and turns out he went to school (private school as well.) with the lad. Had a long talk about his activism and stuff and he seems like a genuine good bloke.

anyhoo, this was like ten years ago and feel bad for this doc as he got mixed up with some young nurse who wanted to be a doctor and he paid for her med school and bought a house in the south of canada for her and they got married and she binned him not even a year in.

Mind you the twat told me i needed like three thousand international units of vitmain D when the recommendaton was really closer to 500 or something.

Garret joined the Australian Labor Party and got himself a safe seat, sold out all his Green ideals, stayed in Parliament long enough to qualify for his enormous retirement package (payable immediately on leaving Parliament) and retired at the last election.

Great singer, hypocrite and cunt.

• Upvote 1

Garret joined the Australian Labor Party and got himself a safe seat, sold out all his Green ideals, stayed in Parliament long enough to qualify for his enormous retirement package (payable immediately on leaving Parliament) and retired at the last election.

He was a minister, wasn't he?

Still, a great band. And he wasn't the principal songwriter.

did you ever throw your shrimp on this barbie?

No, she was older and worked in the outback. She traveled all over the Outback and Canada's North later...she had like one knife, one spoon, one fork and ate alot of peanut butter sandwiches.

She also adopted this orphaned Arctic Hare, called him Smokey, and had him caged in her back porch. When she went on holdiays I fed it for her, she fed it frozen peas and vegetables and a square of Cadbury.

Remember someting about him not staying true to his ideals but it always happens in government, especially in the ruling party.

I can remember years ago we had a doctor who was in Parliament and the ruling liberals at the time were denying hemophilacs compensation for tained blood scandal that happened and the PM said they all had to vote the party line on this and she did, even though as a doctor she did not want to....best part was the Tory provincial government at the time, run by one of the most right wing leaders ever to rule a province outside of Alberta, ended up paying it out even though they did not have to. As he was firing nurses...